• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Some are real die hards on the straight cut. They would rather lose a grade on durum leaving it standing and waiting than put it down. I think I can still pull a 1 out but another rain on this stuff and she will fall 2 grades.
    Geese and ducks are a big reason for not swathing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Geese and ducks are a big reason for not swathing as well.
      The geese around here live in Wascana park. They fly right over us and sit in the city all spring and fall.

Comment

The 2 inch rain didn't make it better for swaths around here....they still sprouted....soaked it right up over 4 days...

Saskatchewan farmers lost close to 500 million if not more with that rain....those numbers don't get reported...

Comment

There are 2 more hurricanes coming on shore in the US. I think oct is going to be one fd month.

Comment

Humidity 97% this morning.

Comment

Canola down 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Canola down 3 weeks.
                Grass green. Must have been swathed on the green side.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  The geese around here live in Wascana park. They fly right over us and sit in the city all spring and fall.
                  You’re lucky. This year they’re landing right in my standing flat peas and feasting. Last year had oats in swath for a month which amazingly enough took off dry and were still a #2 but quite a few acres completely lost to geese and full of goose shit. Not to mention deer, bear, elk, etc. If I swath in my area need to be able to pick it up in a few days.

Comment

Biggest producer here still has 1000 acres of 100 bu/ac standing wheat and it is all sprouting. He's going to try and get it off for feed this week and, if not, will all be worked under. Had 10" here since Aug 27.

Comment

It's one thing to have the setup last year with pretty much ripe crops getting snowed and rained on. It did dry up enough to get most of it off.

It's quite another to be swathing green canola on Sept 19 and thinking it has a chance.

Comment

If those swaths don't cure, they won't be going through like goose shite in Oct, especially when snow is known to come in Oct.

Any combines on dealers lots were gone 2 weeks ago(SE Sask), new and used! Buy new and keep your old one till your finished.

Durum grading #5 before last rain, so there was the last rain, now rain again this weekend, should be a #8 pretty soon.

Doing canola straight, taking everything, testing 10.0 yesterday, 0% green, the blackest I've ever seen.

Hope the soybeans make it, no shortage of moisture(except perhaps the first 10 days in Aug) lots of rain before that period and close to 9" since.

Comment

Canola two weeks in swath will go any day.

Comment

Not sure why, but ALL barley done around me, most malt, most straight or behind swather, very little under 13.5. Dryers busy.Wheat a few acres mostly standing. Straight was dry on Monday in the Q L area. Oats started, 16% yesterday, now 90% humidity and cloudy. YUK

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              Canola two weeks in swath will go any day.
                              Depends how green at cutting, 3 weeks here barely dry. So ya 2 weeks nice weather, not in October!

Comment

Those swath pictures brings back bad memories when we grew canola and combined in October with canola growing through swaths.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.