• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stick a fork in it. Lake time **** it this one is over zero rain in July!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick a fork in it. Lake time **** it this one is over zero rain in July!

The dirty rotten bitch couldn't give us one fracking drop of rain in July. You get to a point in farming that maybe it's time to say F&&k it gone fishing.

You start every spring With hope and dreams then like most years in the 2000's their is a day you realize it's another f$&King wreck.

Last year may long with two hail storms that flooded canola and wheat on 2000 acres.

The year before with excess rain that's flooded most of the farm. The flood years, hail that got 21 quarters etc etc.

Now this year never ever since I started farming have we not got one rain in July. Well we have a week left and all the forcasters has is f$&King wind and heat.

So hope is done today, I know the plants can't make it to give a average any more it's wind and heat.

Fork stuck in Crop 17 July 24 th 2017.

I bet you still get a better crop than 75% of members here on agriville. You have the best land, top notch new equipment, cabin at the lake, condo in Hawaii etc etc etc. I think you'll pull through somehow.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	765867

They still are hanging on but reality is you can't grow a crop with no rain. 5 miles away it's raining. Started with for for us by time it hit melville it was rain.

Never been skunked for rain in July. Not even in 1962. Maybe the 30s but I wasn't born yet.

Comment

I'll trade you crops this year SF3.... all my acres for the same amount of your worst acres.

Comment

Canola even around home is short this year. I'm used to chest high... Do want matter who... One neighbour who is an amazing producer... Excellent crops all the time canola done flowering posding and you go wtf happened.

Wheat heads shorter than normal. Way shorter.

Drove from stoon to Aberdeen over to Vonda and Prudhomme. Holy. Drouvht is a new experience for me.

Canola done flowering turning silver. Wheat turning a weird red color. Barley fields turning white.

A half of fababeans fell over. Literally fell over.

The dairies around Martensville... Corn is burning up and turning yellow

Around Leroy here hilltops are burning up.

Small areas are too wet where te storms keep hitting and around it too dry.

Comment

Peas should have been 4' tall instead of 3' tall? We all have our farming challenges. BTW, July isn't over yet.

Drama queen.

Comment

Only six and a half more years of drought for you sk3, something to look forward to.

Comment

I haven't been on this site for sometime and I can see nothing has changed!! Actually it has, the whining baby has grown into a bigger whining baby. You should be ashamed of yourself SF3.
                "It's only a crop" blah blah blah!! Sorry man I don't feel sorry for you and no one else does either. I would hate to see what you would post if you just had 6.5 tenths all year like I've had. Yes I'm disappointed in what's transpired this year but We were due for something like this.
                Sure, I didn't think we would go from 16 inches to basically nothing but that's the way it is.
                You wanted a drought and you got it buddy. Suck it up butter cup!! Maybe you will have to cut one of your holiday spots out, but I doubt it.
                Take a tour south and west of Regina and you will give thanks to what you have. We all want monster crops and big prices, but we have to be thankful for what's given to us.

Comment

Good to hear from you bigzee. Sorry to hear about the dismal rain totals.... I am grateful for what's on my farm. The Apprentice and I took a tour at the end of last week and there is some pretty lean crops south of us to Weyburn, across to Radville across to Assiniboia and north to MooseJaw. It won't be "good" here but it's something! All I ask for is we don't lose any money on this crop.

Comment

Oh hallelujah!

Give me a break.

Just stating a fact you can't grow a crop with no rain in July. Am I not correct.

It's not about holidays you NDP hacks it's about rain and you can't grow a crop with zero rain in July.

Never have we missed rain in July. Never.

I know yields will be down.

Funny thing even areas with decent rain the crops aren't that stellar.

Oh canola just at Cabadge in the north and wheat heading, yea that's going to add yield.

Comment

Funny and sad how the biggest whiners are the ones that have a bit less crop once in 50 years. You'd fit right in the red river valley Saskfarmer3.

Comment

That'sthe one place I wish my great grandfather would of stopped walking and settled as he moved north

Comment

This weather pattern in the 30's had many farmers moving up here to farm. Rain rarely misses the NE corner. Been TOO wet since 2010. BIG water still BIG, check Quill Lake levels. But it is always COLDER, freezes sooner, and harvest is always later, just can't have it perfect. Kelvington at 8.6" rainfall, highest in the province, isolated spots more than that. Drown outs on 10%.
                          Sorry to hear of the crop losses. But our determining crop factor will be frost date.
                          Last edited by fjlip; Jul 24, 2017, 09:29.

Comment

Stick a fork in it

Hi I'm new new here..so hope I do thing right...I'm not one for chatting much but will try some times...any ways.. my wif e and I went for a drive on Sunday down to big beaver then through big muddy or to lake alma...those boys are dry...lots of thin and ungerminated crops..some not to bad...pastures brown. ...I've had 1.65" rain so far this year and my crop looks good come paired to theirs and the ones I've seen posted on here look real good...I came through the 80's and am not surprised at this weather at all...its back to what I know of sask....I think some young guys think I'm nuts when I tell then what things can be like but they will find out...this is nothing yet....try 8-10 years of this with the odd good year in between..had a friend rent some pasture here in the 80's and his comment to me was doesn't it ever rain here...hope I haven't offended to many people

Comment

The early seeded crop has hung on surprisingly well. Tight clay subsoil that was full last fall has helped a lot. The late crop got hit hard before it grew roots and won't be very good. One thing I know for sure, if next year is below average for rain the result will be far different. Nutrients used up, reserve soil moisture gone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.