• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conservative ag policy?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off farmers need to in some way present ourselves as a disadvantaged minority because unless you are indigenous or LGBTQ you get no attention with such small voting numbers. Also while some are pissed at the Conservatives remember the federal NDP and federal Green's have the support of 25% of decided voters according to recent polls. Have any of you studied their policies? How many of you think you can continue to prosper under a Trudeau minority propped up by either the NDP or Green's?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      First off farmers need to in some way present ourselves as a disadvantaged minority because unless you are indigenous or LGBTQ you get no attention with such small voting numbers. Also while some are pissed at the Conservatives remember the federal NDP and federal Green's have the support of 25% of decided voters according to recent polls. Have any of you studied their policies? How many of you think you can continue to prosper under a Trudeau minority propped up by either the NDP or Green's?
      True....so the answer is vote conservative....and

A. don't get represented in Ottawa
      B. Get shit on as a western canadian farmer
      C. Get less but still be expected to help the economy by spending on inputs that are not regulated
      D. all of the above...

But if you vote for the other 3 parties you get the same...so...what is the difference????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        True....so the answer is vote conservative....and

A. don't get represented in Ottawa
        B. Get shit on as a western canadian farmer
        C. Get less but still be expected to help the economy by spending on inputs that are not regulated
        D. all of the above...

But if you vote for the other 3 parties you get the same...so...what is the difference????
        On item C. Bucket what type of regulation are you talking about on inputs? Price regulation? Certainly lots of regulation in regards to pesticides already exists.

Comment

On item C. Bucket what type of regulation are you talking about on inputs? Price regulation? Certainly lots of regulation in regards to pesticides already exists.
          Collusion in the fertilizer industry...

Fuel collusion...tell me how Co-op fuel prices can be impacted by the bombing in Saudi Arabia....but it will be....its an excuse to gouge...

And when chemicals don't work as applied by the book ...there is only one person that pays....

Dessica worked like shit ...applied properly ....and the excuse was the weather....could have cost me the lentils crop but I took them off a little tough before the kochia continued to grow more....

A lot of guys applied in crop chemical that worked like shit....

Comment

Explain that comment....I don't know if you agree with my comment or would like to have a discussion about it?
            110% sarcasm intended.

Comment

If thats the case... OK then...he would be a considerable improvement
              Coming from you,.... am I supposed to be flattered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lmao-meme-2-lmao-meme-pics.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	767767

Comment

Part of the Conservative's ag policy:

https://wheatgrowers.ca/advocacy-resources/seed-value-creation/ https://wheatgrowers.ca/advocacy-resources/seed-value-creation/

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;424123]Coming from you,.... am I supposed to be flattered.

Well...I thought you might be..pretty thenthitive these days?????

Comment

These protestors should be automatically quarantined for 90 days. Have they been in a foreign country doing the same? One that has disease issues. As far as I'm concerned a barn should be as secure as a vault. With the traceability concerns and fear over safe food supply this should be automatic

Comment

Collusion in the fertilizer industry...

Fuel collusion...tell me how Co-op fuel prices can be impacted by the bombing in Saudi Arabia....but it will be....its an excuse to gouge...

And when chemicals don't work as applied by the book ...there is only one person that pays....

Dessica worked like shit ...applied properly ....and the excuse was the weather....could have cost me the lentils crop but I took them off a little tough before the kochia continued to grow more....

A lot of guys applied in crop chemical that worked like shit....
                      There is no doubt that an oligopoly exists in the Canadian fertilizer industry, but I am curious how you feel Government could change that. As far as agricultural chemicals go these are large foreign companies, again not sure how Canadian governments could affect change.

As for Diquat, used it for the first time this year, used Guardian on yellow peas. Seemed to work fine on the peas, didn't do a damn thing on the wild oats in the peas. Usually use glyphosate and heat or glyphosate alone, works slower but certainly does a better job. All are certainly a better alternative than swathing. Swathed some barley 16 days ago, still laying there not dry fml!

Comment

There is no doubt that an oligopoly exists in the Canadian fertilizer industry, but I am curious how you feel Government could change that. As far as agricultural chemicals go these are large foreign companies, again not sure how Canadian governments could affect change.

As for Diquat, used it for the first time this year, used Guardian on yellow peas. Seemed to work fine on the peas, didn't do a damn thing on the wild oats in the peas. Usually use glyphosate and heat or glyphosate alone, works slower but certainly does a better job. All are certainly a better alternative than swathing. Swathed some barley 16 days ago, still laying there not dry fml!

Do you remember when fertilizer prices were linked to the price of natural gas....because it was the main input for nitrogen fertilizer?

Well natural gas has been basically been given away for years now. ...

Now the excuse is the price at NOLA...well we are self sufficient in nitrogen ...as a matter of fact we export it to the northern tier states....it doesn't need a fake trip to NOLA to add 200 a tonne....

Potash is cheaper in India than it is 90 minutes from the plant it's made at Belle Plaine ....now the excuse is they buy big volumes...

Production costs at a potash plant are probably at 200 a tonne ...the rest is gouging....

Urea production costs are probably lower yet....full out gouging....

No one reviews these things....

And yet as a primary producer I can't charge back my production costs....

As an aside comment....when the Westons were price fixing bread prices they were making billions off western Canadian farms....they made all their costs back on a loaf plus profit plus they decided they needed a little extra...no fine....because they admitted it....

Every industry has taken a page from that playbook. ....

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                          Someone please post when you hear what they are going to do about our issues.

Agristability
                          Trade losses that apparently might not be lost at all grain cos are sending pulses and canola to China via other countries. What price are they getting? What volume?
                          Seed tax
                          Foreign ownership
                          Input costs
                          Crop insurance
                          As far as I'm concerned a barn should be as secure as a vault. With the traceability concerns and fear over safe food supply this should be automatic Reply With Quote

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...