• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas trouble

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again, Do you Green Sh*t f*ckers want it COLDER??????? Would a degree or two TOO HOT cause $$BILLIONS in damage????? The cause IS all the Climate Scaremongers screaming END of planet by C02! Those are to blame. Sad and such a costly shame. THEY should pay.
    Then this SOB says... https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/john-kerry-blames-frigid-temperatures-record-cold-global-warming-says-9-years-left-save-planet-video/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=the-gateway-pundit&utm_campaign=dailypm&utm_content=daily https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/john-kerry-blames-frigid-temperatures-record-cold-global-warming-says-9-years-left-save-planet-video/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=the-gateway-pundit&utm_campaign=dailypm&utm_content=daily
    Last edited by fjlip; Feb 21, 2021, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
      Maybe stop reading the Proud Boys newsletters and step into the real world. You just dig deeper and deeper in the well of ignorance.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/pictures-of-texas-cold https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/pictures-of-texas-cold

Yah stop reading all those awlful right wing media sources like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-20/a-giant-flaw-in-texas-blackouts-it-cut-power-to-gas-supplies https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-20/a-giant-flaw-in-texas-blackouts-it-cut-power-to-gas-supplies
      Last edited by mcfarms; Feb 21, 2021, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by RTK View Post
        SF3 - let’s do a stress test and see who would survive if we cut the power to a city for a month during the cold snap and to the surrounding farms as well.

Hmmm... I have about 3000 gal of propane on hand, a stock pile of wood, an inverter (2x); and two generators. Could maybe get a large pto one running that grandpa had with some guidance from the electrician. If that is the case I should maybe get some more winter fuel on hand as I only have 750 gal at the moment.

Probably could get the old fuel furnace running that is in an old shed. But I have at least 6 small portable heating units that run on varying forms of energy. Oh yeah I forgot I have two frost fighter heaters - fuel and propane.

No solar panels, no windmills, no unicorns to provide fart power, no fairy dust.... I guess I am screwed. Latte drinking SJW for the win. I can admit defeat...

But... with the near by creek and my trackhoe perhaps this summer there could be some other options for seasonal power generation on a small level if this situation was permanent... Maybe just maybe if I can survive the month of -40 weather somehow in the root cellar with a candle I can be the come back kid and take the win.

So what's your plan for when Chuck and a bunch of Zombies start scratching at your door knob ?

PS: The boiling point of propane is -42 C.
        Last edited by 6V53; Feb 21, 2021, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
          So what's your plan for when Chuck and a bunch of Zombies start scratching at your door knob?
          Assuming that the Chucks of the world practice what they preach ( literally in his case), they will have long since given up their arms and forfeited their right to bear arms, so scratching will be about the extent of the damage they can inflict.
          They will be the least of the problems that a well armed farmstead has to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Would a degree or two TOO HOT cause $$BILLIONS in damage?????
            Yes.

2 things you still don't understand.

1. The difference between Climate and Weather.

2. How changing climate affects the magnitude of swings of the weather.

Texas is just another example. None of this is scare mongering, perhaps you are just too scared to want to understand the science.

Not too late to leave that well Jazz keeps digging deeper.

Comment

6v53, Well there's always...what's the matter TOO MUCH C02?

Click image for larger version

Name:	finger.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	770804

Comment

tweety, how about the question?

"Would a degree or two TOO HOT cause $$BILLIONS in damage?????"

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  tweety, how about the question?

"Would a degree or two TOO HOT cause $$BILLIONS in damage?????"
                  Net, or gross? Big difference worldwide.

Comment

THEY always say a Global Average Temp...+1C or so.

Comment

Maybe stop reading the Proud Boys newsletters and step into the real world. You just dig deeper and deeper in the well of ignorance.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/pictures-of-texas-cold https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/pictures-of-texas-cold
                      Ha Buzzfeed? What a cbc article wasnt available. Get real.

everyone knows exactly what happened in TX and why it didnt happen a decade ago.

And everybody knows why it doesnt ever happen in Ab and Sk who just had a 2 week polar vortex. Because we dont rely on virtual signaling. When the wind and solar are off line here (which is all the ***** time as hamloc and AF5 have shown) we have FF at the ready; coal, natural gas and our base electrical load has zero reliance on renewables. Gas and coal fired electric generation ready to ramp fast.

Sask had a hurricane force wind plus another few big clippers followed a cold spell that was 4 times colder than TX and our system held. Had that weather hit TX, they would be still be gathering up the bodies in the streets.

Tweety wouldnt do well out of the basement.

Comment

Yes.

2 things you still don't understand.

1. The difference between Climate and Weather.

2. How changing climate affects the magnitude of swings of the weather.

Texas is just another example. None of this is scare mongering, perhaps you are just too scared to want to understand the science.

Not too late to leave that well Jazz keeps digging deeper.
                        And both of those aren’t forecast with any accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                          And both of those aren’t forecast with any accuracy.
                          Number two has already been disproven. I posted some links a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            Number two has already been disproven. I posted some links a while back.
                            I'm sure you did. And GMO's are dangerous, couple more links, vaccines are killing us, couple more links, and covid is a hoax and no one dies from it. Don't have to go far for that, its right here. Bill Gates is the devil and the Cabal is out to ruin you.

And natural gas from wells at sea level doesn't have a water problem in minus 5 F (because god forbid you know what C is) and of course wind turbines run the compressors which is why the power went out. Damn green energy.

Comment

I'm sure you did. And GMO's are dangerous, couple more links, vaccines are killing us, couple more links, and covid is a hoax and no one dies from it. Don't have to go far for that, its right here. Bill Gates is the devil and the Cabal is out to ruin you.

And natural gas from wells at sea level doesn't have a water problem in minus 5 F (because god forbid you know what C is) and of course wind turbines run the compressors which is why the power went out. Damn green energy.
                              I think you have the wrong poster, I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

I posted the link to an article in the climate change journal Nature, which refuted your claim. Chuck seems to think they are still a credible source, what about you?

Comment

“And pumps use electricity, so they’re not even able to lift that gas and liquid, because there’s no power to produce.” FROM WINDMILLS and FROZEN SOLAR PANELS

Why is it so darn hard for people to say it?

And it is getting too damn cold.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.