• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antarctic Ice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antarctic Ice

Lets get chuck squirming today

https://scripps.ucsd.edu/news/simulation-vs-reality-researchers-modify-climate-model-explain-expanding-antarctic-sea-ice RESEARCHERS MODIFY CLIMATE MODEL TO EXPLAIN EXPANDING ANTARCTIC SEA ICE

Click image for larger version

Name:	EoZJXrOWEAECpyR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	779617

They just keep repeating the science is settled, over and over again. It does wonders for their credibility.

Comment

That's why pieces keep breaking off, the ice shelf gets too big!

Environmentalist whackcos know this, but try to hoodwink the public just the same.

Comment

Antarctica is colder than the Arctic, but it’s still losing ice

Compared to the Arctic, Antarctica is responding less rapidly to climate change. Water’s melting point, 32°F, is a critical threshold for rapid change in polar regions, and only a small fraction of the snow on Antarctica’s miles-high ice sheet reaches that temperature in summer. Antarctica is also surrounded by a vast ocean, and it’s buffered by winds and weather patterns that tend to isolate it from large warm-air intrusions. Still, the frozen continent has become warmer, and has lost billions of tons of ice as a result. Its future responses to warming air and ocean could have worldwide consequences.

read more.....

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/features/antarctica-colder-arctic-it%E2%80%99s-still-losing-ice https://www.climate.gov/news-features/features/antarctica-colder-arctic-it%E2%80%99s-still-losing-ice

Comment

Can you see the picture I posted chuck? Where is the decrease in ice when its warming up? In 4 yrs of the warmest yrs on record (we are told) the ice has increased in area.

You dont believe your own eyes? Thats some serious koolaid you have latched on to.

It is physically impossible for the Antarctic to melt. it doesn't get enough solar radiation to ever be possible.
          Last edited by jazz; Apr 23, 2021, 07:56.

Comment

Wow that is whopper conspiracy theory there lentil.

Comment

Chuck like the good book says. People kind like you the true believers who drink the cool aide never in a million years will travel to Antarctica and see for yourself what's going on so you believe the salesman and buy the bullshit.

Just like the polar bears take a sick dying bear and put it front-page news and city sheep buy it up. none will ever travel to see it's just a sick old dying bear.

Come on groupie wake up Trudeau and his gang are full of shit. Yea we're going to 45% and we can't even hit our target from the last shit show meeting.

But that's a nice cut and paste.

Comment

Ooops , i am a tard , Antarctic ...not Arctic...I have to pay more attention..

.either way its cold -11c when waking up this morning.

Comment

Yea, not a warm spring start today. Oh, this is a normal transition month. Highs and lows.

But what do we know about the weather. Chuck and climate change environment Canada wiped out the data that proved nothing has changed in a hundred years.

Comment

Still think it's a conspiracy theory?

4lbs of meat a year!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210423-094037_TikTok.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	770979

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                      I didn’t realize water had a melting point and sea ice melts at 32°F
                      CC would be even more alarmed to know sea ice melts at a lower temp of 28.8°F, for some the end of the world can’t come soon enough.
                      Meanwhile the pocket gopher mounds 1/2 frozen again this morning.
                      Amazing that [in East Central AB] the gophers are not out yet here... no green grass so nothing for them to eat anyway!

Another week of freezing temps coming... with no precip... How high will the canola go... no one will know...

Pandemic attitude... 'if it can go "wrong"' will it?

China and Russia are playing us BIG time...

And India is in a real big mess... like Brazil... Argentina... No wonder our grain markets are in uncharted territory!!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        4lbs of meat a year!
                        How can we get people to eat less meat? Hhmm, maybe covid can jump into cows and survive cooking. I bet someone is checking that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          How can we get people to eat less meat? Hhmm, maybe covid can jump into cows and survive cooking. I bet someone is checking that right now.
                          They have that covered , cows cause climate change they say .

I will continue to support my local beef guys regardless of what these clown people say .

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Antarctica is colder than the Arctic, but it’s still losing ice

Compared to the Arctic, Antarctica is responding less rapidly to climate change. Water’s melting point, 32°F, is a critical threshold for rapid change in polar regions, and only a small fraction of the snow on Antarctica’s miles-high ice sheet reaches that temperature in summer. Antarctica is also surrounded by a vast ocean, and it’s buffered by winds and weather patterns that tend to isolate it from large warm-air intrusions. Still, the frozen continent has become warmer, and has lost billions of tons of ice as a result. Its future responses to warming air and ocean could have worldwide consequences.

read more.....

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/features/antarctica-colder-arctic-it%E2%80%99s-still-losing-ice https://www.climate.gov/news-features/features/antarctica-colder-arctic-it%E2%80%99s-still-losing-ice
                            ahem .... coleville lake -14 today , when does the big thaw start
                            look at real places chuck , its just under the arctic circle
                            just check "real" places not models , then ask yourself how it melts at these temps?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Ooops , i am a tard , Antarctic ...not Arctic...I have to pay more attention..

.either way its cold -11c when waking up this morning.
                              FFS , Bucket get with the program, lol
                              i gotta quit using that term , chuck did, lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.