• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish me luck farm related

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish me luck farm related

38c dead calm yesterday good harvesting weather.

Hit the hay at midnight.

4.30am 25 c could or should be back at it.

39c today but dry lightning to my west in coming .

So checked news checked agriville coffee bacon, lightning patrol till mid morning its seems.

That darn nap scenario might be in order mid afternoon some rain forecast.

Hope it does reduces risk

I have never experienced anything remotely near your situation. Totally foreign. Do your best, -20C this morning, 2' of snow.

Comment

I’m with FJLIP. Once we stopped baling hay that got too dry and left it till dark but that’s it. No such thing as too dry or hot here during harvest. Dry lighting........... rare as a bikini in January.

Only -15 and a foot of snow here.
      Do we live on the same planet?😉

Comment

2018 had to shut the combines down mid august afternoon. Two or three days in a row I believe Harvesting lentils in 42 degree heat and rotor gear case was pushing oil out from overheating. Extreme fire hazard. Here in the hood of south central. Straight outa Compton 😜

Comment

Originally posted by highwayman View Post
          2018 had to shut the combines down mid august afternoon. Two or three days in a row I believe Harvesting lentils in 42 degree heat and rotor gear case was pushing oil out from overheating. Extreme fire hazard. Here in the hood of south central. Straight outa Compton 😜
          South East alberta here, and august harvesting can present the same sorts of challenges. By september it usually tames down, but 35 degrees with a stiff wind and you're asking for serious trouble. Get into that 40 degree range and its time to just go home and drink beer on the couch...

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
            South East alberta here, and august harvesting can present the same sorts of challenges. By september it usually tames down, but 35 degrees with a stiff wind and you're asking for serious trouble. Get into that 40 degree range and its time to just go home and drink beer on the couch...
            August harvesting. Lol

Here it’s more usual to be combining wearing a parka than it is wearing a t shirt!

Comment

We have a code of conduct.

And weather stAtions with same info.

Humidity wind and temp calculated once it reaches a certain number on scale harvesting should stop. Not mandatory but 95% comply. Insurance issues if you don’t.

Anyway 1 mm of rain humid sonthats enough to stop lightning strike ignition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                August harvesting. Lol

Here it’s more usual to be combining wearing a parka than it is wearing a t shirt!
                In the late 70's wore a snowmobile suit in a cab without a heater...swaths sparkled with frost

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  In the late 70's wore a snowmobile suit in a cab without a heater...swaths sparkled with frost
                  That was me in 1993. John Deere 95. Window open to prevent frost on glass. Sparkling swaths. Happened a lot since, just have a heater at least now. A/C is for those rare days with sun! Lol

Comment

Black as a dogs guts here at moment incoming anytime i reckon

Comment

Keep up the posts.

Hoping in 5 years I can see it for myself.

Comment

Might have to give up posting a bit but trying to break the covid trump mask cycle.

Im guilty though i did our covid situation. Was gonna post a pic of mecwith a mask but blathin would have counterpunched with a chicken photo

And aplogies actually i was meant to put this on my harvest happenings blog post

Comment

Let me help her......

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201121_192259.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	770427

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            That was me in 1993. John Deere 95. Window open to prevent frost on glass. Sparkling swaths. Happened a lot since, just have a heater at least now. A/C is for those rare days with sun! Lol
                            Now I remember thanks for the memory jog, we had a heater BUT the windows fogged right up so, shut it off to keep them clear...but below zero air from fan!

Comment

Our week upcoming kid you not.

From tommorow 23 26 36 32 43 43

Night harvesting only on fri sat.

Im 1963 v8ntage heat is starting to knock the stuffing out if me.

Not super unusual though. Remember growing up as a rooting around onnpush bikes in local dam we used to have seemingly weeks of 40c

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.