• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A interesting tweet from a indigenous friend

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I’ve got an interesting book on women being committed but it was the 18th or 19th century, not this recent.

It’s the book where I learned that the Latin word hestero means pertaining to the uterus, which is why we have hysterectomies. It’s also why it’s called hysteria because women who were mentally ill were obviously crazy just because they have a uterus 😂 If we act hysterical it’s also because of our wombs.

Those women most likely did have genetic conditions, or some form of trauma in some of the stories. It’s mind boggling how institutions treated them though. Much better off having mental issues now, that’s for sure. Go in with a panic attack and come out with a lobotomy and a hysterectomy back then! Which certainly wouldn’t help you function well.
    Last edited by Blaithin; May 9, 2023, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
      Yeah, I’ve got an interesting book on women being committed but it was the 18th or 19th century, not this recent.

It’s the book where I learned that the Latin word hestero means pertaining to the uterus, which is why we have hysterectomies. It’s also why it’s called hysteria because women who were mentally ill were obviously crazy just because they have a uterus 😂 If we act hysterical it’s also because of our wombs.

Those women most likely did have genetic conditions, or some form of trauma in some of the stories. It’s mind boggling how institutions treated them though. Much better off having mental issues now, that’s for sure. Go in with a panic attack and come out with a lobotomy and a hysterectomy back then! Which certainly wouldn’t help you function well.
      Careful, you are sounding woke.

Comment

There's not much about the medical system or dental system back in the good old days which I would want to trade for.

And even worse for a female.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
          Careful, you are sounding woke.
          Agstar don’t confuse an interest in reading and learning about topics and discussing them civilly as being “woke”.

Comment

Agstar don’t confuse an interest in reading and learning about topics and discussing them civilly as being “woke”.
            Almost anything to do do with discussing or questioning the old order has been villified as woke on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              Almost anything to do do with discussing or questioning the old order has been villified as woke on this site.
              Yes I’m sure everyone here is very pro lobotomy as a medical treatment.

They also burn and stone and float test witches on the third Wednesday of every month.

And nobody works on Sunday.

And they all use reeds on their floors to keep their houses smelling fresh.

Comment

Yes I’m sure everyone here is very pro lobotomy as a medical treatment.

They also burn and stone and float test witches on the third Wednesday of every month.

And nobody works on Sunday.

And they all use reeds on their floors to keep their houses smelling fresh.
                And party lines, dont forget to accuse us all of using party lines.

Comment

And back in those good old days, there would have existed the equivalent of agstar and chuck who would have justified the lobotomies, hysterectomies, eugenucs, blood letting, sacrificing virgins, burning witches etc. Because they believed the science. And would have vilified anyone who dared to question the settled science.
                  I wonder how many peer reviewed papera in credible scientific journals there were in support of Lobotomies?

Comment

We shall remove your uterus, to remove your crazy, and if you are against us, you are against progress and science and you’re just an imbecile and easily mislead and terrorized by those who are against hysterectomies.

Comment

We shall remove your uterus, to remove your crazy, and if you are against us, you are against progress and science and you’re just an imbecile and easily mislead and terrorized by those who are against hysterectomies.
                      And to think that this whole misunderstanding could have been avoided if only YouTube had have been around, and they would have watched the hot and crazy Matrix Video.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwjR4oj Znun-AhX2GDQIHTQpAAUQ8TV6BAgaEAI&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZF OD4xbU2nov

Comment

Yes, medicine and science are both much wiser when it comes to women’s body’s these days. They don’t try and lecture women about the most ridiculous shit ever now, or tell us that we just need to alter or suppress our hormones to be healthy.

We’ve come so far from hysterectomies to try and control women’s behaviour. Now we just get pills to suppress our ovaries instead.

I will always believe everything a doctor tells me about how my body is supposed to work. What they say makes so much sense. (It doesn’t, I’d rather apply what my vet tells me about cows)

Comment

I’m probably sounding anti woke and I’ll get to hear about that now 😂

Comment

The important thing is that you are free to believe-or not, indulge -or not. The doctor is either believing -or not. It’s just opinion.

Comment

A5, Lobotomies and blood letting compared to modern day vaccines? Huh?

You don't you think science and knowledge have advanced a bit since the good ol days of yore. LOL

So how many childhood vaccines did you get? Or were your parents antivaxers too?

And you are pretty sure none of the vaccines you got were based on reliable clinical studies and data that showed they were effective?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                                A5, Lobotomies and blood letting compared to modern day vaccines? Huh?

You don't you think science and knowledge have advanced a bit since the good ol days of yore. LOL

So how many childhood vaccines did you get? Or were your parents antivaxers too?

And you are pretty sure none of the vaccines you got were based on reliable clinical studies and data that showed they were effective?
                                Do you need things explained to you in small words?

He wasn’t comparing lobotomies to vaccines. He was comparing how people felt lobotomies would cure all issues and were necessary and not damaging, well worth the risks, much like how some feel about all vaccines.

It hasn’t advanced nearly as far as you’d like to think. Just now instead of saying the ones practicing the medicine are disciples of the devil, it’s the ones who question it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.