• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why???????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why???????

Why are farmers in Canada given the opportunity for more loans?

While farmers in the USA given an MFP payment?

Why are farmers given the opportunity of more loans while the average employee given direct payments within 10 days?

Why is a 5 billion dollar injection into FCC is a good thing when it was an election promise of the liberals?

I am pissed at the way the conservatives represent us.

An even bigger why, why just FCC?

Comment

And more importantly why can't unemployed Canadians fill the jobs of the temporary foreign workers the liberal government has put so much effort into....while ignoring western Canadian farmers going on 6 years now....

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
        An even bigger why, why just FCC?
        I was wondering that too...but I think because they had it in the election promises ...this had already been accounted for and farm reps are stupid and wouldn't notice...

And judging by their response they haven't. ...

Comment

Don't think the MFP payment has anything to do with or is based on CV19 they would be getting it regardless.

How has CV19 affected farmers to this point? Most harvested grain has been sold or at least priced and if not the opportunity was there before CV19. I understand the Price of grain has been on the rise because of CV19.

I talked to farmers that said CV19 hasn't hurt them a bit it is still business as usual and to help the small businesses and employees that are really in need so they will be there when this is all over.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            And more importantly why can't unemployed Canadians fill the jobs of the temporary foreign workers the liberal government has put so much effort into....while ignoring western Canadian farmers going on 6 years now....
            According to one orchard owner, it's a matter of not having the skills necessary to do the job.

He said that his repeat TFWs do not need any instruction or supervision to do the pruning, etc., that the job consists of. Said he doesn't need to tell them which branch to cut and where to cut, etc.

It would seem prudent to require a certain percentage of local workers to be included, if they are "inclined" to that work. But the learning curve might be pretty steep and come at significant expense to the owner, if they don't do it right.

A tender fruit producer might shudder as much at the thought of turning unskilled workers into his orchard and you or I would at putting them on a half-million dollar piece of farm equipment.

I mean, it's a full section of wheat, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
              According to one orchard owner, it's a matter of not having the skills necessary to do the job.

He said that his repeat TFWs do not need any instruction or supervision to do the pruning, etc., that the job consists of. Said he doesn't need to tell them which branch to cut and where to cut, etc.

It would seem prudent to require a certain percentage of local workers to be included, if they are "inclined" to that work. But the learning curve might be pretty steep and come at significant expense to the owner, if they don't do it right.

A tender fruit producer might shudder as much at the thought of turning unskilled workers into his orchard and you or I would at putting them on a half-million dollar piece of farm equipment.

I mean, it's a full section of wheat, what could possibly go wrong?
              Everyone has to learn at some time. You cant expect someone else to take all the risk and expense all the time, training employes for you. Or heaven forbid do your own work.

Comment

The very people that look down on farmers all the time sure have risen to the challenge that they thought they were above....

Amazing how quick when shit hits the fan the bailout came for people with overpriced homes. ...

Can't let the market figure it out now can we...

What happened to market that we are forced to live within's an excuse as to why we don't have adhoc payments....I guess others don't have that issue...

Call me ignorant but shareholders are not on the hook for westjet or air Canada are they?...

And the airlines had no part in spreading the virus?....

We are sitting with more loans while the general population are getting direct payments...

And yes ....I am bitter...because farm reps are stupid for not asking for more...they are silent when they had the opportunity to get things straightened out for farmers as far as proper programs...

Comment

Some days it smells like a piss barn around here.

Comment

Go to this tweet and count how many times of the 321 replies farmers are mentioned. Still wondering where the problem is to all your why the farmer doesn't get xxxxx questions? No one even knows we exist.

https://twitter.com/CTV/status/1242880138745982976 https://twitter.com/CTV/status/1242880138745982976

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.