• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$8 Bu for #1 Durum

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$8 Bu for #1 Durum

I see on Johnstons Daily email today there is $8 bu offers for #1 Durum

I see the price spreads are getting bigger for Durum now. Last couple of years there was hardly any difference in price from 1 to feed.

Now #1 is $7 + and #3 is $5.90

Was planning on hauling quite a bit of durum
    Off the combine but thinking now might pay to hold on to it for a while

Yea all kinda problems when harvest happy hour didnt get here in time , lol
    $3 oats , $10 canola , $.30 canary , etc.
    What a ****ing game
    Last edited by caseih; Sep 17, 2019, 05:53.

Comment

Hopefully the price grows faster than the sprouts in our standing durum. Another 1” of rain now starting Thursday.

Comment

Sadly it is not showing up where the cheques are always good....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Sadly it is not showing up where the cheques are always good....
          What do you do about it? Ask them if they are licensed and bonded through the Canadian grain commission?

Then, just deliver it and hope they pay you?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
            What do you do about it? Ask them if they are licensed and bonded through the Canadian grain commission?

Then, just deliver it and hope they pay you?
            Why would it matter if they were bonded by the CGC....that's no guarantee. ...Viterra sent out a letter about their ILTA purchase but grain settlements for previous owners remain with ILTA. So while the lenders get some money ...farmers are left with SFA....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Why would it matter if they were bonded by the CGC....that's no guarantee. ...Viterra sent out a letter about their ILTA purchase but grain settlements for previous owners remain with ILTA. So while the lenders get some money ...farmers are left with SFA....
              Farmers at least will receive 90%. Lenders maybe 50% and i think that is on the high side.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                Farmers at least will receive 90%. Lenders maybe 50% and i think that is on the high side.
                Sure and who's money is going to pay that 90%....

CGC is still auditing the bond FFS....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.