• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melanie Jolie increased grain production by 30 %

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melanie Jolie increased grain production by 30 %

Foreign Affairs Minister Jolie met with her German counterpart yesterday and announced that Canada has increased grain production by 30 % to support the Ukraine and world hunger !

I must have missed the Memo because we continued with our usual rotation and planting fence line to fence line with Direct Seeding. What is she talking about and does Madame Bibeau know about this ??

Caught part of the story yesterday too. Hard to understand her, but I thought she was suggesting the Canadian government was buying Canadian grain to give Ukraine/Europe/Africa??? If so, I think we should've heard more about it here in Saskatchewan, so I don't really know what she was yammering on about,,, she's just trying to make her government sound good.

Comment

Let’s hope that the trudeau government continues to buy at world prices and donates on behalf of all the tax payers of canada. In the past the cwb would have sold at a discount on behalf of farmers and all of canada would have taken the credit.

Comment

Just talking heads....brain not engaged...babble to sound important, smart, helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
          Let’s hope that the trudeau government continues to buy at world prices and donates on behalf of all the tax payers of canada. In the past the cwb would have sold at a discount on behalf of farmers and all of canada would have taken the credit.

The story from CTV National News / Aug 3, about the return of the Gas Turbines to Germany contains her quote "Canada has increased our grain production by 30 %". It is in the second last paragraph.

How does she make such an unrealistic statement at same time her Government is proposing to cut fertilizer use by 30 % ???

Comment

I think she's taking credit for the rain. I will double last years production on my farm, but last year we had less than half an average crop.

Comment

Madam Bobo is only vaguely aware that Saskatchewan is a province. Her knowledge of Canadian agriculture stops at supply managed Quebecois dairies. Hard as it is to imagine, Melanie Tres Jolie is even stupider than Madam Bobo. I refuse to waste my time listening to either of them, or for that matter most of Skippy's sycophant Cabinet. We're doomed.

Comment

30% over last year ?? Lol , worst drought in 20 years .
                Well , they just made themselves sound so important…… like they had something to do with that . Good lord what self important talking heads they are , wow . Not one thing the Canadian Government did at all helped , in fact if it were not for high carbon tax effecting all our inputs we would be at 40-50% higher than last year … that’s an absolute fact , liberal losers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB
                  Freehand wanted headlines as a hero as well;

Comment

A pretty stupid thing to say alright.
                    Why did she cut production last year by 50% ? brain dead

Comment

The ignorance and arrogance of this current government is simply astounding

They are literally patting themselves on the back after slamming our fertilizer usage ffs

Comment

If we ship out our domestic use production and issue ration books here we'll geter done. Better poke another hole in your belt.

Comment

Guys if the govt is actually buying Canadian grain that’s the worst thing that can happen. That’s an open door to nationalization.

We don’t want this govt anywhere near this businesss.

Comment

She just proves it’s impossible to fix stupid

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                              A pretty stupid thing to say alright.
                              Why did she cut production last year by 50% ? brain dead
                              She will need approval from the envioment minister before anything happens and we can't jeprodize our 2030 targets.

Nothing will come out of this.
                              They can't organize a pot luck at a church picnic.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.