• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banking failure

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This tweet from the author of "Rich Dad Poor Dad" . Errol what do you think? I know you hate gold are we getting close to the time to buy gold?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230313_102854_Twitter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	774707

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      This tweet from the author of "Rich Dad Poor Dad" . Errol what do you think? I know you hate gold are we getting close to the time to buy gold?
      You already own gold in your farm land. Far more valuable.

And will become more so once the USD fiat hegemony is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        You already own gold in your farm land. Far more valuable.

And will become more so once the USD fiat hegemony is broken.
        Not much farmland fits in my pocket. All land in Canada is crown land, they are the land owner, we hold title in fee simple of the Crown. Unless a person goes through the formal process of claiming alloidial title of the original land patent on file at ISC for about 70% of all parcels. Then just maybe you will have a leg to stand on. However if you have a mortgage forget it. Mortgage in Latin loosely translates to 'Death Grip'. In such a challenging situation nationalization for the greater good will be pushed. Look how easy the populace was convinced to give up their most fundamental right of bodily autonomy with the jab mandates. 'Rich' farmers with large land holdings will be easy targets.

If not tell me what will you accept for your grain when banks and the dollar are defunct?
        Last edited by biglentil; Mar 13, 2023, 11:39.

Comment

If not tell me what will you accept for your grain when banks and the dollar are defunct?
          Better question, what will the starving hordes be using to buy with.

Govt is gonna have to rewrite the dominion lands act of 1872 to get that home quarter out of your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Better question, what will the starving hordes be using to buy with.

Govt is gonna have to rewrite the dominion lands act of 1872 to get that home quarter out of your hands.

Yes the Sask homestead protection act does protect your home quarter in the event of a bankruptcy if those rights have not been signed away.

During Weimer Germany's hyperinflationary period they used pm's, old jewelry, French Francs and other foreign currency. Most every household had a garden and people were generally much more self sufficient than today. There might not be the life raft of foreign currency in a world of fiat this time around. In Venezuela today trading in gold flakes is very common with most every little shop having a small scale.

Comment

You can hear what Biden secretly thinks is happening.

https://twitter.com/okeefe_reborn/st...61101494636548

Weird how Biden sounds coherent during a secret recording. Real or AI fakery. Who knows.
              Last edited by jazz; Mar 13, 2023, 13:29.

Comment

Biden: “Your deposits are safe.”

Also Biden: “You are not going to get COVID if you get the vaccine. It’s safe and effective.”

Comment

I don't understand the fascination with Gold, especially the physical; however, any investment should be considered relative to alternatives.

We can argue that there is no alternative to Gold, but I won't engage in a debate on this forum.

Of course, there is a lot of chatter about banks, gold and cryptocurrencies.

I prefer the utility of Bitcoin to Gold and pay little attention to the other cryptos.

This BTC/Gold chart is an updated version of what has likely been previously presented on Agriville. It was published in one of my newsletters.

A background:

Buddy is a bit of a gold bug and invests in the physical.

On October 27, 2021, he asked if he should own BTC or Gold.

I presented this chart showing my Own BTC/ Own Gold Levels.

At that time, the green line I where I would decide to own one or the other.

The green line represented the level where I anticipated one would outperform the other.

Since then, Gold has outperformed BTC.

The charts below demonstrate why it is prudent to understand your timeframe and not fall in love with your investment thesis.

Name:	BTCUSD_GOLD_2023-03-13_14-50-29.jpg
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	774712

Name:	BTCUSD_GOLD_2023-03-13_14-52-12.jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	774713

Bitcoin has outperformed Gold since its inception; however, it has not been in a straight line.

Will that continue?

Maybe

Comment

[ATTACH]12159[/ATTACH]
                    Gold prices may sprint higher near-term on fear. But commodity prices generally are in-trouble. Inflation is one dead horse. Gold rallies won’t hold (IMO).

King oil may get crushed. King corn will be a drag on the grain markets heading into weather season.

Can I say arrogance and The Fed in the same sentence? Is the Fed actually going to hike rates now? Inflation is not the problem, rising out-of-control debt loads are the problem. Raising rates makes this situation worse. And the Fed is made up of about 1,000 PhDs. Good grief . . . .

And this stock market rescue plan is nothing but a load-of-crap. The bear market realistically hasn’t even started yet, but media tells us it’s already over. The banking industry is in serious trouble, (no matter how it is masked) and the Fed is making it worse.

A year from now, there may be many corporate carcasses to bury, but refreshing new names on block buying companies pennies-on-the-dollar.

My apologies for sounding so cranky, but this situation is getting worse because those in-control will not look in the mirror at-reality.
                    Last edited by errolanderson; Mar 13, 2023, 16:17.

Comment

the difference between owning gold/silver and land in my mind is that metals may be have edge in inflation but you only get one chance to sell it, then it is gone. Land is a producing asset that will always keep producing something. Governemts can take land away and they can also make personal gold illegal. i don't know what the answer is but it is always better to have some money than to not have any money. been through that before, don't really want to do it again.

Economists are put on earth to make weather forecasters look good...

Comment

errol, the big banks are going to be a buy here somewhere. All the deposits that got out of SVB et al, and all the ones that will be covered by the fed will now be moving to Chase and JPM etc. who are much better capitalized.

People also took their deposits and put them in stocks and crypto and gold miners today.

Takes a lot of pain before people go to the mattress.

Comment

Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Time will tell
                            This is BS (IMO). And Canada’s banks are not isolated from themselves. The banking industry was already going under fire before anyone heard of SVB.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Time will tell
                              Notice how there is real investment planned for the Alberta economy: McCain's, and fake investment planned for ontariowe: battery plant. How much you want to bet there are major fed subsidies going into that battery plant? McCain's designed their Coaldale plant to accommodate expansion when they built originally, but it has taken 20 years to make that a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
                                So hitting the postharvest highs in wheat and durum and post Christmas highs in canola wasn't as good an idea as I hoped. Bins are empty....
                                Sounds like several Posters on Agriville would like to be in your position right now.

Go read the wheat thread that just got started, Poster's are hoping for somewhere else in the world to suffer major hardships in order to get a second chance at record wheat prices.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.