• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday crop report on a Thursday

Good morning seeding is in full swing in the Se part of Sask and East central. North and west side is way further advanced and some are heading for home plate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4777.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	780448
    The snow and rain events this spring on the Se corner are good for moisture bad for seeding.

We should get to 1/4 done by tonight.

Provincially I would say over 1/3 done.

Crop Report.

All lentils and peas are seeded, most rolled nothing up.

Most Barley is seeded. Less than other years?

Wheat is going in on the east side and some Canola has started to be seeded.

Early wheat muddled in is just coming up.

Still odd road has snow.

Warm temps are coming back and the last low pressure was a joke for rain.

Moisture on west and north sides is good for germ but rains are needed, East central and SE need the heat to dry up the land.

Cool temps tonight might bite a few early canola seedlings.

Guys we’re spraying harrowing pro till stone picking and seeding in our area. We’re full on seeding now. Since Saturday.

Stay safe and have fun. We’re bringing life to rural Saskatchewan.

Oh supposedly a shortage in phos. So you pay just as much now as the guys in fall.

Smoky yesterday.

Name:	IMG_4833.jpg
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	780447

Hahaha of course theres a " shortage" every year theres a shortage on something. Getting to finishing up our canola with a planter and not even going to bother with liquid phos. Twice the price of dry and soil temps are toasty warm. Plus with soils being so dry up here on northern alberta the risk of both fert burn and salt burn is much higher than in previous years.
    Phos rates recommended by our retailers are a fantastic scam...
    Phos shortage... pfffffttttt.

Comment

i agree it’s a joke like the whole fert industry

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
        Hahaha of course theres a " shortage" every year theres a shortage on something. Getting to finishing up our canola with a planter and not even going to bother with liquid phos. Twice the price of dry and soil temps are toasty warm. Plus with soils being so dry up here on northern alberta the risk of both fert burn and salt burn is much higher than in previous years.
        Phos rates recommended by our retailers are a fantastic scam...
        Phos shortage... pfffffttttt.
        Agree for sure on the salt index and dry soils . Leads to very exaggerated weak canola emergence and possible crop injury . Seen it many times over the years
        A lot of poor emergence in dry years is blamed on everything but this issue, especially from fertilizer dealers and agronomists tgat push high fertility in canola
        Last edited by furrowtickler; May 18, 2023, 06:11.

Comment

One of the most dramatic situations I seen over the years ….

One plugged fertilizer run every 72 ft was the only canola that lived after herbicide application

I would be very careful with canola , dry soils and high salt index fertilizers
          Last edited by furrowtickler; May 18, 2023, 06:07.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            One of the most dramatic situations I seen over the years ….

One plugged fertilizer run every 72 ft was the only canola that lived after herbicide application

I would be very careful with canola , dry soils and high salt index fertilizers
            Whoa, what are we actually looking at here?,,, Houston, we have a problem.

Comment

Enjoy your inflation Canada and your recession. Man we have some dumb people in this country.

Name:	rn.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	775081

Comment

Our area is about 1/3 finished, still peas and lentils going in.We will finish peas today then start wheat.We are losing 10 -20% due to mud. On 4000 ac. thats 600ac. of prime soil that wont get seeded.Oh well bin space wont be an issue.Tandem went down in field but only about two foot, still frost.

Comment

booze ban is off in prov parks.

we’re seeding so doesn’t matter.

Comment

Shortage of phos is due to the public disservice strike as shipments were delayed crossing border. Paid $850 for urea and $1350 for phos for my canola blend yesterday morning at independent retailer. Urea cheaper than a couple weeks ago but phos more expensive. We had a ground pounder with follow up showers last week so moisture not bad. Nearby some places have only had shit showers in May so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      Shortage of phos is due to the public disservice strike as shipments were delayed crossing border. Paid $850 for urea and $1350 for phos for my canola blend yesterday morning at independent retailer. Urea cheaper than a couple weeks ago but phos more expensive. We had a ground pounder with follow up showers last week so moisture not bad. Nearby some places have only had shit showers in May so far.
                      Did you try ADM at Picture Butte?
                      Showing 740 (46-0-0) and 1120 for phos (11-52) ...May pickup -
                      Or too far south?

Comment

Apparently near zero phos left on NW Sask
                        Guys are in panic mode , seeding canola , ground getting drier every day . Some are shutting down seeding to wait but long weekend coming up . If you wait 4-5 days without rain there will be no moisture for canola . Not a good situation

Comment

ZERO forecast for Regina tonight, that means minus 5 in the Wascana Flats. Very little seeded and definitely nothing is up far as I could see.

Comment

Grass getting that crispy sound when walk across the yard.
                            Won't be good if we get near 30c.

Comment

Name:	94E9A78B-1C64-4754-BF5A-BF9AD900952A.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	775084
                              First wheat 2 weeks
                              Area about 80-90% done

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.