• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Globe & Mail & trucking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Globe & Mail & trucking

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-foreign-truck-drivers-canada-immigration-investigation/

Not sure if this will work around the paywall but if you need your blood pressure raised....

I read that article and it is indeed shocking.

Some provinces are letting fly by night trucking companies operate with temporary foreign workers (TFW) who have very little training or experience.

Immigration consultants are a big part of the problem exploiting immigrants with very high fees who use the trucking industry as a gateway to permanent residence Canada.

Many of the TFWs are exploited with very low wages and terrible working conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      I read that article and it is indeed shocking.

Some provinces are letting fly by night trucking companies operate with temporary foreign workers (TFW) who have very little training or experience.

Immigration consultants are a big part of the problem exploiting immigrants with very high fees who use the trucking industry as a gateway to permanent residence Canada.

Many of the TFWs are exploited with very low wages and terrible working conditions.
      Shocking???? Lol 😂

Comment

What is the Nationality of the people doing this?

But that woukd be a racist question now wouldn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          What is the Nationality of the people doing this?

But that woukd be a racist question now wouldn't it!
          Oddly enough, the same as many of the “immigration consultants” and crooked owners who are taking advantage of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
            Oddly enough, the same as many of the “immigration consultants” and crooked owners who are taking advantage of them.
            SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!! "Some" of that crew operate on a different set of morals and beliefs.
            Rules and regulations are obstacles to "circumvent, bend, break, or downright ignore".

Comment

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!! "Some" of that crew operate on a different set of morals and beliefs.
              Rules and regulations are obstacles to "circumvent, bend, break, or downright ignore".
              I had to check the thread title, because I assumed you were referring to the Trudeau Liberal's. If the shoe fits...

Comment

No group is immune to corruption. But some are better at it than others....for some its a culture.

When my dentist completely sells out to his "partner", I'm outta there. As long as I can see my original dentist I'll stay.

Saw the Partner once, hygienist says everything was fine, he has a look and says "cavity".
                Hygienist just spent more time cleaning than he did looking. Can't tell me longtime hygienists can't spot issues.

I've been going there for nearly 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

And still they truck!!! No guilt, no conscience about getting into a rig and driving down the highway, knowing your not qualified, putting others lives at risk, and still they truck!!!

For duck sakes, these people lack a complete sense of character, they lack a complete sense of responsibility, they lack a complete sense of neighbourhood and community, these are the people Canada is letting into this beautiful country?

Comment

No group is immune to corruption. But some are better at it than others....for some its a culture.
                    And again, your statement would fit equally well in any of the Trudeau threads, regarding liberals and the Laurentian elites.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.