• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some perspective on Italian death rate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some perspective on Italian death rate

I heard an unsubstantiated rumour that Italy's total deaths were actually down in spite of the Covid 19 disaster, which seemed hard to believe.
    Found this site: https://countrymeters.info/en/Italy https://countrymeters.info/en/Italy Providing (supposedly)real time deaths for 2020 so far, live. Also includes total figures for all of 2019.

85 days(it is evening in Italy time, 85th day almost over, leap year included) into 2020, their total deaths are up to 134020 ( and counting, increased by 12 since I checked a few minutes ago).
    Total deaths in 2019 were 579244

on day 85, total deaths should be 134524, 500 more than what the up to date statistics indicate. So if there are ~6000 excess deaths due to Coronavirus, why is their total death rate down slightly. Even if the data is a day or 2 behind, at 1500 deaths average deaths per day, that still doesn't account for the drop.

Perhaps with all the Ducati bikes, and Mazeratti cars safely parked with their owners in quarantine, the death rate is dropping? Or were these all people who were about to die anyways from other natural causes?

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    I heard an unsubstantiated rumour that Italy's total deaths were actually down in spite of the Covid 19 disaster, which seemed hard to believe.
    Found this site: https://countrymeters.info/en/Italy https://countrymeters.info/en/Italy Providing (supposedly)real time deaths for 2020 so far, live. Also includes total figures for all of 2019.

85 days(it is evening in Italy time, 85th day almost over, leap year included) into 2020, their total deaths are up to 134020 ( and counting, increased by 12 since I checked a few minutes ago).
    Total deaths in 2019 were 579244

on day 85, total deaths should be 134524, 500 more than what the up to date statistics indicate. So if there are ~6000 excess deaths due to Coronavirus, why is their total death rate down slightly. Even if the data is a day or 2 behind, at 1500 deaths average deaths per day, that still doesn't account for the drop.

Perhaps with all the Ducati bikes, and Mazeratti cars safely parked with their owners in quarantine, the death rate is dropping? Or were these all people who were about to die anyways from other natural causes?
    Reduced activity and taking extra care is likely the prime reason. Also, every one is fixated by the whole disaster. Kind of like the time leading up to important events has a lower amount of the population dying then afterwards.
    That might be offset by the number who are not able to stay calm and collected.

Comment

Only 11 deaths in Italy are caused by the corona virus for sure all the rest had other underlying factors. Our media is definitely excurating the problem. There is something else at play here, just like Trudeau trying to siege all the power here in Canada. Democracy is at stake here. Look what is happening in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
        Only 11 deaths in Italy are caused by the corona virus for sure all the rest had other underlying factors. Our media is definitely excurating the problem. There is something else at play here, just like Trudeau trying to siege all the power here in Canada. Democracy is at stake here. Look what is happening in Europe.
        A guy with high blood pressure was standing beside a trench. A malevolent fellow came up behind him and shoved him down into the trench. The poor man with high blood pressure died trying to get out. Who or what was responsible for his death?

Comment

Desperate men use desperate means.

Comment

Numbers alone have no context.

Roughly 1700 people per day die in Italy every year. For the US its just under 8,000 per day. We're so far removed from death now that most of the time we have the luxury of pretending it doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
              Numbers alone have no context.

Roughly 1700 people per day die in Italy every year. For the US its just under 8,000 per day. We're so far removed from death now that most of the time we have the luxury of pretending it doesn't happen.
              I think the biggest reason for that is we have good medical systems. When someone dies, the medical system is known to have done their best, and they die. The "machine output" is tuned to the "input numbers" and limits based on medical knowledge and limits. For 20 years i saw this, people dying because we ran out of knowledge.

So every Doctor in every country is worried about the same thing - the input exceeding throughput capacity and people, treatable people, needlessly dying, Doctors deciding who lives and who dies - because they don't have the medical supplies or staff to treat the treatable. Shouldn't we as a society see that more important then anything?

Perhaps to look at death percentages is completely the wrong way to look at this. But rather, what is our limit for compassion as decent caring human beings vs money. Yes money is important, the balance is difficult. If we ALL could stay home for 2 weeks, the virus would be over. just like that.

We only need to see what is going on in new york, worked there for 3 months installing a huge ICU, that this isn't all just about death numbers or percentages as the media pumps out over and over, but the fact that they have 3000 intensive beds, but need 30,000.

Comment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-26/how-coronavirus-spread-across-the-united-states/12088076 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-26/how-coronavirus-spread-across-the-united-states/12088076

Comment

I agree Tubs. There’s more going on than this virus. That moron in Ottawa wants more power for a reason. There’s something they ain’t telling us and that’s more scary than this social distancing thing. Sounds like a paranoid deluded idiot but I just don’t trust those phuckin donkeys running our country.

Comment

One thing they aren’t telling us is 1 ICU respirator for 500 people is needed but Saskatchewan will be lucky to have 1 respirator per 2500 people, we really need to flatten that curve.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                      I agree Tubs. There’s more going on than this virus. That moron in Ottawa wants more power for a reason. There’s something they ain’t telling us and that’s more scary than this social distancing thing. Sounds like a paranoid deluded idiot but I just don’t trust those phuckin donkeys running our country.
                      Donkeys? Try devil incarnate, f*cking Turdo 1 was called the anti-Christ I remember...

Comment

Hmmmmm, Gates runs a pandemic simulation using a corona virus. Rockefellers put out a report in 2012 talking about a pandemic with lockdown pg 18. Govts trying to get war measures powers.

Nah its nothing. Just the flu.

http://www.nommeraadio.ee/meedia/pdf/RRS/Rockefeller%20Foundation.pdf Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                          One thing they aren’t telling us is 1 ICU respirator for 500 people is needed but Saskatchewan will be lucky to have 1 respirator per 2500 people, we really need to flatten that curve.
                          Our local health unit put out a statement at the beginning of this whole deal that there were 5 ventilators to look after a population of about 20,000. So if 1% end up needing ventilators here, they can start stacking the bodies like cord wood.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.