• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

temporary foreign workers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

temporary foreign workers

What is your feelings on TFWs over 1,000,000 new ei claims and farmers still whining they need tfw,and nannys . I think its about time we looked after all Canadians instead of those few with the money ,if your operation wont fly without cheap foreign labor mabey it should fail.
    The gov is exempting those coming into the country mostly on the premise of producing food ,very little is skilled labour I think we can supply enough help without the TFW program.

Originally posted by Horse View Post
    What is your feelings on TFWs over 1,000,000 new ei claims and farmers still whining they need tfw,and nannys . I think its about time we looked after all Canadians instead of those few with the money ,if your operation wont fly without cheap foreign labor mabey it should fail.
    The gov is exempting those coming into the country mostly on the premise of producing food ,very little is skilled labour I think we can supply enough help without the TFW program.
    Yup....lots of unemployed workers and students...to fill the jobs. ..

Why have "ag more than ever" if no one wants to reconnect with agriculture

Comment

Horse has a nanny must be nice

Comment

Wonder if those million jobs Trudeau brags about will still be there...

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
          Horse has a nanny must be nice
          ??????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Wonder if those million jobs Trudeau brags about will still be there...
            Dont see where anyone is bragging only stating that there has been that many application for EI if we can train foreign workers we could probably train locals,and more of the wages would stay at home,and if you cant survive without screwing some mexican or philipino mabey you should quit what ever you are doing.

Comment

Philipinos are good workers, just saying. Think EI recipients would take a page out of that book?
              Last edited by sumdumguy; Mar 25, 2020, 11:45.

Comment

How long until the Mennonite community in southern Alberta has the whole area in a shutdown quarantine? Already a case there.

Iceman

Comment

How many people do you employ,Horse. You seem to have a problem with anyone making less than $20 or more than $25. You should go to Cuba, you would probably love it there. Do take your own food tho, their system is starving their people.

Comment

Many I couldn’t hire due to :
                    - must be personable
                    - ability to drive, class 1A
                    - lack of respect
                    - willingness to work extended hours
                    - ability to operate technologies in modern equipment

Etc., 😊

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                      How many people do you employ,Horse. You seem to have a problem with anyone making less than $20 or more than $25. You should go to Cuba, you would probably love it there. Do take your own food tho, their system is starving their people.
                      Right out of the blue, is this how you get your exercise by jumping to conclusions.
                      No I dont employ anyone I do my own work,but when I need help I like to hire someone who I can converse with that dosent have a language barrier.
                      So now Im a racist right

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                        Dont see where anyone is bragging only stating that there has been that many application for EI if we can train foreign workers we could probably train locals,and more of the wages would stay at home,and if you cant survive without screwing some mexican or philipino mabey you should quit what ever you are doing.
                        Hahaha.

Workers, who actually do physical work, are still working.

The people laid off are paper pushers, salesmen and burger flippers. Good ****ing luck getting them to work on farms for minimum wage.

And I have no skin in the game on either side, so I give shit less what happens to either. Ban the diseased TFW's coming in. Let the farms fail because they rely on cheap immigrant labor. Just pointing out reality of Canuckistani workers to you.

And now, government just told everybody they don't have to worry about money for at least 4 months. If I can get $2000 a month to sit on my ass, why the hell work?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.