• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herd Immunity?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herd Immunity?

Here's an article in the Wall Street Journal which questions the prevailing wisdom regarding Covid. The author is a doctor at Johns Hopkins so he cannot be dismissed as a quack.

He encourages people to get vaccinated, but in the meantime it's his belief that we are turning the corner on Covid and that the pandemic will be effectively over before long.

He says that in private a lot of his colleagues agree with him, but they are reluctant to speak out.

Hopefully the article does not disappear behind a pay wall.

[https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?fbclid=IwAR1A64upIxuFR-1qiq5zACZh0N_WXkfv0i6of0tbX4mhvXKZwRGI02zkMhs"]http://https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?fbclid=IwAR1A64upIxuFR-1qiq5zACZh0N_WXkfv0i6of0tbX4mhvXKZwRGI02zkMhs[/URL]
    Last edited by Austrian Economics; Feb 19, 2021, 11:05.

That may be very well true, but Canada is at least 2 months behind US in its vaccine rollout.

Comment

You hafta remove one http before hotlinking it
      Someone helped me out after a few years lol

Comment

It’s the same here, the doctors are muzzled by their associations/colleges. There are a few activist doctors towing the line and they get all the attention. Only 1 of the 17 doctors here got the vaccination (available for all of them if they wanted). Happily put their selfie of them getting the needle onto Instagram.

I wonder if Agstar is still a Covid junkie.

Comment

Couldnt get to the link so maybe this is what it was about anyhow but, I saw a thing on India the other day, they were hit real hard initially with 1500 plus deaths daily kinda thing. Now numbers have fallen off a cliff and things look to be getting better, I think they said 56% of the population is showing antibodies. This is less than the 75% minimum they thought they needed for herd immunity but is the only explanation they have as to why they turned the corner. Sounds promising!

Comment

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?mod=error_page https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?mod=error_page

Comment

That article someone posted about 60% of the population walking around asymptomatic and having no idea they have it or had it would indicate that herd immunity will arrive well before the vaccines. Its probably already here.

The evidence is pretty clear that is happening. There is lower testing happening too which explains part of the case reductions but thats only a part of the story. The best vaccination programs are barely in double digit completion yet cases falling off a cliff in every country. That doesnt make sense.
              Last edited by jazz; Feb 19, 2021, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
                Here's an article in the Wall Street Journal which questions the prevailing wisdom regarding Covid. The author is a doctor at Johns Hopkins so he cannot be dismissed as a quack.
                An interesting side note about John Hopkins University. I have a friend who is a professional well to do fella, he had gotten a Harley for his mid life crisis and started doing big road trips with a bunch of other guys. Over the years he befriended another weekend biker who happened to be a senior doctor at John Hopkins. When my friend was diagnosed with cancer he contacted this man and asked if he could go there for treatment as he could afford it and as they have such a good reputation. This fella told him that he should go to the Tom Baker cancer centre in Calgary instead as they were considered to be leading the field in cancer research and treatments. I'm happy to have the health care we do in Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  The best vaccination programs are barely in double digit completion yet cases falling off a cliff in every country. That doesnt make sense.
                  Given what you write in posts it makes perfect sense that it doesn't make sense to you why cases are falling.

Comment

Flu season is almost over.
                    But our medical experts can't figure it out..
                    Oh wait for the 3rd wave..

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                      An interesting side note about John Hopkins University. I have a friend who is a professional well to do fella, he had gotten a Harley for his mid life crisis and started doing big road trips with a bunch of other guys. Over the years he befriended another weekend biker who happened to be a senior doctor at John Hopkins. When my friend was diagnosed with cancer he contacted this man and asked if he could go there for treatment as he could afford it and as they have such a good reputation. This fella told him that he should go to the Tom Baker cancer centre in Calgary instead as they were considered to be leading the field in cancer research and treatments. I'm happy to have the health care we do in Canada!

We should be a little more thankful for the health services we have in Canada. I know my direct family is. There are countless medical professionals and medical researchers that are some of the best in the world.

But, of coarse there are those on here that will bash anything Canadian simply because government isn't in lock step with their ideology.

To those people it wouldn't matter what color the ruling governing party is!
                      Last edited by foragefarmer; Feb 19, 2021, 10:46.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1362767434420224000 https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1362767434420224000

Alex Berenson
                        @AlexBerenson
                        Finally someone said it: the United States is more likely than not close to herd immunity. There will be no fourth wave. Thank your immune systems, not the vaccines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Herd Immunity.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	770796

Click image for larger version

Name:	Herd immunity 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	770797

Comment

So whats going to prop up governments continued, and potentially worsening lockdowns?
                          Only ammo they seem to have left is the many and expanding scarey variants.

Comment

"about 60% of the population walking around asymptomatic and having no idea they have it or had it would indicate that herd immunity will arrive well before the vaccines. Its probably already here."

Would have happened earlier but we isolated and sanitized our way to delayed infection/immunity over the last year.

I hope so, they can dump their Experimental concoctions in the SEWER! Flush it with the $$BILLIONS they wasted! Perhaps Nuremberg II will be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                              Given what you write in posts it makes perfect sense that it doesn't make sense to you why cases are falling.
                              You’re speaking in riddles
                              Say what’s on your mind FFS

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.