• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crude oil skyrocketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could the ESG loons do for an encore? I know, lets get doctors and nurses involved in energy policy. They were so great with that medical tyranny and daily shaming for covid.

LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	docs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	771786

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Maybe not a bad plan , get out before the Liberals steal thing you have taken a life time to achieve
      My buddy cashed out this spring , auction here in November. He was tired of this b/s before , and it’s way worse now .
      Got himself a very nice place at the lake , debts paid off and not worried at all anymore of being held hostage by input companies and getting screwed at the line companies.

We are going try to ride this out , good or bad , my heart and soul not ready to quit and my nephew is all in and deserves a shot . It will be difficult, but willing to fight to keep this farm out forefathers started well over a century ago from scratch with nothing for a better life . We can get by by being frugal for now , done it before and made it through . You don’t need 150lbs of N to grow a crop , we proved that to ourselves and have done very well . This year hurts but there are many ways to skin a cat or grow a crop by thinking outside the box and ignoring the input dealers maximum crop growing strategies . They fail more than they help even on average years .

The best right now would be for everyone to just walk away for the next year , and let these shortages choke on themselves. I strongly believe that at least 50% of this is made up b/s as an excuse to capture every last penny from the farmers to feed this swollen top heavy ag industry.
      It wouldn't be good to call it quits before you are truly ready, your farm is a part of you and your family.

It sounds like your nephew is wanting to keep the farm in the family name.

You and more than likely his father or who ever is involved just have to continue to give him a good leg up so one day he can take the reins in the future.

Stepping back slowly in the upcoming years will give you time to fish and relax.

Just my thoughts!

Comment

Quick glance at the loonie and this thing could see 90 cents

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
          Following oil up? No other reasons I can think of, certainly not our government or deficits.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            It wouldn't be good to call it quits before you are truly ready, your farm is a part of you and your family.

It sounds like your nephew is wanting to keep the farm in the family name.

You and more than likely his father or who ever is involved just have to continue to give him a good leg up so one day he can take the reins in the future.

Stepping back slowly in the upcoming years will give you time to fish and relax.

Just my thoughts!
            All part of the plan for sometime yup

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
              Time frame? I'm looking at 1 year + at this trajectory

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                Time frame? I'm looking at 1 year + at this trajectory

Best i can do from a tractor seat. But yes, we are on same page. I'll do a post when things slow down or snow flies, whichever comes first. Could still see a test of support, Nov shows a direction change. But im getting bullish rather then bearish and it's all commodity based. Looks like we'll be pumping oil for some time yet.

Comment

The jump in oil prices may eventually just run out-of-steam. The current oil rally is living on borrowed time as global producers have the ability to flood the market with supply . . . quickly. A break below $70 per barrel would take very little to achieve, if market hype begins to stroke out.

If crude breaks, there may be a general downward wave in global commodity prices. Overall, inflationary pressures will likely subside as economies slow. Some sectors may feel incoming price reductions (deflation). Timing of this is difficult . . . but the writing is on-the-wall (IMO).

Comment

errol, CPI was up again today with no end in sight. Big energy and food and shelter increases will continue to seep in and with some $3.5T in spending from Brandon coming, inflationary is the dominant trend right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      errol, CPI was up again today with no end in sight. Big energy and food and shelter increases will continue to seep in and with some $3.5T in spending from Brandon coming, inflationary is the dominant trend right now.
                      jazz, yes dominant trend for now . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                        jazz, yes dominant trend for now . . .
                        errol, imho, everything will go through a hard reverse at some point. A crash will be the thing to revert all prices back to the mean. The only question is what that catalyst is and when it happens.

even if the govt floods in trillions for infrastructure, that will take years to get off the ground.

I would argue we are near the point of another recession.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          errol, imho, everything will go through a hard reverse at some point. A crash will be the thing to revert all prices back to the mean. The only question is what that catalyst is and when it happens.

even if the govt floods in trillions for infrastructure, that will take years to get off the ground.

I would argue we are near the point of another recession.

Commodity prices simply can't hold for the long-haul in this worsening global environment. Inflation to me is totally transitory. Government debt and spending is beyond ridiculous . . . . There are serious cracks surfacing in many sectors, but the market is pretending that inflation is A-OK and be prepared for more.

Comment

Commodity prices simply can't hold for the long-haul in this worsening global environment. Inflation to me is totally transitory. Government debt and spending is beyond ridiculous . . . . There are serious cracks surfacing in many sectors, but the market is pretending that inflation is A-OK and be prepared for more.
                            Except, the other side of that coin is that inflation is the ONLY way the ridiculous government debt and spending can be sustained. They are, and will do whatever they can to keep the party going. How long will they be sucessful, is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Will this change the lofty oil price projections ...

https://www.reuters.com/business/environment/us-eu-line-up-over-20-more-countries-global-methane-pact-2021-10-11/

Also livestock are going to be targeted. This has been in the works a while but Canada just jumped all in officially now.
                              Worth a hyperlink, furrow -

So India and China, with over 1/3 of the earth's population, seem a bit reluctant to get on board with the massive production cuts needed in every necessary, essential commodity to "maybe" make a tiny impact on the climate.

It's almost as if they foresee the consequence of starving a mass of almost 3,000,000,000 people...

Why is it that only Western nations are willing to sacrifice their people to the climate gods?

What is the "rationale", if we may use that term in this context?

Comment

The idea that inflation was transitory was lie, I called it many months ago. Inflation is the expansion of the money supply. Price increases are the symptom. Central banks used their last tool, jawboning, all while the printing press goes brrrrrrr. Raise rates and the economy implodes in series of cascading defaults or keep real rates deeply negative like they are and experience a melt up. Either way the fiat monetary experiment is on its last legs. Let them eat paper, commodities cannot be printed.

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
                                Last edited by biglentil; Oct 13, 2021, 09:24.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.