• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

natural gas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

natural gas

Just wondering what your gas bill consists of. We are a co-op and the monthly min is $38 .%2.50 cost of gas but then add $2.50/ gj on top of gas cost.
    In the 80s when I was a board member and interest was 22% we were close to 1 mil in debt the min was $12 and gas was just a flow through, we were just under 3000 members, now over 6000,dont realy understand where the money goes.
    One would think it is now run like a private business,all for profit.

Does your coop have a defined benefit pension plan?

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      Does your coop have a defined benefit pension plan?
      Not sure what they have now but had a fairly lucrative pension when i was on board but thats 25 yr ago now, My how time passes !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
        Not sure what they have now but had a fairly lucrative pension when i was on board but thats 25 yr ago now, My how time passes !!!!
        And faster every year !

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
          There's your answer and will be the death of coops everywhere. The defined benefit pension plan will still be around. That is why we are voting to sell our REA to ATCO while they are still interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
            There's your answer and will be the death of coops everywhere. The defined benefit pension plan will still be around. That is why we are voting to sell our REA to ATCO while they are still interested.
            I am not sure what the pension,or wages are with our rea as when I was on that board Trans Alta was doing all our work and screwing us to the floor,with deregulatoin we went on our own with another REA and hired Vallard construction to do our work,now we have amalgamated with 6 other REAs and are now Wildrose REA with our own crews. I am no longer on the board but our costs are rising and I suspect wages and regulations are at blame.

Comment

I dont know your REA but I think you will find ATCO is not your friend.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.