• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antarctic Ice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Since you are putting words in my mouth, where did I say climate change isn't happening in western Canada? When did I say it was cooling?

I am currently a net beneficiary of the warming trend we have been in for this cycle.

Based on historical records we are now almost back to being as warm as it was during the 30's in my area.

I am now almost back to growing the types of longer season crops the old timers were growing back then, before decades of cooling made even barley and oats a questionable proposition by the late 70's.

That doesn't change the cyclical nature of climate.

I will be immensly pleased if the cycles don't repeat and we haven't already entered the next multi decade cooling phase. But I'm not holding my breathe, my business and profitability depend on getting this right.
    I thought you said let the climate scientists do their work? Which climate scientists and their organizations are saying that there is a cooling trend coming?

So your specific benefits of a warming climate are more important than all the harm that will occur to the majority others on a global scale? So that's why you think warming is fine? That explains alot.

Comment

Did you read the thread title?
      Do you now think that Greenland is in Antarctica?
      Even in the same hemisphere?
      Does this information somehow prove that NASA is wrong, and Antarctica isn't GAINING ice mass?
      Leave the ice mass calculations to NASA and the geo scientists. You don't trusts scientist anyway. It's a commie conspiracy!

So now it's not allowed to discuss ice sheet losses in other parts of the world besides the antarctic? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        I thought you said let the climate scientists do their work? Which climate scientists and their organizations are saying that there is a cooling trend coming?

So your specific benefits of a warming climate are more important than all the harm that will occur to the majority others on a global scale? So that's why you think warming is fine? That explains alot.
        We have been through this before, please find specific current examples of net detrimental effects from warming.
        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 2, 2021, 08:56.

Comment

Leave the ice mass calculations to NASA and the geo scientists. You don't trusts scientist anyway. It's a commie conspiracy!
          I did, I left the calculations up to NASA, and they confirmed that Antarctica is gaining ice mass, completely contradicting your propaganda.
          So who has the commie conspiracy?

Comment

Don't run and hide A5. Which climate scientists and their organizations are saying that there is a cooling trend coming? C'mon their A5 you brought it up!

The NASA link covers a lot of the negative impacts of climate change.

Comment

I did, I left the calculations up to NASA, and they confirmed that Antarctica is gaining ice mass, completely contradicting your propaganda.
              So who has the commie conspiracy?
              "Research based on observations from the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) satellites (2002-2017) and GRACE Follow-On (since 2018 - ) indicates that between 2002 and 2020, Antarctica shed approximately 150 gigatons of ice per year,"

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/31158 https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/31158

This from March, 2021. Read it again bud!

Comment

"Research based on observations from the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) satellites (2002-2017) and GRACE Follow-On (since 2018 - ) indicates that between 2002 and 2020, Antarctica shed approximately 150 gigatons of ice per year,"

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/31158 https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/31158

This from March, 2021. Read it again bud!
                So now you are saying that the climate scientists at NASA are wrong?

I thought you said the science is settled?

Are you sure you are helping your cause by contradicting yourself and the actual scientists at every step?

Comment

So now you are saying that the climate scientists at NASA are wrong?

I thought you said the science is settled?

Are you sure you are helping your cause by contradicting yourself and the actual scientists at every step?
                  "Antarctica shed approximately 150 gigatons of ice per year,"

A5 What part of this phrase don't you understand?

watch the video:
                  https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a030000/a031100/a031158/grace_monthly_anomaly_ais_black_vel_2020_crf27_720 p.mp4 https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a030000/a031100/a031158/grace_monthly_anomaly_ais_black_vel_2020_crf27_720 p.mp4
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; May 2, 2021, 09:12.

Comment

What part of the science is not ( is never) settled did ou not understand?
                    Did you read the very public debate within NASA regarding Antarctic ice gain/loss?

You uninformed alarmists, the media, and the bureaucrats all present a certainty that the actual climate scientists do not share.
                    It is not helping their credibility. Their jobs much more difficult.

Comment

What part of the science is not ( is never) settled did ou not understand?
                      Did you read the very public debate within NASA regarding Antarctic ice gain/loss?

You uninformed alarmists, the media, and the bureaucrats all present a certainty that the actual climate scientists do not share.
                      It is not helping their credibility. Their jobs much more difficult.
                      NASA says the antarctic is losing ice mass.

The original post by Jazz covers sea ice area expansion. It says nothing about mass measurements or land mass ice. So the area of sea ice can be expanding, but mass can still be declining.

In any case, it is well known that the antarctic is less affected by warming for a variety of reasons. But it doesn't change the fact of accelerating ice loss in Greenland or in mountain glaciers which are more dramatic indications of a warming climate.

But which climate scientists and their organizations are saying that there is a cooling trend coming? You still have not answered this question.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                        Remember every chart is drawn by someone.
                        AF5 I recommend not engaging with that guy, he’s obviously only here to push an agenda.
                        But it is so much fun to set a trap and watch him unwittingly fall into it very single time.

And the best part, is if you keep egging him on, and give him enough rope, he will provide all the ammunition to hang himself.
                        Then learn absolutely nothing and come out guns a blazing again next time, just as overconfident, and just as wrong.

That said, I would far sooner debate someone with some modicum of intelligence, who at least made an effort to understand the science.
                        But unfortunately that isn't going to happen, because such people are smart enough to avoid defending the indefensible. An informed debate on climate change is the ultimate oxymoron.

Comment

We have been through this before, please find specific current examples of net detrimental effects from warming.
                          Here are positive benefits...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Climate Deaths.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	771031

Click image for larger version

Name:	C02.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	771032

Comment

But it is so much fun to set a trap and watch him unwittingly fall into it very single time.

And the best part, is if you keep egging him on, and give him enough rope, he will provide all the ammunition to hang himself.
                            Then learn absolutely nothing and come out guns a blazing again next time, just as overconfident, and just as wrong.

That said, I would far sooner debate someone with some modicum of intelligence, who at least made an effort to understand the science.
                            But unfortunately that isn't going to happen, because such people are smart enough to avoid defending the indefensible. An informed debate on climate change is the ultimate oxymoron.
                            So you just spent a couple of hours debating climate change and ice mass loss without much success and now you want to claim it was all a trap for me? You seem oblivious.

As I predicted, another obvious distraction post and stark refusal to answer the question. Which scientific organizations say human caused climate change is not happening or that climate cooling is about to appear. C'mon A5 you can do it! If the evidence is so strong as you are claiming, that increasing carbon dioxide from fossil fuels doesn't cause climate change, there must be at least one organization!

We know you will never answer this question. Your track record is at least consistent.

Maybe you could plan a deniers conference at the foot of the Athabasca glacier. Hook up with the antimask, anti vax, flat earth, foamers at the mouth, for a grand conspiracy shindig. You could chant "it's all a hoax" with the echos reverberating back off the mountains. Just like the echos on agrisilly!

Don't let flip out defend you with irrelevant arguments.
                            Last edited by chuckChuck; May 2, 2021, 11:33.

Comment

Just a little news story I heard on the CBC this morning.

Newfoundland and Labrador have had warmer and dryer late winter and spring all do to Climate Change and Global warming!!!

Good God now I am really confused! Chuck isn't this just weather?

Comment

Don't run and hide A5. Which climate scientists and their organizations are saying that there is a cooling trend coming? C'mon their A5 you brought it up!

The NASA link covers a lot of the negative impacts of climate change.

here you go chuck

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2005/aug/19/climatechange.climatechangeenvironment https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2005/aug/19/climatechange.climatechangeenvironment
                                Last edited by 6V53; May 2, 2021, 13:44.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...