• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritchie Bros Auction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I coulda hauled two loads to town by the time they finished selling the first quarter of land.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
      I would say prices are amazingly strong. Might have to watch for these items coming up at another later consignment auction. Klause mentioned this a couple years ago about items selling at one consignment auction then miraculously showing up 6 months later at another.

I bought a small earthmover in Saskatoon. After Klause's comments I checked and it was sold at a sale in Brandon a few months earlier. It was advertised with the same pictures. Hmmm.
      Further to this thought, I was watching off and on. I noticed one or two combines sold to a buyer in Texas.Okay...

Then later on they are selling a 1830 drill with tbt and tbh tanks. It goes to Texas so I write down the buyer number. Later same Texas buyer buys 9 other pieces of equipment. Who hauls an 18 yr old suspended boom Brandt sprayer, JD round baler, Morris hayhiker, etc., a minimum 1300 miles.

Anyway, I wrote down some info to watch for future consignment sales to see if the "mystery" Texas buyer resells this stuff. If I see it again, I will make a call.

Comment

Wow what a sale in Regina. I guess farmers are way better off And flush with cash more than I thought. But for the guy needing a new combine, I guess $200K discount to the new one on the lot is a steal. The land 2.0 x assessment...wow must be the 50 year payback plan. I guess I will crawl back in my hole. To all AG CANADA and Sask Ag lurkers....sorry for zooming you....we are really all loaded just act and talk like poppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
          Wow what a sale in Regina. I guess farmers are way better off And flush with cash more than I thought. But for the guy needing a new combine, I guess $200K discount to the new one on the lot is a steal. The land 2.0 x assessment...wow must be the 50 year payback plan. I guess I will crawl back in my hole. To all AG CANADA and Sask Ag lurkers....sorry for zooming you....we are really all loaded just act and talk like poppers.
          Yup even though that land sale was at 2X assessment it’s the only 3 items in 20 years that have some sort of value. Those 790s and 9620rxs not so much.

It’s gopher season

Iceman

Comment

Further to this thought, I was watching off and on. I noticed one or two combines sold to a buyer in Texas.Okay...

Then later on they are selling a 1830 drill with tbt and tbh tanks. It goes to Texas so I write down the buyer number. Later same Texas buyer buys 9 other pieces of equipment. Who hauls an 18 yr old suspended boom Brandt sprayer, JD round baler, Morris hayhiker, etc., a minimum 1300 miles.

Anyway, I wrote down some info to watch for future consignment sales to see if the "mystery" Texas buyer resells this stuff. If I see it again, I will make a call.
            I expect they understand buyer psychology better than anyone. First big sale of the year will set the tone for all the rest. Probably a small price to pay to lose some money subsidising the purchase of some big ticket items today, to keep prices up throughout the rest of the season.

If you watch the order of equipment as they sell it, they always start with the most valuable and work their way down to the stuff I can afford, they understand buyers emotions. After seeing a combine sell for over half a million as the first item, when they get to the Super 92, anything under 6 digits looks like a bargain...

Comment

I suspect they will end up in Mexico. I had a Mexican Mennonite crew build some bins on the farm, and he was also an equipment jockey and would haul this type of stuff down. Showed me some pics of some the stuff he brought down, and some of that equipment would give me anxiety hauling it across the road, let alone across North America.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                I expect they understand buyer psychology better than anyone. First big sale of the year will set the tone for all the rest. Probably a small price to pay to lose some money subsidising the purchase of some big ticket items today, to keep prices up throughout the rest of the season.

If you watch the order of equipment as they sell it, they always start with the most valuable and work their way down to the stuff I can afford, they understand buyers emotions. After seeing a combine sell for over half a million as the first item, when they get to the Super 92, anything under 6 digits looks like a bargain...
                If you need parts for your Super 92 let me know .......... there’s one in the bush here. Or if you want a real upgrade I got a 510 Massey with some “cosmetic” damage as well. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                  If you need parts for your Super 92 let me know .......... there’s one in the bush here. Or if you want a real upgrade I got a 510 Massey with some “cosmetic” damage as well. 😉
                  No way, too many bells and whistles to go wrong on the new fangled high tech 510. What would you need a cab on a combine for anyways? I tried to look up if RB has sold any 510's, or super 92's, and for what price, but something is wrong with the site tonight.

Comment

No way, too many bells and whistles to go wrong on the new fangled high tech 510. What would you need a cab on a combine for anyways? I tried to look up if RB has sold any 510's, or super 92's, and for what price, but something is wrong with the site tonight.
                    They were indeed Super! Never mind the 510.

Looks like I don't have to "attend" the first half or so of auctions this spring....

Comment

Neighbour has a belt drive threshing machine if you want real old school. Chainsaw required for removal but at least there’s no flat tires to worry about. Do you have a tractor with a pulley on it? I’d donate a belt that’s hanging in the back of a shed here😉

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
                        I suspect they will end up in Mexico. I had a Mexican Mennonite crew build some bins on the farm, and he was also an equipment jockey and would haul this type of stuff down. Showed me some pics of some the stuff he brought down, and some of that equipment would give me anxiety hauling it across the road, let alone across North America.
                        If that is where the stuff went, fair enough. I just don't like games being played at a supposed "unreserved" auction.

Comment

Just curious, what happens if the border is right shut down ? Hauling auction items be a priority ?
                          Could be , just curious is all .
                          Long way to haul equipment with no hotels open, restaurants, bathroom stops , Ext
                          Maybe it no big deal , I don’t really know .

Comment

If that is where the stuff went, fair enough. I just don't like games being played at a supposed "unreserved" auction.
                            Agree 100%.
                            Absolutely have to wonder once in a while. Largest industrial auction co in the world. It would be so easy.
                            Either way theyre very good at what they do. For themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Just curious, what happens if the border is right shut down ? Hauling auction items be a priority ?
                              Could be , just curious is all .
                              Long way to haul equipment with no hotels open, restaurants, bathroom stops , Ext
                              Maybe it no big deal , I don’t really know .
                              It might be easier trucking something that far with less traffic on the road. Really makes a guy wonder when a guy in Texas is buying an old concord seeder.

Comment

According to some the land sold weaker than where it has been recently. Don't know the area that well but do know of a sale at $3000 US (3950 Cdn actual price paid) per acre a bit further east of there. Yesterday's sale averaged $2167 US indicating a significant decline. The weak loon actually masking the decline once again. Also surprised the land was broken up to two different buyers as well including one from AB with a one quarter purchase. He will try to flip that quickly unless has other land in area.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...