• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you screwed up this year?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hear about your pup, furrowtickler.

Yeah Marketing. didn't pre-sell enough '23 crop. content with the average on '22 crop though.

prebought too much fertilizer.

used a spin spreader to play around with nitrogen rates in wheat on pulse stubble. The damn thing was applying at double the rate because the gate was an inch open when the gauge said it was closed. So the rate was wayyy off. We usually apply 100-110lb N, I've got some strips that are 140lb applied plus whatever the N credit from the pulses are. Will be peeling that off the ground.

All told, a pretty good seeding season though.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Not grabbing those $175/ac rents
      Here I was thinking 40 dollar rent….

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
        sorry to hear about your pup, furrowtickler.

Yeah Marketing. didn't pre-sell enough '23 crop. content with the average on '22 crop though.

prebought too much fertilizer.

used a spin spreader to play around with nitrogen rates in wheat on pulse stubble. The damn thing was applying at double the rate because the gate was an inch open when the gauge said it was closed. So the rate was wayyy off. We usually apply 100-110lb N, I've got some strips that are 140lb applied plus whatever the N credit from the pulses are. Will be peeling that off the ground.

All told, a pretty good seeding season though.
        Manipulator willfix it
        Protein will be high

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
          Teaching no. 1 son to seed. He seeded a 20 acre field and never turned the monitor on.
          He recognized that the 20 acres needed some tillage. Smart kid!!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            Manipulator willfix it
            Protein will be high
            I'm debating manipulator......

it's strips in the field, 30ac total

goal was to get a handle on whether it makes sense to cut N rate after a good pulse crop

manipulator throws another variable into it

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Tried to plant in corn plots today before rain after the seed rollers on the new drill would not work
              Well I turned that into a circus .
              Went and picked up my ole JD planter yesterday from a buddy I sold it too 5 years ago
              Blew a wheel bearing hub on way home , thank goodness I know the odd guy . I pulled into a guys yard i know very well and got beside his shop on nice cement pad . Got wheel off , took back to shop , cleaned out all the grease and old bearing shrapnel out of hub , got all new bearings and such , put back together but the hub got wore on one end . So jimmy rigged it so seal would set with JB weld , let sit 5 hours and got er back together and home 12 hours later .. 3 hour job 🙄
              Well went to plant corn plots this morning, all planned out before rain …. Well dam meeter chain broke in the first 100 yards , rain comin , got that fixed , JD sucks with odd size bearings and chains BTW
              Got 3 plots in , realized the planter not going in the ground on unworked canola stubble consistently enough… at all. Harrowed last fall but ground way to firm and still too much trash
              Rain comin
              Well , went and got the coulter harrow to try to work the rest of the stubble to finish plots
              Well that was no good , so had to go to plan F , Fak it , and till the whole plot and have to re plant plots , then it rained .
              Love the rain but never rush to do a job half assed ….. just a train wreck .
              Then honesty, not even kidding , after I got home , my ole dog had to be put down , she been sick a few days but at 12 years old , the vet came out and said sorry .
              Just finished burying her an hour ago .😞
              Supper glad for the rain , but a frustrating, sad day .
              When I *** things up , I *** them up good
              Thankfully for an awesome rain for this whole area though 👍👍
              I hope everyone’s day was better than mine lol

I swear I could literally write a country song Tonight 😵*💫
              Sorry to hear about your dog. We put ours down two years ago. Still find myself looking for him when I come home sometimes.

Best friend ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                So the rate was wayyy off. We usually apply 100-110lb N, I've got some strips that are 140lb applied plus whatever the N credit from the pulses are. Will be peeling that off the ground.
                We put 120 lbs N down on pea stubble in 2020. Only place it lodged was where it was triple seeded. Maybe an area the size of the air seeder. Almost triple digit yield on the wheatland. If ur growing older or taller variety, may be an issue.

Comment

Things when fairly well this year, always takes me a while to figure how things work from the previous year but usually have everything running smoothly just before I'm finished. And I can't figure how parts break just sitting there over winter?
                  I did have the hydraulic lines to the fan reversed, so the fan was running backwards. Took me a while to figure that one out and then the flow was turned down. I can see now the first rows are a bit heavy in the middle and sparse at the ends. It always amazes me that everything works out as well as it does and the stuff even comes up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.