• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side by sides

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Just pulled from surface

Anything we dug out is just fine
      Not seeing much of a rhizosphere there
      I can see remnants of the seed treatment colour so it appears you're applying a fungicide seed treatment therefore working against yourself compromising the mycorrhizal development. Have a look at this taken earlier today. Bare seed treated with multi species beneficial bacteria and fungi.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
        Not seeing much of a rhizosphere there
        I can see remnants of the seed treatment colour so it appears you're applying a fungicide seed treatment therefore working against yourself compromising the mycorrhizal development. Have a look at this taken earlier today. Bare seed treated with multi species beneficial bacteria and fungi.
        We use 1/2 rate seed treatment with a Crop Aid seed treatment nutrient that includes kelp and bacteria as well . Don’t need to be lectured on seed treatments. I know , phasing them out when we can after we get the soil back in shape .
        I will dig plants properly and show roots nice a washed too lol.
        Nice root system there, is that on your farm ? What kind of soil ? How much moisture to date ?
        Is that from you friends farm ?

Comment

Fertilizer salts not friendly in cool dry springs …

Comment

We use 1/2 rate seed treatment with a Crop Aid seed treatment nutrient that includes kelp and bacteria as well . Don’t need to be lectured on seed treatments. I know , phasing them out when we can after we get the soil back in shape .
            Nice root system there, is that on your farm ? What kind of soil ? How much moisture to date ?
            This is from a demonstration site east of Tambellup. Several 20 hectare plots with a few different things happening. Sown may 24th into good conditions, approx 50 mm in may and 65 mm rain in June.Few sprinkles in July with 5 to 10 mm coming tomorrow. Soil is a classic duplex in this region, gravelly loam with sandier areas over clay at variable depths. pH about 5.3 and 2% organic carbon.

Comment

A very smart guy once pointed out that it took thousands of years for seed coats to evolve giving them the best chance to survive and reproduce.

But we can make that better by coating them with nice shiny colored polymers to keep whatever must be applied to greatly enhance survivability.

Comment

Canola side by side , planter and drill . Moisture stress showing

Planter at 2.3 lbs left , drill at 5.5 lbs right , same variety.

Kinda hard to tell from pictures but the 5.5 lbs is now blasting top flowers and has smaller pods .

Comment

Planter

Drill

We seen the same thing but much more exaggerated last year in side by sides
                  The lower seeding rate held on about 7-10 days longer in hot and dry conditions. The higher seeding rates topped out at 15 bus / ac and the planter 24 bus / ac under very dry conditions.
                  Although much better this year we are still below 6.5 in here for the most part . Last year was about 3.6 .

Comment

Now close to 14 days with no more than 1/10
                    Stress is showing

Side by side , same variety
                    Left with planter at 2.2 lbs
                    Right with drill at 5.4 lbs

Comment

Drill ….

Planter ….

Planter canola still hanging on

Comment

Sunnies doing well by our seeding rate trials in canola

Comment

Same field. The podded canola was seeded May 12. The flowering canola was reseeded June 4. Gophers had about an acre chewed right off. Eliminated as many gophers as we could and then reseeded as an experiment.

Comment

Furrow at the start of this thread you had a picture of one crop seeded with a Bourgault, the other with a seedmaster. How do those crops look today?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              Furrow at the start of this thread you had a picture of one crop seeded with a Bourgault, the other with a seedmaster. How do those crops look today?
                              I will get some pictures now that’s it’s maturing

Will try to get head and kernel counts
                              Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 2, 2022, 09:12.

Comment

Soybean plots

Caught an inch of rain and some small hail but look unaffected.

Should fill out and have a chance to finish this year with the warm weather the next 2 weeks

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.