• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CGC review

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saskcanfarmer View Post
    Technology/AI can virtually eliminate any and all human contact with the sample.
    Maybe so but visual assessment gives you an indication of what the end use qualities will be and the world has become confident in our system to ensure that they get what they order.

If farmers want to wait until every sample goes to a lab for quality assessment that is fine. Not sure we have the lab system set up to handle all those samples or the trained staff to run them but I'm sure it is doable. And I'm not against it but who runs and pays for these the labs?

Comment

saskwheat hired some former CWB guy to write something about the CGC / canada grain act...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        saskwheat hired some former CWB guy to write something about the CGC / canada grain act...
        The CPC hired Compas review in 2006 to do an in-depth review of the CGC then turned around and only changed the things they wanted to change and repealed anything that would have helped farmers. Let me bet that very few have ever read the Old Grain Act the Grain Act after CPC made major changes and even fewer have ever read the Compas review 2006. Here's a link but pages 14 - 16 is of real interest of what should have been done instead Sec 9 and The Office of Assistant Commissioners was repealed by the Min of AG in 2010 with nothing to replace it as suggested in their very own review.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Content/Committee/391/AGRI/Reports/RP2564356/agrirp05/agrirp05-e.pdf

Comment

The bit about the CGC being in conflict because it is both a regulator and a service provider is misdirection from the grain companies. The service it supplies is to the producer and the buyer, and only incidentally to the terminal company. To them it does not have to be seen as anything other than a regulator.

Comment

Originally posted by CptnObvious View Post
            The bit about the CGC being in conflict because it is both a regulator and a service provider is misdirection from the grain companies. The service it supplies is to the producer and the buyer, and only incidentally to the terminal company. To them it does not have to be seen as anything other than a regulator.
            Not conflict. Needless expensive duplication.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              The current Executive Director was a former policy hack at the CWB

For what reason was this farmed out to a former CWB/G3 employee?

What's next; $1.00 a tonne durum brokerage to Machej for anything ex LH?

fn nepotism bs - all you left wing whacks - take a bow - these are your boyz

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                The current Executive Director was a former policy hack at the CWB

For what reason was this farmed out to a former CWB/G3 employee?

What's next; $1.00 a tonne durum brokerage to Machej for anything ex LH?

Good enough reason for me to ask for my checkoff money back. What irritates me the most is they don't mention that spending at the AGM or mention the review...and the fact they don't think farmers can think for themselves...highlights what is wrong with commissions.
                Last edited by bucket; Feb 23, 2021, 11:47.

Comment

I'm sure you screened them all out when taking on clients, or when getting paid for various Ag committees and Boards you sat on that were paid by all types of farmers.

There monies was no good?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    I'm sure you screened them all out when taking on clients, or when getting paid for various Ag committees and Boards you sat on that were paid by all types of farmers.

There monies was no good?
                    there is the difference between you and I ...

i have balls and you have none.

fn chicken sh..it hiding like a nazi war criminal

Comment

there is the difference between you and I ...

i have balls and you have none.

fn chicken sh..it hiding like a nazi war criminal
                      Ya big difference I'm a maker and your a taker with no skin in the game and therefore no Balls!

Comment

And there is your example of the resident legacy in our industry.
                        Thanks to all the predeceasers who allowed a one time mutually beneficial co-op spirit turn into an us or them argument to the death. Picking over the bones of a dinosaur while ignoring the comet. Nobody's fault on here. Perpetuation of an inherent belief.
                        It's why a flamethrower was necessary in 2012 and still today.

Comment

I mean honestly you can't find this level of paralyzing mistrust reading grain threads from any other western nation.
                          The only thing special about us is that we would make a great psychology thesis.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                            Ya big difference I'm a maker and your a taker with no skin in the game and therefore no Balls!
                            maker...LMAO

you p u ss y - there are no faceless makers

Comment

We need:
                              1/ Sales reporting

2/ Revamp risk management insurance.
                              implement a short term risk management insurance model as used in the USA. Expand it to include value add buyers, and all commodities.

Simple & comprehensive.

Licensing and bonding fails to address the multinational risk many companies operate in.

3/ Assistant Commissioners that engage.

Comment

Why was the Office of Assistant Commissioners vacated with no replacement? We need A Grain Farmers Advocacy Office completely separate from CGC Like the Compas review suggested. It needs even more power than was suggested back then as there is way more issues that have come up since the recommendations were made.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.