• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts ??

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-24/countries-are-starting-to-hoard-food-threatening-global-trade

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-24/countries-are-starting-to-hoard-food-threatening-global-trade
    Couldnt read the article cause I'm too cheap to pay, but get the idea. Should be good for Canada as a food exporter short term just like it is for the toilet paper companies. Long term do those countries go through a period of lower purchases while using up stocks, or do they spoil and just get removed from the equation forever?

I know there will be people giving their children toilet paper as house warming gifts as they move out for years to come!

Comment

Fantastic. Might be shaping up to be a good year for North American food producers. Well those that survive the virus and bankruptcy at least. Sucks to be the 3rd world - virus doesn't get them, the food riots will.

Comment

About a week after the crop insurance deadline for seeding, the board will come back to life. Garnishing our wages for the greater good. It won't be just wheat and malt, it'll be everything, maybe even beef and pork. Don't be naive enough to think they won't try it at the least and more likely ram it down our throats. It's a risk. Democracy died a couple weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
          Couldnt read the article cause I'm too cheap to pay, but get the idea. Should be good for Canada as a food exporter short term just like it is for the toilet paper companies. Long term do those countries go through a period of lower purchases while using up stocks, or do they spoil and just get removed from the equation forever?

I know there will be people giving their children toilet paper as house warming gifts as they move out for years to come!
          I suspect that just in time delivery is getting a rethink, and it will take years to forget, I doubt the stocks will get used up as soon as the scare is over, at least at the federal and commercial level. They have seen the financial risks to their supply chains( and their electability/ chances for overthrow), and will adjust accordingly. Likely that most consumers won't be able to afford to keep their hoards of toilet paper, and pay all the other bills, so may use up the reserves to free up grocery money to pay other bills.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
            About a week after the crop insurance deadline for seeding, the board will come back to life. Garnishing our wages for the greater good. It won't be just wheat and malt, it'll be everything, maybe even beef and pork. Don't be naive enough to think they won't try it at the least and more likely ram it down our throats. It's a risk. Democracy died a couple weeks ago
            Sounds like a horror movie from days gone by .... oh ya it was. Hopefully that never happens again

Comment

Just wondering, maybe it’s because of the viral seclusion, but do any of you remember the October Crisis during Pierre Elliot’s reign? I remember it like yesterday. The eerie feeling of pulling up to the residence at the U of S and being followed in by the cops, making sure we got in before curfew at 7 PM. And all we wanted to do was get to the party. Funny thing, another Trudeau, another crisis. Just saying.

Comment

And it's a slam dunk

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.