• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone talked to their candidates????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllisWD45 View Post
    In Yorkton Melville. The Conservative incumbent no idea who she is no public engagements knows she is in for sure. The NDP and Greens not a factor the PPC candidate seems a nice young man from near Saskatoon . He is a potash mine worker no clue about agriculture and to date the Liberals have no candidate.So not much to engage with we will have a back bench rider who we won't see until the next election.
    Clearly you don't get off Agriville enough. Your MP is Cathay Waganthall. She gets out lots. I see her regularly and I don't get out that much myself. Most recently I saw her at the Yorkton Research Station tour. She's been to events in Buchanan - if she comes to our little two bit village which is full of old CCF supporters I can guarantee you she gets out A LOT.

The problem with being a Conservative is you have to go round telling people there's no free lunch. Just in the last 30 minutes CTV has had Jughead and Skippy on telling me about all the free stuff they're going to give me. Skippy has made all the requisite Harper references and just ducked a question about whether his government would EVER balance a budget.

Comment

All I have heard from my conservative candidate is " that is a good point" or " good question" or " that is a valid comment"

Phrases meaning he knows nothing and will do nothing about the concerns I raised...he will be elected by default or basically acclamation....

I remember asking my former MP about the fact that the exchange in Winnipeg wasn't being used ...he replied by saying " you should use it" UH HUH ....everyone in the industry..end users , graincos and farmers.... has to be using it to make it functional was my reply otherwise it can't work...and eventually WCE didn't exist....

The market works in the states because all participants in the industry uses the exchange...Plus there are checks and balances like mandatory sales reports and the like to keep people wanting to participate...

And if all else fails in the states the government will throw 30 billion dollars to make farmers keep producing to keep the market participants involved in the exchanges..

It can't work in Canada because the components above do not exist...

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
        Clearly you don't get off Agriville enough. Your MP is Cathay Waganthall. She gets out lots. I see her regularly and I don't get out that much myself. Most recently I saw her at the Yorkton Research Station tour. She's been to events in Buchanan - if she comes to our little two bit village which is full of old CCF supporters I can guarantee you she gets out A LOT.

The problem with being a Conservative is you have to go round telling people there's no free lunch. Just in the last 30 minutes CTV has had Jughead and Skippy on telling me about all the free stuff they're going to give me. Skippy has made all the requisite Harper references and just ducked a question about whether his government would EVER balance a budget.
        Well not from there but I ve never heard of her before other than a friend that farms near Yorktown said did I ever hear the bag of hammers phrase regarding her knowledge of agriculture?

The problem with conservatives is they pick and chose where they want to be conservative.

If we want improvements to the ag programs are you saying they aren’t the party to vote for? Because they’ve been conservative with anything that meant assistance for farmers yet I hear on the radio every day mr cheer trying to keep up with truduea in spending money to buy votes.

Same thing provincially neither of them are the voice or the supporters of ag in ag it’s do it on your own gov shouldn’t be involved yet they are heavily involved in other things.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          Well not from there but I ve never heard of her before other than a friend that farms near Yorktown said did I ever hear the bag of hammers phrase regarding her knowledge of agriculture?

The problem with conservatives is they pick and chose where they want to be conservative.

If we want improvements to the ag programs are you saying they aren’t the party to vote for? Because they’ve been conservative with anything that meant assistance for farmers yet I hear on the radio every day mr cheer trying to keep up with truduea in spending money to buy votes.

Same thing provincially neither of them are the voice or the supporters of ag in ag it’s do it on your own gov shouldn’t be involved yet they are heavily involved in other things.

They are heavily involved in finding board seats or an income stream along with with their gold-plated pension after they decide to retire ....they learnt that from from their mentor Brad Wall....

Best is when they say they want to spend time with their family ....its a crock of shit ...Wall's family are adults or at a point where they don't want to spend time with him....and he's gone doing the board thing or creating some Buffalo Project......

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.