• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invigor 345 issues 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poplar fluff normally flies on fathers day, its just starting to get going now, ( The Fluff Report 😊) which is 7 to 10 days later than normal.

I dont have a early frost predictor, but its been a long time since a earlier than normal killing frost occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
      Poplar fluff normally flies on fathers day, its just starting to get going now, ( The Fluff Report 😊) which is 7 to 10 days later than normal.

I dont have a early frost predictor, but its been a long time since a earlier than normal killing frost occurred.
      Ya but our growing season is at least 3-4 weeks longer , dem experts says so
      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 28, 2022, 04:27.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	87D04E73-E769-4249-8E95-82A6C5B7EC92.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	773488 Pioneer P501L

Name:	DB629990-7297-4CA4-AAD5-1BB2DAD6575C.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	773489 BASF L340P
        Seeded same day
        All things equal

Comment

Name:	7B40E7E9-7667-4AFB-85DA-BEC9501D5945.jpg
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	773490only in Saskatchewan [ATTACH]10695[/ATTACH!

Comment

From real agriculture.com

BASF says it expects to know more within a couple weeks on why certain InVigor canola hybrids in Western Canada have appeared to stall in their development after emerging from the ground.

The company issued a statement late last week acknowledging it was aware of a performance issue with some InVigor varieties.

In most of the affected fields, the rate of crop emergence has not been the main problem, explains Brent Collins, head of seeds and traits for BASF in Canada, discussing the issue with RealAgriculture in the interview below.

“It’s been more the establishment. The cotyledons come out, the first and second leaves come out, and then the plants are not going on to the next phase like we normally would expect it to be,” he says.

BASF has established a dedicated team to collect data on what the affected fields may have in common.

While questions have been raised on social media about a new seed treatment used on a portion of InVigor canola this year, the company has not been able to point to or rule out any contributing factors at this point, says Collins.

“We’re certainly still in the stage where we’re collating — environmental conditions, seed, seed treatment, all the parameters you would think would need to be evaluated, and we’re still a ways off from being able to pinpoint whether it’s one contributor or perhaps a few variables involved,” he says.

The problem is not limited to one InVigor variety, he says. And geographically, it’s showing up in “very select pockets” across Western Canada. “We’re not talking a lot of acres, but when the acres are affected, obviously our growers and partners are having concerns,” he says, noting they’re optimistic the affected canola will outgrow the issue.

While InVigor varieties account for the majority of canola acres in Western Canada, Collins says he’s not able to comment on whether seed from other companies is experiencing the same challenges.

He encourages growers who think they have a problem with an InVigor variety to call BASF’s customer line at 1-877-371-2273.

“I’m hopeful that in a couple of weeks we’ll have some pretty clear trends that we’ll be able to put together,” says Collins.

Check out the interview below for from BASF’s Brent Collins on the issues observed with some canola in 2022:

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
              Did they say which varieties were affected. man these guys really screwed the pooch this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post

BASF says it expects to know more within a couple weeks on why certain InVigor canola hybrids in Western Canada have appeared to stall in their development after emerging from the ground.

The company issued a statement late last week acknowledging it was aware of a performance issue with some InVigor varieties.

In most of the affected fields, the rate of crop emergence has not been the main problem, explains Brent Collins, head of seeds and traits for BASF in Canada, discussing the issue with RealAgriculture in the interview below.

“It’s been more the establishment. The cotyledons come out, the first and second leaves come out, and then the plants are not going on to the next phase like we normally would expect it to be,” he says.

BASF has established a dedicated team to collect data on what the affected fields may have in common.

While questions have been raised on social media about a new seed treatment used on a portion of InVigor canola this year, the company has not been able to point to or rule out any contributing factors at this point, says Collins.

“We’re certainly still in the stage where we’re collating — environmental conditions, seed, seed treatment, all the parameters you would think would need to be evaluated, and we’re still a ways off from being able to pinpoint whether it’s one contributor or perhaps a few variables involved,” he says.

The problem is not limited to one InVigor variety, he says. And geographically, it’s showing up in “very select pockets” across Western Canada. “We’re not talking a lot of acres, but when the acres are affected, obviously our growers and partners are having concerns,” he says, noting they’re optimistic the affected canola will outgrow the issue.

While InVigor varieties account for the majority of canola acres in Western Canada, Collins says he’s not able to comment on whether seed from other companies is experiencing the same challenges.

He encourages growers who think they have a problem with an InVigor variety to call BASF’s customer line at 1-877-371-2273.

“I’m hopeful that in a couple of weeks we’ll have some pretty clear trends that we’ll be able to put together,” says Collins.

Check out the interview below for from BASF’s Brent Collins on the issues observed with some canola in 2022:
                I call bs on him blaming it on environmental. Perhaps it’s making these problems more apparent but there’s been some decent conditions around here and guys with invigour are complaining about their stands. Beatle pressure isn’t bad, frost hasn’t been an issue, and enough rain came in time to get everything going. Only problems I see is some seeded a bit deeper on account of last year and rains pushed it deeper and it crusted. Could’ve thrown it over your shoulder and she’d grow. BASF better get their act together. Bayer had the L150 mess years ago but seemed to fix it. Dekalb had the Truflex mess and lost sales but did the 4 for 3 sale to regain customers. I wonder if BASF gets the hint or shits in their own nest and let customers move onto other brands.

Comment

yes, so many big fellas forget "not to shit where they eat"
                  think they are untouchable
                  this liberty hoax is a perfect example
                  everyone has liberty for sale ,except the big fella

Comment

Name:	8A4B3A9B-DDF4-437D-B9DE-71DFC24D0720.jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	773501

Comment

Earlier today while we were spraying for Bugs for the 3rd time in an effort to give it what little chance it has 340 and 345 side by side same everything. We took out a 245 acre field that was worse and put it in barley 10 days ago . Probably should have done the same here. Absolutely heartsick I take such pride in my crops and to have BASF do this to us is devastating. Not a call or email since my son met with their tech rep. All she said was yes there's a problem. Next step is probably our lawyers it looks like. Huge problem not isolated like they claim I know 3 people 100 miles apart exactly the same variety exactly the same problem.
                      Last edited by mcfarms; Jun 30, 2022, 16:28.

Comment

Jeez , that is disheartening
                        Feel for you , a guy does everything right only to be kicked in n the nuts by the big fella
                        We had some (not basf) last year that turned out to be 5% germ
                        How the *** does that happen ?

Comment

That just sucks. For what we pay for seed you’d think they’d back you up but it’s becoming apparent they’re no better than a common csucker. Bite the hand that feeds. BASF will be getting out of canola seed business before they eat crow and come good. It’s a shame but some’s pride is more important. Sad when the chemical you breed the seed to be resistant to is sketchy as to its efficacy and you have to add a group 1 grass killer to finish the job, and they expect the same price as roundup ready canola seed. Even clearfield canola is as bad for cost and subpar chemical.

Comment

If you have a claim and take it out of production they are off the hook for yield loss….

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                              If you have a claim and take it out of production they are off the hook for yield loss….
                              Thanks they didn't tell us that but a friend in the industry had told us that.
                              I've never had anything like this happen in decades of farming and I frankly have no idea if BASF will own this or not. I do know I couldn't look at as many acres of that crap as I've got all summer and the field we pulled needs organic matter on it after peas 2 years ago and last year's drought.

Comment

Hello, is Tony available?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.