• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emergency evaluations…

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that the Edson Hospital is reopened today… but may have to be evacuated again next weekend.

The peat bogs are a complete nightmare…. Except for Evansberg the power infrastructure is mostly in tact… Edson supplies Hinton and Jasper electricity.

Concrete or steel power poles should be mandatory. This becomes even more critical as everything becomes electrocuted… it is suicidal to not have fossil fuels power emergency equipment.

My sister is tending many neighbors livestock and farmsteads… the private fire fighters saved $100’s of Millions of losses… generally the voluntary fire fighters were allowed to work when they had the resources to fight the fires.

The ashes are a huge problem… they can be live fire and travel for miles if the wind is blowing and humidity is low.

Edson airport is the alternative for Edmonton if it gets bombed… so has very good infrastructure to support the air water bombers.

Alberta is very short on air fire fighting equipment… Quebec is lending us equipment now.

The crack druggies are a big problem with farm equipment theft… parking doing campfires… stealing copper from oil and gas facilities and farms.

Our crazy civilization is going on drugs and has no ethical backstop… God help us if the new green deal actually gets implemented.

Praying for rain, mercy, and wisdom for all those in danger… Victims and all fighting this unending battle… fire , drought…and peat bogs are a recipe for pain, suffering and the perfect inferno conditions.

Blessings, Praying for safety, mercy and grace… they got about a quarter of an inch of rain… which won’t last long… God have mercy on us!

Comment

Praying for rain for all of Alberta Tom, feel for you

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
        purely obsessed with Danelle Smyth , likely dreaming about her every night !
        This is progress. Remember when he used to be obsessed with Donald Trump, and before that with Stephen Harper?
        Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

in fairness she is far better looking than the other option Rachel ! pastor Art calls Rachel the wicked witch of the west ! recently watched a vid of CBC giving him an interview just after his last time in court , was very intertaining , dont think CBC published much of what he said tho !

Comment

Why does it matter what they look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
              Why does it matter what they look like.
              That is an excellent question for all of the media and voters who have been fawning over Trudeau all these years.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 10, 2023, 19:51.

Comment

It could also be directed to those who criticize his looks…

Comment

So I see nobody came up with an answer to my questions. Instead we get the usual juvenile distractions.

It must be a fun and interesting job running an Alberta county when a significant portion of the residents don't believe governments have any authority! LOL

And Danny Smith nor any other politicians are talking about taking away mandatory evacuation powers in the face of fire or floods in Emergency Management Act.

So that shows that the fringe view that governments don't have the authority to enforce mandatory evacuations in the interest of public safety doesn't have any significant support.

One county official on the news said they can let residents go back to some communities, but if things take a turn for the worse there is no guarantee they will be able to provide rescue or fire fighting resources in every community.

And if the worst happens and some people lose their lives authorities will probably be blamed for not doing enough.
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; May 11, 2023, 07:36.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

And if the worst happens and some people lose their lives authorities will probably be blamed for not doing enough.
                    Now there is something we can agree on. Those decision makers have a very thankless job, with everything on the line. And when something inevitably goes wrong, they will be blamed no matter what outcome and which decision they took. It is easy to be Monday morning quarterback when we aren't the ones who will be blamed if someone dies.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      So I see nobody came up with an answer to my questions. Instead we get the usual juvenile distractions.
                      Did you ask questions? All I see is you popping in with a handful of posts that seem entirely rhetorical in a crowd of people that you have trained to ignore you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                        Did you ask questions? All I see is you popping in with a handful of posts that seem entirely rhetorical in a crowd of people that you have trained to ignore you.
                        That is the post of the month! Good job

Comment

I sure get a lot of responses and push back for a guy being ignored! LOL

The evacuees in some counties west of Edmonton won't be going back home untill at least a week because the fires are not under control and hot a dry weather is returning. Residents will justifiably be unhappy.

But residents elect their county councilors and reeves from the communities they serve and the counties are the ones that are declaring states of emergencies and mandatory evacuations.

So if the mandatory evacuations aren't needed, why are the councilors and reeves from the very communities supporting them?

Comment

have you any new report on Danny for us ?

Comment

Some of the evacuees are blaming the provincial and county governments for not providing enough fire fighting resources. No surprise there. There is never enough in a crisis.

Its gotta be the UCPs and Danny Smith's fault don't you think?

That wont be good for Danny's election hopes. But since Calgary is not on fire maybe it wont matter.

So what is wrong with all those county reeves and councilors who don't agree with the anti government types who don't support mandatory evacuations and emergency maesures?

Where is the anti government revolution so many of you talk about and want in rural Alberta?

Comment

Perhaps he has taken his obsession of the premier to a whole new level of stalking. Did anyone recognize Chuck's face amongst the protesters who crashed Danielle Smith's speech yesterday?
                                Because I would really be jealous if he came all the way to Alberta to stalk the premier, and didn't even stop by to stalk me in person. We were rained out after all, I had the time.
                                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 12, 2023, 11:56.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.