• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowstone

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Most urban types wouldn’t have a clue.

I tried watching it, but my wife and I quit as soon as that extremely fake calving occurred. The whole scene was blasphemy! We just couldn’t take it. If that is the best they can do, it is not worthy of our time.

Lol so we “changed the channel”. We don’t have to stare at things that tick us off. Some on here ought to try that sometime! Lol
    You’re fairly safe. The amount of times they actually have anything about cows is pretty rare. Apparently ranches want reigning horses more than cattle work.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B6B6A7DA-6F43-4553-80D3-102C35222876.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	772115

I love the show yes it’s a little off but really it’s not about the cows.

Comment

And the scenery ......
        Montana sure is nice

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Most urban types wouldn’t have a clue.

I tried watching it, but my wife and I quit as soon as that extremely fake calving occurred. The whole scene was blasphemy! We just couldn’t take it. If that is the best they can do, it is not worthy of our time.

Lol so we “changed the channel”. We don’t have to stare at things that tick us off. Some on here ought to try that sometime! Lol
          Exactly what happened at our home. Have never understood why obviously fake representations seem to be almost mandatory in movies and tv shows. The fact that many directors lack interest in authenticity shows disrespect for the real world and real people. Dr Pole is popular here because of authenticity.

Comment

It is fiction, like most movies, not a documentary

Comment

It’s a TV show, don’t like it go watch the price is right then

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                And the scenery ......
                Montana sure is nice
                Yellowstone is in Wyoming, but maybe nothing to do with the park? Haven’t seen the show.

Comment

Total fantasy. Does not exist anywhere. The Yellowstone ranch has more combat kills than any seal team.
                  I realy enjoy it.
                  Missed the first two seasons but got them on Amazon.
                  Most of the ranches on the western slope of the Rockies or owned by millionaire progessives and this kind of rubs it in thier faces. You can't outbid them by running cattle. Thus the reigning horses and the wedding.
                  They do as much reality as can be expected.
                  Better than most other shit availlable today and unusual with what you expect to see today.

Comment

Yeah the calving was far fetched. Livestock officers having shootouts too. All the fantasy aside I like the storylines going on. I really think Sheridan based a lot of the Dutton family off of Jim Leachman. Look him up. So many parallels it isn’t even funny. Nobody are without faults and have their agendas and shifting alliances. It’s gritty. Some hate the foul language smut and killing. I get it but you don’t have to watch. If you want to watch something about ranching in Montana which is a bit more realistic, America’s Last Cowboy is decent and portrays ranching quite well on tv.

Comment

In real life the one old cow hand is a real cowboy.But the way they raise their purebred heard is far from reality.In real life the ranch area would have more of a feedlot look.not a Bonanza ranch look.

Comment

Just watch Clarkson’s Farm. As realistic as farming on TV is probably ever going to get, and highly amusing to boot.

No shootouts that I’ve seen though. Yet.

Comment

Yellowstone the new “Dallas” in Montana !

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                            It is fiction, like most movies, not a documentary
                            yes fiction, like mainstream news

Comment

A trucker friend took this picture in Texas....

Click image for larger version

Name:	dutton.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	772116

Comment

Heartland is scenic in AB, is that accurate? lots of horse play, not a lot of WORK either. Most tv is about relationships and ACTION. Rarely anyone get dirty...Violence and SEX sells. Crazy amount of movies/series on Prime and Netflix...chose.

Tried Clarkson's, wife says we FARM everyday, 365, enough!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.