• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat what do you read into comments like this?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
    They always want the very important bushel number on the sample bag.
    I understand the resistance to volunteering info. However do think it helps them plan, which helps us. They are not gonna book a train and post a decent price for a specific spec if its not available locally. If they think they can match both a sale and purchase thats when basis narrows.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
      I'm sure there are differences, but I think the sentiment towards buyers on agriville is exaggerated and doubt the individuals are as cranky with the buyers as they like to portray.

I have good relationships with buyers I work with, honestly believe they try to help me out when I need it. If I don't like their price or terms I find an alternative, of which there seems to be more options every year.

No huff and puff and bravado here we all just do business.

Sell when ya wanna sell hold when ya wanna hold.

Read a report this morning attica grain brokers i think out of EU somewere there suggesting record world stocks when its finally collated. Not sure when that is end of jan feb?

Errorl farming 101 when does wheat tonnes year start and end?

Harvest still going on in HRZ areas of vicotoria and tasmania. Another 3 weeks and australia done.

Comment

Now I'm wondering if its just western Canada farmers.
        Complain and distrust. ??

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Now I'm wondering if its just western Canada farmers.
          Complain and distrust. ??
          Wasnt a shot at ya sorry.

Just today saturday mid morning a lull in cash pricing , one a weekend two harvest 99% done in my state so quite market wise.

So only 8 buyers operating today $12 spread between top and bottom.

Comment

Edit all it is a quick clik of computer screen and job done no need to ring company or broker. Enter your tonnes and grade hit accept pour your coffee come back to computer usually donevthat quick.

Payment between 3 ans 19 days depends buyer.

If ya dont like the price come backnext week or next month pick you buyer and quatity again rinse repeat.

Next week might get a leg up here currency down futures up

Comment

Wasn't taken as such.
              An honest question albeit a little tongue in cheek.
              Not sure of percentage but I do feel it's part of the culture here.
              I've always said I'm a piss poor farmer cause i try not to bitch.
              I don't see the market as out to get me either.
              Your info always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                Wasn't taken as such.
                An honest question albeit a little tongue in cheek.
                Not sure of percentage but I do feel it's part of the culture here.
                I've always said I'm a piss poor farmer cause i try not to bitch.
                I don't see the market as out to get me either.
                Your info always appreciated.
                Wish i could get into trump cl8mate change debate more but at times as interesting as soiled underwear.

I did dabble with covid this morning.

Its almost 99% normal here except air travel in were most issues come from and out is my son ever gonna get to canada or usa.....

Comment

My feeling is plan for 2022 unless we get another one.
                  2021 will be a right off.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    No huff and puff and bravado here we all just do business.

Sell when ya wanna sell hold when ya wanna hold.

Read a report this morning attica grain brokers i think out of EU somewere there suggesting record world stocks when its finally collated. Not sure when that is end of jan feb?

Errorl farming 101 when does wheat tonnes year start and end?

Harvest still going on in HRZ areas of vicotoria and tasmania. Another 3 weeks and australia done.
                    My understanding is the WASDE report takes into account the various marketing years of various nations.
                    US wheat year is June - May
                    EU, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, China and NZ is July - June
                    Canada is August - July
                    Australia, Argentina is October - Sept

Comment

Wasnt a shot at ya sorry.

Just today saturday mid morning a lull in cash pricing , one a weekend two harvest 99% done in my state so quite market wise.

So only 8 buyers operating today $12 spread between top and bottom.
                      So do you sell most of your grain at harvest? Or are you only selling because of good prices?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                        So do you sell most of your grain at harvest? Or are you only selling because of good prices?
                        Both.

Hypothetical plan 2021 harvest is nov dec, Usual plan is foward price up to 30% of wheat and barley if opportunities occur in feb march april may june when ever but have about 30% of expected production sold. Prior to harvest some have balls and do 50% plus.

Then harvest maybe another 30/40% remainder in the jan feb march period.

As i sent earlier in week our shipping window finishes as your harvest is cranking up.

I try to sellmostly directly to feedlots mills get a premium often.

But pre seeding sales are usually export sales.

If pricing opportunities dont occur sit tight.

Currently new seasons nov dec 21 is $285 per tonne on farm or $315 port roughly.

My target there is $330 port or $300 on farm if it gets there incremental sales will occur in hopefully rising market until my 30% is hit. Might get 10% sold and market sentiment changes i might stand aside and do other 20% later.

Seems you guys opposite getvthe grain first then do yourvtarget incremental selling kinda the same but you sell post harvest we do pre harvest harvest and post.

Canola is nearly always done pre harvest or at harvest never held. Our canola shipping window is narrow and competes directly with you.

Storage also different here we all have maybe half our production in store at elevators.

No one way is right or wrong.

Best prices here for 20 harvest occured in april may some guys foward sold at $330 on farm i was $12 under that so be it.

Other guys sell swaps futures options rather than physical grain foward.

Comment

Both.

Hypothetical plan 2021 harvest is nov dec, Usual plan is foward price up to 30% of wheat and barley if opportunities occur in feb march april may june when ever but have about 30% of expected production sold. Prior to harvest some have balls and do 50% plus.

Then harvest maybe another 30/40% remainder in the jan feb march period.

As i sent earlier in week our shipping window finishes as your harvest is cranking up.

I try to sellmostly directly to feedlots mills get a premium often.

But pre seeding sales are usually export sales.

If pricing opportunities dont occur sit tight.

Currently new seasons nov dec 21 is $285 per tonne on farm or $315 port roughly.

My target there is $330 port or $300 on farm if it gets there incremental sales will occur in hopefully rising market until my 30% is hit. Might get 10% sold and market sentiment changes i might stand aside and do other 20% later.

Seems you guys opposite getvthe grain first then do yourvtarget incremental selling kinda the same but you sell post harvest we do pre harvest harvest and post.

Canola is nearly always done pre harvest or at harvest never held. Our canola shipping window is narrow and competes directly with you.

Storage also different here we all have maybe half our production in store at elevators.

No one way is right or wrong.

Best prices here for 20 harvest occured in april may some guys foward sold at $330 on farm i was $12 under that so be it.

Other guys sell swaps futures options rather than physical grain foward.
                          I may be the exception, but I am not opposed to selling some prior to harvest. My experience has been some good, some bad.

Then the rest is marketed throughout the rest of the crop year. Anywhere from 3 to 5 increments. Depends on grades, moisture and prices

Not the best marketer, but definitely not the worst.

Comment

Market goes up market goes down.

Buyers still about the main thing.

Turkey issued an international tender to purchase 14.7 million bushels of red and white milling wheat from optional origins that closes on Friday. “[Including white wheat] could allow wheat from more origins to be offered in the tender at a time when wheat from Turkey’s big supplier Russia is more expensive and faces an upcoming export tax,” according to one trader. Jordan purchased 4.4 million bushels of hard milling wheat from optional origins in a tender that closed earlier today. The grain is for shipment in August. The United Nations purchased 4.4 million bushels of wheat, sourced from the Black Sea region, as humanitarian aid for Ethiopia, which continues to struggle with severe drought. The grain is for shipment between February and March. Japan is planning another simultaneous buy-and-sell auction on January 27 to secure 2.9 million bushels of feed wheat and 4.6 million bushels of feed barley for arrival by March 18. Algeria purchased an estimated 4.4 million to 11.0 million bushels from optional origins in an international tender that closed earlier today. The grain is for shipment. Additional details about specific volumes are expected to be available soon. Preliminary volume estimates were for 147,677 CBOT contracts, climbing above Tuesday’s final count of 126,180.

Comment

Myself i expect market to take a breather and go sideways even up in narrow range for a while, until everything is digested, biden, weather, taxes, supplies, tenders etc etc.

The only thing moving up is darn currency 80 cents the aussie is honing in on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.