• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	A9tpQoizQuWRC2MRanpfpA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	778579

Well, the above describes the last week. Finally, the sun came out and the heat hit with the wind. Perfect world hey. We were able to get all going us first on peas then the rest in HRS and barley and oats. For one or two days later the storm gods started brewing and out of nothing a huge hail storm and up to 3.5 in of rain hit. We were on edge but got another inch in the process. Were wet is an understatement, but to the north of us, they have an extra 6 inches in the month of September.

Ok here is the report, We did get to 13% done, and this sucks. It is the middle of September, and this is the best we can be. Fourteen inches is the total of rain up to this point since snow left. Thanks, Mother Nature, you're a real ****.

HRS has been downgraded and if in swath bad. Sprouts in Durum and spring wheat standing and swath. High humidity and hot on the weekend didn't help. One more rain event and things go from Bad to ****ED. It's a shit show boys and girls. Guys don't know what to do. Dry or swath or harvest or bale.

Barley is the lost crop of 2019. What looked so fricking promising all over the province is now soaked, and things aren't right.

Peas are finally off for us, and we still have a few neighbours that seeded a lot of acres struggling with mud and peas.

Flax is desiccated and waiting for dry down to clean up these fields, so guys don't have to look at the crop any more. Flax is by far the worst of the crops of 2019.

Oats in the swath, not good standing has no issues yet but do you swath or not is on most guys minds. We haven't had three good days in a row before rain all September.

Canola wow I said if it doesn't freeze till mid to late September, it might make a really big crop. Well, it's big but will it dry down and get harvested. Varieties are also showing some interesting traits this year. I have Pioneer Liberty and right on the next section is new Dekalb Liberty and a mile away is old L252. One doesn't look like the others. Guys are swathing like no tomorrow as most fields are going to make it. Only some just out of flowering. Others are spraying and will direct cut. I still might do the last two sections this year.

Name:	LN3KrNLPQC+hFjm3mu503A.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	778578

Pastures are coming back very nice and the green feed seeded July one is going to make a lot of bales.

Name:	AkBB5o%zTHmwcNyBWqjcSw.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	778580

So to sum up the harvest, it isn't moving very fast. Massive hail storm happened north of Me, and it rains every two days. Oh look tomorrow is a 90% chance of rain — Yea for **** sakes.

To Sask Ag and Food. Don't sugar coat your report please tell it like it is. Were late getting later and it rains constantly, and crop now has grade issues.

Be safe as stress levels are rising and yes I'm pissed we are now back into the mud zone.

Oh, its election season and I can't help out, and it pisses me off. But the harvest is more important anyway. Ralph by the number of KRAM lawn signs I think you're going to get a surprise.

Oh on Trudeau how can a guy not answer a question.

Handpick his crowds.

Then the media doesn't look at protestors at every stop.

He grabs our new young tennis star.

He is one sick puppy and what do we do with sick puppies we put them down.

But this is Canada, and in elections, we get rid of cancer. Wake up Quebec and Ontario and Vancouver.

Name:	IMG_5793.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	767773

1957 farmers in Canada have been pissed for oh so long. But we had a large land block change hands from an excellent well off renter to a new guy, and the rent is $20 an acre higher than it was last three years. Yea, our area, joined the insane club.

Comment

Curious why someone your size does so much swathing? Around me people are spraying everything left and right trying to straight cut. One neighbor sprayed wheat twice and its still not ready.

Comment

The spray guys who do every acre are further behind than me. We only swath really canola as it goes through a combine like shit through a goose in October. Were planning for October. Not August or Sept. Its going to get real interesting in October.

The clock is ticking.

Comment

The spray guys who do every acre are further behind than me. We only swath really canola as it goes through a combine like shit through a goose in October. Were planning for October. Not August or Sept. Its going to get real interesting in October.

The clock is ticking.

Comment

The clock is ticking.

Comment

Is that a stutter or alzheimers kicking in.....Poke....

Comment

Both I just about forgot what day it is

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Curious why someone your size does so much swathing? Around me people are spraying everything left and right trying to straight cut. One neighbor sprayed wheat twice and its still not ready.
                  Not sure how the straight cut canola is going to turn out here for some . A lot of very uneven stands with green areas. The green not changing. Same with some cereals . Cool weather now and short days . Will be interesting

Comment

How much progress will saskag report this week...will they say 50 percent....to keep the prices in check?
                    Last edited by bucket; Sep 19, 2019, 07:21.

Comment

You are right about barley being the lost crop.

Quality issues.

Comment

Yea it was 2001 and you were 30 Trudeau.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Not sure how the straight cut canola is going to turn out here for some . A lot of very uneven stands with green areas. The green not changing. Same with some cereals . Cool weather now and short days . Will be interesting
                          Some are real die hards on the straight cut. They would rather lose a grade on durum leaving it standing and waiting than put it down. I think I can still pull a 1 out but another rain on this stuff and she will fall 2 grades.

Comment

Got 3 days of combining in a row , first time since we started back in August . Rains coming again from SW
                            May be last nail in the cereal coffin here. Was still ok , but lots in area not already. A lot of frozen crop showing up north and east.
                            Not going to be a good year at all again, especially with terrible prices .

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

The clock is ticking.
                              FYI, AUGUST IS OVER, unless your referring to August 2020
                              SEPTEMBER is basically 3/4 over.
                              Better focus on OCTOBER and may be the early part of NOVEMBER.

Inquire about renting/leasing some more combines if you can find enough asses to fill the seats and enough capacity to get the grain away from them and keep them moving. A standing combine isn't contributing to harvest progress.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...