• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good morning it's been a damp week for us not really wet with decent rain but 1/10 type showers.

We hit 42% done today but on the provincial side, they will be talking 78% done then all we will hear on the news is harvest is done as the east side hits the halfway mark.

Most farmers are waiting for crops to be fit to harvest, dry down takes 14 days in most years and lots are at Day 7 after spraying.

Crop Report.

HRS is reaching the point where most are almost done harvesting Wheat. We switch halfway with the second drill to canola and finish wheat with just one drill so were at the halfway mark, waiting for the last push. Most are a little disappointed with yields since it rained almost every week an inch or more all growing season. Some varieties just can't do it and have a top yield that's lower than others. Our Starbucks has shown to be up there with Brandon or better. But you will harvest one half then move and the yield is 5 to 10 lower and then move again and it's 5 to 10 higher than the first. Ergot is a problem in the area and they are watching every load. Protein seems to be up there in the 13.5 to 15.6 range. Yields are 50 to 85 in the area. Some lower some higher.

Durum won't hit the top grade because of Fuzz but the yield was very strong in our area. Durum likes rain and doesn't.

Barley did very well in our area and most are harvested. Later was only a slightly higher yield but all are still making malt from conversations I have with other farmers. Ours gets shipped on the first train to the Coast.
    80 to 110 is the range.

Peas are all harvested and either shipped or guys are waiting for a better price since the offered price nose-dived from $14 to 11 real fast.

Lentils all I am hearing is they were the shits. Rain and lentils don't work.

Flax none has been harvested as of today.

Canary did very well in the area even the guys that don't put much input had an ok crop. The big hitters did very well.

Canola harvest is just starting in our area a few swath fields have been started and very few standing have been done. Yields are a pleasant surprise so far but we haven't got into the better varieties and fields that had no hail. I'm thinking the area average could be in the 54 BPA average with some farms hitting top yields. Some fields are just rank-thick. Still getting reports from other areas that yields weren't that strong, the heat did take and abort flowers plus the nights were too hot to recover. Canola doesn't do well in dry areas. I'm sticking with my last prediction on overall totals. Too many calls coming in that it just didn't do it. it.

Most cattle farmers are picking bales moving livestock and getting ready for winter. Pastures in some cases are still good others are just about done for the year.

It looks like tonight and tomorrow we will get rain again so it's off to hopefully get a half section or better done today.

Stay safe and remember it's only a crop that they are fighting like hell to take from you.

Oh **** off Fertilizer companies your nothing but crooks making up BS every day.

Frost here last night. Should be a stretch of good weather after this.

Comment

NE sask was probably the coldest for 5 hours or more.

we were -1 at 4:45 for 15 min all stations show.

all our fields have been fall sprayed since monday.

Comment

Nice line of machines!
        Nice looking crop

Comment

Nothing done since last Tuesday here. Half an inch last Wednesday. Three quarter inch Monday and Tuesday. Area maybe 50% done, most cereals are off. With this kind of weather all bets are off whether swathed canola or standing will win the race. Standing cereals sure will.

Picked all the tomatoes last night, covered the remaining susceptible plants. Brought in the special flower pots. Looks like a light frost, but extremely wet so probably not a whole lot of hurt. Bee feeding starts today.

Forecast looks grand.

Comment

funny wise guy you don’t even farm do you?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Been done since Sept 1 taking it easy golfing and partying everyday now

All yields over 50 with some going 80

Canola was the big surprise probably best ever

All contracts at $ 23 a bu hauled in

Looks like another record year with many blessings !

Almost forgot

# trudeau must go !
              Hmmmmm

Comment

Almost forgot

# trudeau must go !

You make me laugh. Every single day. Thanks for bringing your crazy sense of humour (mine is the same), on here, day in day out!

Comment

More than you think !

Nothing funny about it just getting ready for a golf weekend now gonna hit 3 different courses over the next days

Timely rains, Early harvest, Great yields all contacts hauled in everything worked out this year !

Thank you !
                  You forgot, all canola was 10% moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                    You make me laugh. Every single day. Thanks for bringing your crazy sense of humour (mine is the same), on here, day in day out!
                    Yep I chuckled too lol

Comment

Almost forgot

# trudeau must go !

Good to hear you had an early harvest and huge crops Wiseguy!

I always knew you were a successfull BTO.

Where do you golf?

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                        You forgot, all canola was 10% moisture.
                        And nice and cool.

Comment

Oh the sarcasm, it can be a tricky thing lol.
                          U forgot to mention rents all paid and next year's fertilizer and chem all happily prepaid with cash!!
                          Last one done discing sloughs is a rotten egg!

3 good days left here.

Comment

Be careful Wiseguy, they cheat and may steal your balls. Don’t turn your back. Dobray Dean
                            Last edited by sumdumguy; Sep 22, 2022, 18:33.

Comment

Ok, the funny man women child is done posting good for you. Jet is waiting for me to take me south so I really don't care.

Florida is calling just a bit left to harvest.

It's a crop report.

Have a great day.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.