• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen/chuck wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket I do appreciate your perspective! You are breath of fresh air on this site.

Comment

Well boys I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and not very well educated but i do know one thing for certain. The government will f--k up everything it touches! It will cost much more and take much longer to complete even the simplest tasks.

Why would i want them marketing my grain?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Bucket I do appreciate your perspective! You are breath of fresh air on this site.
        He certainly is , definitely not single minded at all 👍

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
          Well boys I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and not very well educated but i do know one thing for certain. The government will f--k up everything it touches! It will cost much more and take much longer to complete even the simplest tasks.

They are not suppose to market your grain....they are suppose to regulate and enforce accountability and transparency.... that's what the USDA does in the states....you make a grain sale you report it....every company complies with that order....and someone keeps track....right or wrong....

In Canada no one regulates and no one keeps track.

Comment

It was a large pervasive tumor.
            It required drastic surgery.
            Some have walked bent over so long they have forgotten how to walk straight.
            The evidence of the results are so obvious they shouldn't need constant listing.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              It was a large pervasive tumor.
              It required drastic surgery.
              Some have walked bent over so long they have forgotten how to walk straight.
              The evidence of the results are so obvious they shouldn't need constant listing.
              Sounds like you could be referring to the CWB in past tense, or the poster in the title of this thread in present tense.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                He certainly is , definitely not single minded at all 👍
                Every farmer should take a wide angle view of everyday life....

4 billion for 300 irrigation farmers and forgetting about the other 39000 farmers in Saskatchewan.

A crop insurance system that's archaic.

An agristability system that's useless. ...they took my personal cheque for the premium but I don't qualify for CEBA....crickets from MPs ....

Etc etc etc....take the blinders off people and connect dots....it's all coming from same pocket when government is involved....your tax dollars. ...

I was told that the feds might get involved on this irrigation....it's the same tax dollars....ffs...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Every farmer should take a wide angle view of everyday life....

4 billion for 300 irrigation farmers and forgetting about the other 39000 farmers in Saskatchewan.

A crop insurance system that's archaic.

An agristability system that's useless. ...they took my personal cheque for the premium but I don't qualify for CEBA....crickets from MPs ....

Etc etc etc....take the blinders off people and connect dots....it's all coming from same pocket when government is involved....your tax dollars. ...

I was told that the feds might get involved on this irrigation....it's the same tax dollars....ffs...
                  Absolutely agree bucket , we are diverse bunch over a huge geographical are and nothing is a one size fits all in western Canada Ag .... nothing 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Absolutely agree bucket , we are diverse bunch over a huge geographical are and nothing is a one size fits all in western Canada Ag .... nothing 👍
                    And yet they can do it in the states....how is that. ?

Peanuts cotton hay wheat soy corn etc all is covered...few farmers left behind
                    Last edited by bucket; Sep 15, 2020, 09:05.

Comment

I know we’ve been over this ground before.

Crop failure here tough titties you wear it. Frost you wear it. Doesn’t germ8nate due to drought suck it up princess.

Only thing insurable hail and fire.

Comment

i sure wouldn't like that !
                        sure appreciate Sask crop insurance

Comment

Been discussed in Australia for maybe last 20 25 yrs.

Price protection subsidies insurance what ever ya want to call it leads to one thing artificially increases in price of land due to the fact your rarely lose out and marginal land being farmed throw in govt support it’s a slippery slope.

And over production.

Right or wrong who knows that’s the way it is here , life hands you lemons make lemonade nope stuff that learn to stomach lemons pussies

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

Actually if they don’t make good trade deals we don’t have markets. Do you make the trade deals? So they do have a large marketing part of our grain. All you have is rhe choice of picking which of the few companies will screw you. You don’t really market anything. Ever speak directly to a Chinese buyer? India? Mexico? If you did you could then say you actually market something.

Domestically we need clarity on how our prices are arrived at, how our grain is moved, graded, mixed and then sold. What the basis screw job is all about. That load of feed wheat is it really sold as feed when it gets mixed? What is the actual price of canary seed it definately isn’t what we’re getting. Who makes the deals for canary prices? Less than a handful of people.
                            Peas has its issues somewhere between us and overseas 1.50 to 2 bucks is lost?????
                            Barley malt scam???

Comment

And where are all those USA buyers that were supposedly going to flood across the 49th driving right up to your farmgate with their cheque book in their hands to buy your wheat?

As for the CWB, they published an annual report yearly. How many of guys have received an annual report from Cargill or the Three Families in Winnipeg reporting how much money they made off your wheat sales to them that THEY marketed for you around the world.

We sure don't hear from John De Pape or Brenda J Lepp anymore here on Agriville with all their marketing knowledge about how great those Wheat prices are now that marketing freedom is here.

It was so easy for the Ostrich Farmer to shut the CWB down, not so easy to have a follow up plan in place.

Comment

It would be nice to just have and transparent and accountable system....

I realize the graincos have to make money but if they starve the farmer ...what is their gain in that?

We all have to make money....and when it doesnt happen you have to do what the Americans do and push government money at farmers...

There is no politician speaking for farmers....in western Canada right now....if there was they would be a little concerned about the vessels at the west coast , the space , and the fact grain isn't moving like it should.

All terminals of 25000 tonnes or more have the ability to move a unit train once every two weeks...its not happening...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.