• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$ 8.00 wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s still pissed about selling all that canola from the combine

Comment

Minn wheat up 4, Cbot down 4, are we going to see Minn wheat overtake Cbot again? Did something come out in the news to cause this? June delivery to $7.75, $8.00 almost there.

Comment

Wheat getting excited this morning ahead of USAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
          Minn wheat up 4, Cbot down 4, are we going to see Minn wheat overtake Cbot again? Did something come out in the news to cause this? June delivery to $7.75, $8.00 almost there.
          14 pro ?

Comment

Russia increased there export tax to 50 usd per tonne

Comment

8 might be on the low side if dryness on the plains continues.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                14 pro ?
                #1-135
                If priced today would be #7.92

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                  #1-135
                  If priced today would be #7.92
                  Ok thx 👍

Comment

Local widen their basis on higher prices....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      lol...seen...bucket...replied...and...knew...it... would...be....negative...

do...you...expect...them...to...keep...basis...ste ady...after...largest...purchasing...days...of...t he...year...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Always happens. Graincos never give the full futures rise on wheat bids. Wheat is a one f’d market. Collusion.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
                          Always happens. Graincos never give the full futures rise on wheat bids. Wheat is a one f’d market. Collusion.....
                          Its almost like they buy enough at one level due to strength in futures that they dont need to pay the basis they were prior to the rally?

If you buy enough fert to cover your needs @ $500/mt do you buy more when the rep calls you asking you to buy more at $500? or would you wait until he offers more at a lower price?

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
                            Its almost like they buy enough at one level due to strength in futures that they dont need to pay the basis they were prior to the rally?

If you buy enough fert to cover your needs @ $500/mt do you buy more when the rep calls you asking you to buy more at $500? or would you wait until he offers more at a lower price?
                            Targets???? They have enough targets in system that if there is a futures bump they fill their needs and widen basis?

Well on fert if my needs are covered I’m not buying anymore. But i suppose if the price gets low enough I secure more supply for the next crop and store it.

I am a big believer in storage on both ends. Gives me some control or at least I makes me think I have some. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
                              Targets???? They have enough targets in system that if there is a futures bump they fill their needs and widen basis?

Well on fert if my needs are covered I’m not buying anymore. But i suppose if the price gets low enough I secure more supply for the next crop and store it.

I am a big believer in storage on both ends. Gives me some control or at least I makes me think I have some. Lol
                              Great. You understand what coverage and position is for your needs, so you should see why a grain company uses the same mentality with their needs.

Comment

I usually shop the basis first, then sell the futures later and if I don’t like the price I can look at replacing with paper. Currently I have contracted my basis for wheat and canola but haven’t pull the trigger on futures yet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.