• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest tid bits ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest tid bits ...

Been running the Case 9240 beside a Lexion 750

In canola , same speed , capacity, loss ... the case burns 5 gal / hr more
    Wheat was about 6 but a 45 ft on the case , 40 ft on the Lex

Case has the Mav add on chopper so does take a bit more power but does a superior job over the Lexion in cereals , especially when straw gets tough . The Lexion not good at all actually but has just standard chopper .
    Both been running good so far . Case has more capacity in ceareals but it should it’s a bigger machine . Canola they about equal .

Will be into swathed wheat later today . Will see what happens there in 35 ft swaths side by side

Comment

Waiting on the flax. It's close but need to let the pre-harvest scorch some green weeds.

One thing I've learned is I'm no doctor...... I have no patience. But I'm learning.

Maybe should have used Diquat.

Comment

Would like to try chopping the flax straw, The Iron Maiden has the MAV chopper but.... don't know if the Bourgault(enter wiseguy) could handle the residue. Had we swathed and the green straw dried, I would think we would stand a chance of doing a decent job but straight cutting can be achieved even when the straw is a bit green yet the flax tests dry.... hard to punch through any chopper.

Good thing I never sprayed the flax for Pasmo, it is showing absolutely no signs of disease and would have only kept the straw greener longer, a drawback of spraying flax even when it is necessary. Oh yea, supposedly Headline is no longer available.... on to more expensive fungicide for flax now. Figures.

Comment

If ya believe combine forum I thought only combines in western Canada were claas

Comment

Drop the flax straw and run a bale it right behind the combine?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
              If ya believe combine forum I thought only combines in western Canada were claas
              Not entirely true, odd guy still running the ****shutt 542 series i think.

Comment

All I know is the JD 6601 is a bunch slower than my TR 70. But the 6601 leaves better straw.

Comment

We'll drop it and bunch it with a junky flax straw buncher. We used to harrow it together into large windrows with heavy harrows but I don't like that much because too much previous year's residue gets bunched and burned in the process.

There was a group looking for baled flax straw for bio-mass burning to replace wood products. I forget the market.
                  No guarantees they would take it or when, needed to sign a letter of intent first so they could gauge how much they could gather. They wanted large square bales(but thought they might have to accept large round bales) the grower was supposed to bale, stock pile in an accessible area and load the trucks.... Last time I did this with a company who made cigarette papers we had to do nothing....no complaints either. The guy baling would even bale up the stuff they thought was too "dirty" and leave it behind for us to burn. Most people don't have a large square baler or access to one. The price per tonne was higher with all the work we would be expected to do but it may have not gone any further than the signed letter of intent anyway. Maybe I should inquire again?

Edit in: Prairie.Clean Energy, Regina Sask.
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 13, 2020, 17:58.

Comment

The 8800 made a visit back here before this recent rain. Was close to 32 acres/hr in standing wheat. S680’s quite a bit less....

Losses were more in the lexion but not much more. But it was rotating, had it wound out. Sample was better. Straw management was comparable to the cowboy chopper, the one with the powercast was lacking.

Macdon better step up its game for the lexicons, cause a poor year and you’d be in road gear to keep it full.

Comment

In hrsw now , Alieda.
                      Both at 3.5 mph
                      Case 19 gal US / hr
                      Lexion at 10 Imp

He maxed out at 3.5 , I can do 4 to 4.2 but truckers get squirrelly lol

Both doing nice job
                      Alieda much nicer sample than Viewfield

Comment

case/deere/and NH are gonna have to address this fuel gluttony ?
                        hows the massey , farma? probably not as good as the older ones ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          case/deere/and NH are gonna have to address this fuel gluttony ?
                          hows the massey , farma? probably not as good as the older ones ?
                          Nope, not as bad, those Cats(C13's) in the MF9895 and Challenger 680B were very thirsty.

The seven cylinder(9.8 liter) Sisu in the MF9565 is better on fuel, but if you really push it it can get up there too.
                          They went back to belt drive rotor, that probably helped alot.

Comment

See AB5 hasn’t started yet other s in the same boat?

Anyone see the finish line farma didn’t you say your cruising along ok getting the job done?

Sask said his wheats nearly all off.

How you going Tom? And others.?

Comment

We are almost 2/3 done. 1000 of cereals and then the canola. Crops are good but not near what they looked like from the road.

Still happy overall, even if we won't reach Townsend's projection.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.