• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emergency evaluations…

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great way to push climate agenda in an oil producing province ….

Not once in the article does it mention arsonists

Comment

Their phucking agenda, real or instigated, playing into the FEAR of 1.5C! End of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        RCMP are make several arrests on arsonists in Alberta . Hopefully they lock them in prison for a long time .
        Do you have a link or just word or mouth?

Arson is always around so one could presume it would result in the odd fire in these conditions. I have seen reports from the RCMP saying there’s no evidence of widespread arson in their investigations so far. While I agree arsonists should be locked up and fined through the wazoo, I’m hesitant to insinuate they’re a driving factor in current fires.

The driving force is most likely stupidity.

When the smoke was moving in last week you could smell it Monday night before it appeared on Tuesday. A coworker said he couldn’t tell if his neighbour was having a campfire or if the smoke was there. We’ve been in a total fire ban for weeks and his first thought was campfire…

Don’t underestimate the power of stupidity when it comes to fires starting.

Comment

Exactly. No one considers the population difference over time. It has been dry many times before.
          The big difference over time is people.
          The more people, the more fuel in the bush as we're living in it putting small fires out.
          Also, the more people, the more human caused fires through activities.
          Our population has doubled in my time.
          Double the campfires, ATVs and cigarettes. There's the anthropogenic causes no one sees. Only Armageddon climate change. Even the term is moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
            Do you have a link or just word or mouth?

Arson is always around so one could presume it would result in the odd fire in these conditions. I have seen reports from the RCMP saying there’s no evidence of widespread arson in their investigations so far. While I agree arsonists should be locked up and fined through the wazoo, I’m hesitant to insinuate they’re a driving factor in current fires.

The driving force is most likely stupidity.

When the smoke was moving in last week you could smell it Monday night before it appeared on Tuesday. A coworker said he couldn’t tell if his neighbour was having a campfire or if the smoke was there. We’ve been in a total fire ban for weeks and his first thought was campfire…

Comment

Don’t under estimate the stupidity of those starting these fires intentionally . Happened just north of here as well . 3 arrested so far

Comment

There are literally dozens of these incidents in conjunction with the fires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wbm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	775096

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  There are literally dozens of these incidents in conjunction with the fires.

[ATTACH]12616[/ATTACH]
                  I’ve seen maybe a half dozen arsonists referenced, although some do multiple fires.

Meanwhile there have been 518 fires in the province so far this year.

Even if there were literally dozens of incidents, it’s nowhere near relevant to the scale of what’s going on.

The graph trying to relate fires to election years is interesting because it’s got hardly any fires during Covid. Could show a correlation to how big of an impact people in general have, although you’d think the industry related fires would have still been there.

Comment

I’ve seen maybe a half dozen arsonists referenced, although some do multiple fires.

Meanwhile there have been 518 fires in the province so far this year.

Even if there were literally dozens of incidents, it’s nowhere near relevant to the scale of what’s going on.

The graph trying to relate fires to election years is interesting because it’s got hardly any fires during Covid. Could show a correlation to how big of an impact people in general have, although you’d think the industry related fires would have still been there.
                    In the covid spring of 2020, it rained every day here. Couldn't have started a fire on a bet.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      In the covid spring of 2020, it rained every day here. Couldn't have started a fire on a bet.
                      That’s the other thing that graph doesn’t show, weather and temperatures. Or acres burnt. Would all be valuable information if someone really wanted to prove the last 3-4 elections caused a spike in fires, for whatever reason.

Comment

I went and found the graph. It actually does show hectares burnt, not number of fires like I was recalling.

Which I’m not sure proves much. The Ft Mac fire burnt over 589,000 hectares which means most of 2016s numbers are just one fire. Large hectare numbers doesn’t necessarily mean a lot of fires.

Comment

Wow, good job Blaithin

Comment

I went and found the graph. It actually does show hectares burnt, not number of fires like I was recalling.

Which I’m not sure proves much. The Ft Mac fire burnt over 589,000 hectares which means most of 2016s numbers are just one fire. Large hectare numbers doesn’t necessarily mean a lot of fires.

Seen that yesterday
                            Election fires lol

Comment

Would be interesting to see that graph compared to arrests of arsonists involved .
                              Yes a lot are “natural” but don’t ever discount arsonists for a different cause , it’s real .
                              Is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                Would be interesting to see that graph compared to arrests of arsonists involved .
                                Yes a lot are “natural” but don’t ever discount arsonists for a different cause , it’s real .
                                Is what it is
                                I wouldn’t say most are natural, most are likely human caused. Just arson is a tiny fraction of human causes.

Wasn’t the one year it was a firefighter setting them so he could put them out?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.