• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CGC review

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CptnObvious View Post
    Enabling farmers to function competently in an open market was never part of the Ritz/Harper plan. They still do not consider the question.

It used to cost 1/8 the value of my wheat to get it from my truck to a ship under the CWB. It now costs 1/3. THAT was the plan.
    Why should I or anyone else subsidize your rail frieght because of where you live. If wheat is uneconomical for you to grow so be it.
    I said this before 2012 and I still do.
    And yes Virginia, you were being subsidized!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      Why should I or anyone else subsidize your rail frieght because of where you live. If wheat is uneconomical for you to grow so be it.
      True ...but in the bigger scheme of things Russia has enacted the equivalent of the crow rate...

Right or wrong ...just the fact that they have understood the value of agriculture to the economy.

Comment

Say all you want about farm groups, at least their out there on issues such as this. Individual farmers just don't have the means and the time to get involved in every issue, even though we should.

We all can't have a Wade Sobowich of the WGEA who's sole purpose is to ensure grain handling companies are involved in the dismantling of any organization that benefits the Western Canadian producer over the Grain companies.

The CGC was on the radar of Ritz Crackers because we all know who he answered to. Couldn't succeed as a farmer so why not tear down any organization or program that could possibly help farmers that can make a go of it.

Jealous Bas Tard nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
          Say all you want about farm groups, at least their out there on issues such as this. Individual farmers just don't have the means and the time to get involved in every issue, even though we should.

We all can't have a Wade Sobowich of the WGEA who's sole purpose is to ensure grain handling companies are involved in the dismantling of any organization that benefits the Western Canadian producer over the Grain companies.

The CGC was on the radar of Ritz Crackers because we all know who he answered to. Couldn't succeed as a farmer so why not tear down any organization or program that could possibly help farmers that can make a go of it.

Jealous Bas Tard nothing else!
          So you agree with Saskwheat hiring a former grain company official to write about the CGC? On behalf of who...seems like Saskwheat is acting in the graincos interest.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            So you agree with Saskwheat hiring a former grain company official to write about the CGC? On behalf of who...seems like Saskwheat is acting in the graincos interest.
            Don't farm in Sask, never read what W.W. wrote, but if your stating the report benefits the Grain companies, I'll take your word on it. Is there a specific page you can point out that does show benefit to Grain Co. that W.W wrote on behalf of Saskwheat. Not challenging you but I should read it to get educated.

I do like KAP's June 2020 submission on behalf of Manitoba's producers and that's where I farm and was making reference to.

I'm glad what they wrote on my behalf. If they hadn't of done it I know I would have never gotten around to it. So you do see where I'm coming from?

Thanks

Comment

True ...but in the bigger scheme of things Russia has enacted the equivalent of the crow rate...

Right or wrong ...just the fact that they have understood the value of agriculture to the economy.
              I understand i think.
              I don't have any answers.
              A made in Canada formula.
              Maybe ourselves and Russia are heading the same direction just differently.
              Food in NA too cheap.
              Winners and losers whether you subsidize or not.
              We are large acre producers of a world wide raw commodity with fluctuating ever narrowing margins. No one cares and if it has to go back to grass because of economics so be it.
              I empathize with your very valid question, and would direct you to the keystone issue for your answer. But in 100+ years what do you see? What can you do today to affect that?
              I will however, never fail to call Cpt Obvious and Chuck out on their lies.
              I will pay for their shipping Equality when they pay me to grow soybeans. Get my point? I cant grow them.
              Tonnes moved to date this year should quiet any but the lunatic. I will sell out before I go back in time or allow any Lost Cause lies to grow. Talk about the true meaning of a denier.

Comment

The difference between the CGC inspecting grain and private inspectors hired by the terminal doing it is the same as the difference between the R.C.M.P. and Commissionaires. I want the big boys( girls...) guaranteeing the quality of my product to the rest of the world.
                Then answer this. Why do for profit companies, who own the grain, pay for private inspectors?

Comment

Enabling farmers to function competently in an open market was never part of the Ritz/Harper plan. They still do not consider the question.

It used to cost 1/8 the value of my wheat to get it from my truck to a ship under the CWB. It now costs 1/3. THAT was the plan.
                  I don't remember to much actual shipping of wheat.

We pretended to pay them and they pretended to haul it.

Comment

Then answer this. Why do for profit companies, who own the grain, pay for private inspectors?
                    A) to inspect for criteria currently not examined by the CGC, like falling number, and B) to get everyone used to private inspectors. The terminals have increased their own risk ever since they got the CGC out of inward inspection. In the rare instances when the CGC grade was different coming in and going out it was up to the CGC to explain and make it right. Now, with their own employees grading and binning grain coming in there is a much higher risk of loading a ship and finding out the official CGC grade is not what they guessed it would be. It is now totally up to the terminal to take the hit for missing contract specs. If the terminals can convince enough people that CGC outward inspection is redundant then they can get their own guys grading both in and out which reduces their risk. And increases ours. Private graders are more likely to support those that pay their salary so grades will be less objective and prices will drop. Even just the idea that this will be possible will make the prices drop.

Comment

Could you explain how SaskWheat and the WW CGC report, separately or together, are working in the interests of the grain cos...

Comment

Subsidized how? By whom?

Comment

Could you explain how SaskWheat and the WW CGC report, separately or together, are working in the interests of the grain cos...
                          Yes...they hired a grainco executive to write the report.

And a guy that had the ear of government and the CGC and did nothing on behalf of farmers.

W.W. was a catalyst for farmers to get rid of the CWB...he never represented farmers views.

Where is the ask for penalties on contracts for delaying delivery? Why not correct the one sided contracts.

What about better CGC reporting?

Sounds like Ward wants to be the chief commissioner and continue his lapdog ways.
                          Last edited by bucket; Feb 26, 2021, 10:06.

Comment

Yes...they hired a grainco executive to write the report.

And a guy that had the ear of government and the CGC and did nothing on behalf of farmers.

W.W. was a catalyst for farmers to get rid of the CWB...he never represented farmers views.

Where is the ask for penalties on contracts for delaying delivery? Why not correct the one sided contracts.

What about better CGC reporting?

Sounds like Ward wants to be the chief commissioner and continue his lapdog ways.
                            WW worked for the CWB, not the graincos, until there was no CWB. He did not have the ear of government( or the CGC, really) and was not a catalyst. The CWB was ordered by the Harper government to shut up about farmers interests and do nothing but their specific jobs. Delayed delivery? It's more than twice as bad now.

Comment

WW worked for the CWB, not the graincos, until there was no CWB. He did not have the ear of government( or the CGC, really) and was not a catalyst. The CWB was ordered by the Harper government to shut up about farmers interests and do nothing but their specific jobs. Delayed delivery? It's more than twice as bad now.
                              He worked for G3. And read his bio in the report.

Comment

He worked for G3. And read his bio in the report.
                                I said, "until there was no CWB."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.