• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take to move the market?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would it take to move the market?

Crazy wet fall with snow and late crops and poor quality for us in western Canada. Ozzy land dried out. And now I hear of a big blizzard that supposed to plow through the northern Mid Western States this week and flatten out green crops.

You would think that the gig is up?

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    Crazy wet fall with snow and late crops and poor quality for us in western Canada. Ozzy land dried out. And now I hear of a big blizzard that supposed to plow through the northern Mid Western States this week and flatten out green crops.

You would think that the gig is up?
    It's never over until the fat lady sings. She isn't scheduled until November.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
      It's never over until the fat lady sings. She isn't scheduled until November.
      Not knowing, how long can you risk waiting.

Current conditions could be better than what's coming.

An opportunity for dry may never come.

What a risk! ....either way.

This poor harvest is going to really cut into the net profit. Or deepen the loss. Worse than I thought.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 6, 2019, 21:50.

Comment

Window could close tomorrow, or there may be a good run yet. Have seen harvest window shut by now before, 2015 it snowed about the 8th of October and that was it. I have also seen it open right up for a good old Indian summer. But yeah, hopes of dry grain are fading. Those of us without dryers in tough. Literally.

Comment

Momentarily forgot about Indian Summer. Too wrapped up in being as far behind as we are for this time of year!

Thing about Indian Summer is you never know when it's coming or how long it will last.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a3ef1be6a078a255ca95dbc01bf2f513.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	769008

Comment

Market will not react till we get 2 ft of snow.

Comment

Places in northern nsw and southern qld are meant to be flat out planting summer crops. Most feed sorghum.

Well there basking in 40c temps for a fair swath and most of this week.

Really economists there’s gonna be some serious downgrading of tonnes in the ground now plus add unplanted summer crops

Once usda get on board thing will rise even take off.

Is there a wasde report this week

Comment

Places in northern nsw and southern qld are meant to be flat out planting summer crops. Most feed sorghum.

Well there basking in 40c temps for a fair swath and most of this week.

Really economists there’s gonna be some serious downgrading of tonnes in the ground now plus add unplanted summer crops

Once usda get on board thing will rise even take off.

Comment

Sorry gonna have to be more diligent. Meant to type reckon and came out with economists .

Think you guys are used to me and my phrasesand lack off grammer

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

Oct 10, 10AM SK time

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                      Oct 10, 10AM SK time
                      Isn't there always enough?

Comment

Having enough and never running out are two different things

Comment

Didn't someone post something last week about a special statement from USDA regarding non-counted spring cereals yet to be harvested? and that adjustments for some crops are coming in the next report?
                          Is this the report? What does this report encompass?

Comment

Just looking at some old canola charts, from Mar 08 to Oct 08 canola dropped 7.52/ bu, I don't remember that but I probably took the escalator down with at least a bin or two. Greed is a terrible thing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.