• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask budget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask budget

https://m.farms.com/ag-industry-news/ag-spending-reduced-in-sask-budget-649.aspx

Less farmers enrolling in BRM. If that doesn’t shout-out that there is a problem with their programs.

They took time to Give themselves a raise BUT didn’t Order any Hospital Supplies till We had Our first Coronavirus patient.
    That Sandy hole their heads were stuck in must have been Comforting

Comment

Well if I was the president of Saskatchewan I'd designate only one hospital for Covid 19. Prefurably the one by the agrabition grounds. Lots of space in the barns for expansion.
      Last edited by 6V53; Mar 24, 2020, 13:19.

Comment

That sounds like a good plan. Prairie Land park can’t be used for the public at this time, using it for corona virus patients makes sense.
        Last edited by Sodbuster; Mar 24, 2020, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
          https://m.farms.com/ag-industry-news/ag-spending-reduced-in-sask-budget-649.aspx

Less farmers enrolling in BRM. If that doesn’t shout-out that there is a problem with their programs.
          Bobo's response will be something like this.. "declining enrollment in BRM's is evidence that western farmers no longer require such federal insurance programs...." blah blah blah (en francais).

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Heard Manitoba reduced their pst by 1 %
            maybe these money hungry bas-tards will do the same in Sask .? yea , right ?

Comment

would be nice to follow these
              Chrysters to the end of the line to the brown bags of cash on the irrigation file ??
              i mean , really , Sask party , have you no shame ??

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                would be nice to follow these
                Chrysters to the end of the line to the brown bags of cash on the irrigation file ??
                i mean , really , Sask party , have you no shame ??
                My limiting resource 95% of the time is water. Bring me irrigation too.

Comment

Or instead of developing infrastructure here, build a pipeline and export the water, drain lake diefenbaker and send it south at the lowest possible cost?
                  Worse yet, let it flow into the ocean so no one can benefit.

Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                    Or instead of developing infrastructure here, build a pipeline and export the water, drain lake diefenbaker and send it south at the lowest possible cost?
                    Worse yet, let it flow into the ocean so no one can benefit.

Brilliant
                    There are very few farmers that can actually afford irrigation. ...the ones that can't still grow dryland crops under a pivot....that isn't the point of irrigation....it's to grow higher value crops....most don't. ..

Here is an idea about irrigation....

The recently announced 5 million to study another couple mega projects for about 150000 acres...

The studies are done...in 2008 ....dust them off ....canvass the landowners that will benefit...

Take 5 million dollars divide by 150000 acres....it equals $33.33...yup it does...

Now go ask the land owners if they will write a cheque for $33 an acre for the study....if they can't write that cheque ....they can't afford the pivot or infrastructure nor do they want the extra work...or grow the higher value crops. ...they will need government support...forever...

And if 45 farmers that want irrigation need a million dollar a quarter support. ...

I would hazard a guess 45000 dryland farmer could use a few bucks as well...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...