• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sept 11

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sept 11

Worlds changed eh.

We all got behind our leaders regardless.
    All sides of p9itics United.

People shocked grieved.

Condemnation from all western leaders. Most leaders actually.

Nowadays we would have Antifa marching in support of perpetrators.
    Environmental whackos saying towers should have been built there anyway.
    All trumps fault.
    Cl8nate change guys would say the sun got in pilots eyes.
    Then don’t blame thevterrorists it’s not there fault etc.
    Young kids would be getting brainwashed it was America’s fault.

Worlds gone backwards
    since but big time last 10 yrs big time.

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Worlds changed eh.

We all got behind our leaders regardless.
    All sides of p9itics United.

People shocked grieved.

Condemnation from all western leaders. Most leaders actually.

Nowadays we would have Antifa marching in support of perpetrators.
    Environmental whackos saying towers should have been built there anyway.
    All trumps fault.
    Cl8nate change guys would say the sun got in pilots eyes.
    Then don’t blame thevterrorists it’s not there fault etc.
    Young kids would be getting brainwashed it was America’s fault.

Worlds gone backwards
    since but big time last 10 yrs big time.
    Have you had one or two too many? The world has changed get over it. The pendulum swings both ways. We are not going back to slavery or polluting as much as we want. The balance now is too make everyone's lives better.

Comment

".......make everyone's lives better"?

Who's and at whom's expense?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        Have you had one or two too many? The world has changed get over it. The pendulum swings both ways. We are not going back to slavery or polluting as much as we want. The balance now is too make everyone's lives better.
        My memory must be failing me. Was it only 19 years ago that slavery was still legal in the US, and before the EPA was created to manage actual pollution?

Comment

In the U.S. they are still paying for 200 years of slavery. Things barely changed in the 60's and 70'. Well now the reckoning that has been put off is coming. Rather than fighting it they need to embrace it so it does not tear the country apart. Trump and the extreme right is stoking fears in America instead of working to unify the country. Trump is no conservative but he is an opportunist and a con artist. He is pitting the extreme right against the extreme left. There is no argument that the wealthy in America are getting richer while the poor are paying for it. This income disparity cannot continue. Capitalism is a good system if it raises everyone.

Comment

There's lots I'd like to say but don't have time to collect my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post

9.30 am came in from chores having bacon and eggs make and a non white coffee mate.

You take shit pills today.

Changed for sure changed for the better who knows champ. Better place 20 yrs ago in my opinion.

Take it that your great nation has improved vastly in last 20 yrs all good, in your opinion.

And your entitled to it.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                9.30 am came in from chores having bacon and eggs make and a non white coffee mate.

You take shit pills today.

Changed for sure changed for the better who knows champ. Better place 20 yrs ago in my opinion.

Take it that your great nation has improved vastly in last 20 yrs all good, in your opinion.

And your entitled to it.
                Does not matter what we think of society now. People are not going back to the closet. Women are not going back 20 years. Do I understand it all? NO. BUT I have to get over it. Even those that are upside down it is not going back 20 years. I just hope we can all get along without calling each left wing or right wing. There is only a conspiracy if you believe it is.

Comment

Call be a old wanna been coulda been.

But 80s 90s tomid 2000s we’re great times.

Just my kinda what the hell has happened to society since then.

No calling anyone right or wrong.

Your happy with current state of affairs I’m not we agree to disagree all good all civil.

Been Canada 4 times adds up to almost a year.
                  Great place better people.

But in 17 walked around in cardston one morning just looked like a local go out of my way not to look like a tourist work boots jeans work shirt.

Came around corner past court house abused yelled at and other comments had no idea what they were. Was quite a line up about 8.30 am on a Monday I think. Maybe case of mistaken id3ntity dunno but was taken aback, like what the hell ibthought. Missus said fark this lets get out of this town.

Never been threatened in Canada even when I got stuck in a bar full of Indians at Cochin at the ripe old age of 21 guess I was a source of amusement to them so no issue. Fast forward 33 yrs later different town but nasty.

Anyway going outside rain dancing have a top evening agstar

Comment

No one is asking any one to get back in the closet. Or roll back the calender 20-30 years.

I believe in inclusiveness, were some things done wrong? ...yes. But we, as a society, are becoming more intolerant, divided and fractured lately. Looking for problems and issues where none exist.....pitting people against people.

Not everyone's wealth has been created on the backs of less fortunate, so fair isn't always equal and equal isn't always fair.
                    Opportunities do exist, maybe some segments of society never had quite the same options but as of late doors have been opened and helping hands extended.... up to people to walk through an open door of opportunity or reach for the extended hand of help. My God, when I think about what settlers endured and made a life and living for their families....they were made of better material than my old carcass.

It really sticks in my craw when I am expected to pay taxes so less fortunate can have the same standard of life as me. Am I fortunate! You bet. Was it handed over on a silver platter... not a chance. Do I work hard(I'd like to think so)? Do I take a stupid amount of risk trying to earn a living and accumulate wealth? ABSOLUTELY.

Don't talk to me about "making everyone else's life better"!

Instead of dragging everyone down to the lowest common denominator....lets try elevating the down trodden so they can enjoy a higher standard of living...... without handing it over on a silver platter..... because we all know how that works when people get something for nothing......no pride in having earned it or in it's ownership.

Comment

Grates my gears the closet comment.

So me thinking life was better 10 15 years ago I was somehow sheltered or in a closet or a dim witted hillbilly?

By disagreeing with riots looting demonstrations climate change etc etc I’m somehow socially backwards and inept?

So the dreams ethics manners etc that our parents grandparents instilled in us are wrong because these thoughts are from a bygone Old fashioned era?

Maybe I’m past my used by date if I have to go back to the closet because of my beliefs.

Bought it up before things taught at school modern education, guess I’m wrong there as well. 3rs here Called reading writing rithmatic Kid you not was called that but that’s all gone now and your not allowed to fail at school or sport........or life whichhalludes to farMas post above to a degree.

Agree to disagree I guess I’m on my own in this debate.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        My memory must be failing me. Was it only 19 years ago that slavery was still legal in the US, and before the EPA was created to manage actual pollution?
                        go dive anywhere in the ocean
                        no one gives a shit about pollution unless it is what rural people are doing

Comment

I suspect every generation when nearing it's end can't make sense of the present.
                          And we will never change that.
                          But we have seen the apex for increasing standards of living. And stability. Our Western society is slowly imploding. Has been I suppose since 1945.
                          When they invented the teenager LoL.
                          Not trying to turn back time. Hell, few people take history in context anyway.
                          If they did their would be no protests.
                          But the last few years have seen an attitude shift at least on par with the sixties in some areas.
                          Me?, I'm tuning out man....

Comment

Mallee.
                            Reminds me of being bullied when working in Cardston 30 years ago.
                            Difference is that today, it's only bullying if your WHITE.

Comment

Ever listen to all the words to Tom T Hall's song "Faster Horses"?
                              Story of life right there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.