• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Level 2 power alert in AB last night.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, to show that some of us are not just here to bash renewables, some good news.

I've still been watching the AESO supply and demand report occasionally. It got really windy today at home, so I checked, and wind power has been consistently around 1500 out of 1781 potential MW production. 3 wind farms appear to be offline showing zeros, while the rest are at or near full capacity. Quite impressive, and consistent.

Over the past few weeks, wind seems to spend most days around 1000 to 1200 MW's, with regular and often precipitous drops down into the 100 to 300 range.

One good thing to come out of this is a new appreciation for living where we do. I can't stand wind, and it seems I live in the right place, when it is dead calm here, the Halkirk wind farm always seems to be putting out, and many others are way up. Only had a few brief windy hours here this winter, probably at a low risk for installing any turbines nearby.

Comment

I was wondering why my saskpower bill seems to be going higher and higher, wanted to blame carbon tax totally but looked at a feb 2016 bill vs feb 2020 bill and basic charge is up 12.4% as did the cost of the electricity. Wish I could get a 3% increase every year. Carbon tax still pisses me off.

Comment

You might be interested in this Wiki about Eldon Musk and Solar City;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SolarCity

Comment

It seems that my praise of wind energy yesterday was premature. As of now, it is down to 66 MW. Only 5% of what it was 12 hours ago. But thanks to wind only producing a token portion of our electricity in AB, the lights are still on, only the prices went up. I see Germany just enjoyed widespread blackouts thanks to a big windstorms effect on wind power output.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
            You might be interested in this Wiki about Eldon Musk and Solar City;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SolarCity
            Did anyone else read the section about all of the frauds, litigation, corruption, bribery, making false claims about payback and falsifying numbers? Sounds like a good upstanding company...

Comment

Since I checked mid morning, wind generation has increased by a mere 24 times, while solar has gone from 0 to almost full name plate capacity(infinite increase). If only demand could do the same on a warm sunny day, then this would be an ideal system.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.