• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$ 8.00 wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough calculation wheat here in aussie dollar terms rose about $11.60 with futures move.

My guess prices here today up $2 to 3

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
      Great. You understand what coverage and position is for your needs, so you should see why a grain company uses the same mentality with their needs.
      Just funny how they all seem to do it. Coverage of all the graincos happens at the same time/day.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
        Just funny how they all seem to do it. Coverage of all the graincos happens at the same time/day.....
        Yes, like on days the futures contract that they ALL use goes up 20 cents per bushel.

Are you even aware that today the most important usda report of the year was released? It’s historically one of the most volatile days of the year. Yet you have the audacity to claim collusion because they all bought a lot of grain today as anyone would’ve expected them to given how friendly the report was forecasted to be. Did you sell any today?

And we wonder why we are labeled as a bunch of complainers..

Comment

Always happens. Graincos never give the full futures rise on wheat bids. Wheat is a one f’d market. Collusion.....
          Hey bower what’s your analysis on the collision these same companies are partaking in as they all improve their basis on canola as futures continue to rise?

Comment

Hey bower what’s your analysis on the collision these same companies are partaking in as they all improve their basis on canola as futures continue to rise?
            First off I’m not complaining. It’s just the way it is. Very rarely do local cash bids get the full benefit of a futures rally in wheat. Canola basis improving. Well a lot more domestic use. Way more crush plants help basis. Far less processing in wheat. Yes I am foolish not to think grain co have my best interest in mind. By the way I have five terminals within 100 km. And unless some special pops up they are usually within 10 cents of each other...

Comment

Collusion......Delusion........

Farmers and grain marketers have similar trade patterns just always on opposite side of the ledger in rising markets and falling markets.

Cant have a market without buyers sellers marketers and volatilty and basis.

Amazing over years read all the USDA haters they know jack shitz etc etc not a peep from them this morn8ng even praise.

Ps not referring to this forum.

End of rant.

Comment

First off I’m not complaining. It’s just the way it is. Very rarely do local cash bids get the full benefit of a futures rally in wheat. Canola basis improving. Well a lot more domestic use. Way more crush plants help basis. Far less processing in wheat. Yes I am foolish not to think grain co have my best interest in mind. By the way I have five terminals within 100 km. And unless some special pops up they are usually within 10 cents of each other...
                Your surprised that a handful of different entities marketing the same product in the same area with basically the same fixed and variable costs to the same buyers have similar prices? Please tell me why they should be more than 10 cents apart?

Comment

Your surprised that a handful of different entities marketing the same product in the same area with basically the same fixed and variable costs to the same buyers have similar prices? Please tell me why they should be more than 10 cents apart?
                  Silly me. They all must make the same sales to the same buyers for the same amount and need to fill the boats at the same time.

Comment

Silly me. They all must make the same sales to the same buyers for the same amount and need to fill the boats at the same time.
                    Are you suggesting their buyers, timelines, and prices aren’t similar on the other end of the transaction? I can’t tell if your even serious right now

Comment

Same Grainco at different points within 70 miles of farm is 29 cents difference for #1 13.5 wheat. It pays to follow local bids. You don't know what you don't know....

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                        Same Grainco at different points within 70 miles of farm is 29 cents difference for #1 13.5 wheat. It pays to follow local bids. You don't know what you don't know....
                        Not sure but 70 miles probably equates to 15-20c in rail freight alone. If they are on different rail lines difference could be 29 but that seems like a lot. I’d hope most understand why their wheat is worth more in lethbridge in January than Moose Jaw

Agree with you though

Comment

Wheat up .24 cents yesterday in Min.

Grain companies in Canada did zero increase.

Why because we have zero info from them on what they sell our product at the coast and to who.

Comment

Hmmm won't have many snowbirds to give reports on North Americas winter wheat conditions this year. Our local guys seem concerned, no snowcover ,no moisture,cold weather coming.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              Wheat up .24 cents yesterday in Min.

Grain companies in Canada did zero increase.

Why because we have zero info from them on what they sell our product at the coast and to who.

Being almost all privately held means we won’t see much into their financials

Ceres is one that is public. Their fins not pretty lol

Comment

2009 was a dry year....2010 only seeded a 25% of the farm because it was so wet ...and glad i didn't seed more...

It took 10 years to get a 4 quarter block back into full production..I am not complaining about dry ...nervous ..absolutely ...but have lived through it before....being dry just seems that a guy can accomplish more at a relaxed pace...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.