• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why???????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why???????

Wasn't the liberal government talking to the hereditary chiefs long before this.....

Since it was Trudeau's most important relationship to fix since 2016?

Can anyone explain this....throw in something about climate change as well...sarcasm.

This shitshow highlights liberal incompetence with inexperienced ministers....led by an idiot. ....
    Last edited by bucket; Feb 14, 2020, 16:51.

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Wasn't the liberal government talking to the hereditary chiefs long before this.....

Since it was Trudeau's most important relationship to fix since 2016?

Can anyone explain this....throw in something about climate change as well...sarcasm.
    They did...

They had 8 of 15 on board, as well as 100% of the elected councils.

If we need unanimous consent for every project, then theres no point in deluding ourselves. Just shut it all down. Unanimous consent translates to nothing less than extortion!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      They did...

If we need unanimous consent for every project, then theres no point in deluding ourselves. Just shut it all down. Unanimous consent translates to nothing less than extortion!
      It's a veto by the minority....why have elected chiefs or a majority of hereditary chiefs? If a few can dictate it after the fact.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        It's a veto by the minority....why have elected chiefs or a majority of hereditary chiefs? If a few can dictate it after the fact.....
        Why should this be any different than the LGBTQ,or the churches or the immigrants, they all get far above what they deserve by their numbers . If a democracy is majority rules where is our democracy??
        The gov screwed up many yrs ago ,they managed to starve the plains and northern tribes into submission but those on the west coast had fish and told the white man no to their treaty,so they still own the rights to say no.
        I dont think too many of you would like it if the gov just decided to take your land,or the graincos backed out on contracts,
        It is assumed its for the good of the country but its for those working on and in the resource sector. Do you know the moneys paid to some of those workers,and the profits to construction cos. What is being paid for easements and damages where the pipeline goes.
        How many fat english and french are still living on royalties from land and resources granted to them by the crown,That never paid for anything,just claimed it as their own.
        I know most will disagree but I still have a right to my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          They did...

According to the Indians protesting, elected councils are just puppets of the Invaders, so their opinion does not matter. Just relaying what has been said on TV and playing the Devil's advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
            I know most will disagree but I still have a right to my opinion.
            The settlers and pioneers of the time had little to do with govt policy. They were told there was available land in a new country and that's about it. They had no say in treaties or negotiations with Indians. Everyone who was involved at that time including the natives of the time are long dead.

There is a ton of land in this country and there is certainly no reason why reserves cant be tripled in size and given municipal type governance and remove the govt from the equation. I am all for that. Trudeau flushed $125B down a hole. I am sure that the people would have supported using that money for a land settlement.

But giving back all the land with 38M people on it is impossible now and its only going to get worse as they become a smaller chunk of the population. So is blind consulting or giving people a veto who have no concept of democracy, nor is having a country within a country. That's a recipe for break up.

Comment

Last time I checked the Crown rules.

Comment

Trudeau appointed a Liberal female RCMP commissioner because it was 2016.

How is she doing?

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                  Last time I checked the Crown rules.
                  That is what the Invaders said in the beginning.

I think the Indian response at the time was, "Well then prepare for some scalpin'".

In all seriousness, I will be greatly amused if they try to do anything with the protests on the Mohawk land.

Rail line goes through Reserves here and nothing happens without the ok of the Band and OPP don't step foot period, Treaty cops only. I know if a murder occurs on the reserve, OPP has to be requested by Band and Treaty cops in order to gain access and even then they go in heavily armed. No shortage of people in the reserves who would be keen to pop off an 'Invader'.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    Trudeau appointed a Liberal female RCMP commissioner because it was 2016.

How is she doing?
                    Gay female ,in imho not that well.

Comment

If bank robbers could unionize and work in groups of 15 or 20, set up a blockade with a fiery burning barrel outside a bank, then rob the bank, come out and pick up their placards that said, WE WANT A SAFER WORK PLACE.

But the big question is how much should the police fine them for restricting movement of the bank employees.

Liberal policy taken to the extreme, just becomes silly.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                        That is what the Invaders said in the beginning..
                        This is such a stupid statement. If my ancestors were "invaders" then what are today's Somalis, Syrians, Indonesians, etc etc?

This country was settled by immigrants. Some of them walked over the Bering land bridge and some arrived by boat on the east coast. A few senile old men are holding my country hostage. It has nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with arrogant privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                          This is such a stupid statement. If my ancestors were "invaders" then what are today's Somalis, Syrians, Indonesians, etc etc.

According to the Indians, if you aren't Indian, you are an invader. It's great that people finally see the light. Seems to be a lot of people, of all ages, that bought the bullshit of treaties and peace in grade school history class. The buck keeps being passed down the line and it is far overdue to address this once and for all. But I doubt it will and the Indians will shut down country from now on whenever they please.

Probably a good thing Conservatives aren't in power for this. They have pretty much lost their cool and Scheer proved yesterday we would already have a civil war with his check your privilege comment - he really needs to quit drinking in the middle of the day. Although I fully support him to enter the Mohawk land and tell them that face-to-face. The Conservative backbencher MP on Power Play yesterday completely lost his mind (and mouth) and I am sure there are a few Indians who would like to mount his scalp on their wall.

Might need to prepare for a NDP minority next time. Because the other two parties just cooked their Indian vote and haven't offered any solutions to problem for the rest of the white man country to inspire confidence in them. I certainly wouldn't doubt my area going NDP next time over this, with our huge Indian population.

Comment

According to the Indians, if you aren't Indian, you are an invader. It's great that people finally see the light. Seems to be a lot of people, of all ages, that bought the bullshit of treaties and peace in grade school history class. The buck keeps being passed down the line and it is far overdue to address this once and for all. But I doubt it will and the Indians will shut down country from now on whenever they please.

Probably a good thing Conservatives aren't in power for this. They have pretty much lost their cool and Scheer proved yesterday we would already have a civil war with his check your privilege comment - he really needs to quit drinking in the middle of the day. Although I fully support him to enter the Mohawk land and tell them that face-to-face. The Conservative backbencher MP on Power Play yesterday completely lost his mind (and mouth) and I am sure there are a few Indians who would like to mount his scalp on their wall.

Might need to prepare for a NDP minority next time. Because the other two parties just cooked their Indian vote and haven't offered any solutions to problem for the rest of the white man country to inspire confidence in them. I certainly wouldn't doubt my area going NDP next time over this, with our huge Indian population.
                            As usual ...the sound bite was bad for Scheer....when I listened to the whole thing I don't think he was trying to upset the Indigenous people...I think he was pointing out the paid protesters that are blocking the average guys commute or industry's ability to keep its business moving are the ones that should check their privilege...

Which I agree with....This whole mess is a highlight of this Liberal government incompetence ...

Trudeau has said since day one that Harper never got a pipeline built....Trudeau is at year 5 and done nothing but made it worse...

Comment

Scheer is on the way out so he can have a day of rage. I think all of Canada is having one after this, but the native vote wont move the dial. They are only 5% of the population, very spread out and diluted effect and have a very low turnout rate. Many are encouraged to shun Canadian democracy.

Yes I would agree CPC is probably glad they are not in power during this powder keg. Trouble is if it gets away on Justin, there wont be anyone able to put a cork on the bottle. Once you empower a group and then tolerate their uprising further, that will only embolden them further.

Unless that's part of the plan? Anyway maybe Canada cracks from it all, or it emerges stronger. I doubt that happens because our national identity has been shattered. We are 5 countries, not one and our common reason to work together is gone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.