• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM baby duramax 1/2 ton

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM baby duramax 1/2 ton

I have had this truck a year and really like it , mileage is incredible, warms up quicker than a gas engine in winter . Awesome truck all around
    Hiway about 32 mpg at 110
    City about 26-27, usually easy 900 km on 90 litre tank
    Hardly changes pulling boat , can’t hear engine or smell it
    Really like the truck all around
    If anyone is wondering about them ?
    I was pretty appprehensive about trying one

Got one too.. best part is it doesnt mind dyed. So does my harley...skidoo..etc. haha. But honestly it is far and away the best truck ive ever owned. Super easy on gas, pulls harder than a 6.0 L gas engine in our 3/4 ton. Doesnt smell..can barely hear it.
    Just a fantastic engine.

Comment

So I take it that's the 3.0L diesel. I read an article that showed the mileage at much better than 32 mpg showing the 1500 at up to 45 mpg. Our MB 3.0 L does 7.7 L/100 or 36 mpg at 12o km/h and has lots of power and torque but the Duramax has higher torque and hp rating. I'll have to take a look at this truck and price one out as we may want to change out the SUV.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EB6A1A2C-401D-4AFB-9F18-BF1251540369.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	773612
        This was best ever on hiway with tailwind

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          [ATTACH]10835[/ATTACH]
          This was best ever on hiway with tailwind
          They are good on fuel!!

Comment

Anyone have the 3.0l in the suburban?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
              So I take it that's the 3.0L diesel. I read an article that showed the mileage at much better than 32 mpg showing the 1500 at up to 45 mpg. Our MB 3.0 L does 7.7 L/100 or 36 mpg at 12o km/h and has lots of power and torque but the Duramax has higher torque and hp rating. I'll have to take a look at this truck and price one out as we may want to change out the SUV.
              Yes 3 liter
              But this is a full size half ton with more pulling torque than a 6.2 gas
              Haven’t saw them advertised at much more than 35
              Problem is you can’t get one
              Last edited by caseih; Aug 6, 2022, 10:58.

Comment

What model and what kind?
                Can you buy them today?

Comment

This is a 21 chev RST
                  bought a year ago from Tisdale for $54k , had $15,500 discount on programming , loaded pretty good and leather , Z71 , box liner diesel ,etc
                  Best truck I have ever had hands down
                  Couple friends trying to get now , pretty near impossible
                  Just went from home to Tobin ,then to saskatoon, about 380 km, still on 3/4 tank

Comment

Oh sorry SFB , you were probably asking about the MB SUV?

Comment

That same motor must be used in lots of vehicles? Cummins?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        What model and what kind?
                        Can you buy them today?
                        It's a Mercedes ML320cdi all wheel drive. This is an 2008, so only used. But it's pre-def so that's why I have been hanging onto it, but I'm thinking I should be able to get half a million Km out of it, still looks and runs really well and easy on fuel. I like that duramax though.

Comment

It's a Mercedes ML320cdi all wheel drive. This is an 2008, so only used. But it's pre-def so that's why I have been hanging onto it, but I'm thinking I should be able to get half a million Km out of it, still looks and runs really well and easy on fuel. I like that duramax though.
                          Do you have someone you trust to fix it or do you go to the Benz dealer?

Comment

If you buy a baby Dmax be aware that at approximately 200k the tranny needs to be pulled to change the oil pump drive belt. Honestly with all the emissions crap on new diesels I wouldnt own one off warrantee. Can't delete newer ones either best to trade em in every couple years.
                            Last edited by biglentil; Aug 7, 2022, 22:41.

Comment

Did you have any air shock problems, Stormin.
                              I had a 2008 GL550 - at the end, i was buying the air shocks in bulk from Ebay...
                              replaced 7 and an air compressor.
                              for a V8 that tank got exceptional gas mileage
                              900-1000 km a tank at 120

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.