• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat

How is Russian/Ukrainian crop?

Comment

Worthless .
      Should have emptied the bins at $6.80 for our protein.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Worthless .
        Should have emptied the bins at $6.80 for our protein.
        P & H still thinking they will have $7 for 13.5 px for feb

Comment

Anything under 13 pro is struggling for price .
          Over 14 pro pricing was very strong in some locations.

Selling lower protein hrsw into CP plus was $.50 or higher
          It has backed off lately I heard .

Comment

Were out for the next few years. Voracious sawfly, and no sawfly resistant CWRS that isnt midge tolerant means were switching 1:1 with durum. $9 durum this year ought to screw that market next year...

Comment

Poor wheat, at the bottom of the thread list..... and the price list.

I used to call it the summerfallow of continuous cropping....something to put between the money generating specialty crops.

Let's call it "dummerfallow". Or dummerfellow for growing it.

Only guy who makes a killing growing wheat is SASKFARMER in the Garden of Eden.

Comment

Here its the next most expensive to grow after canola. Its margin between peas and barley. But it still covers 1/2-2/3 acres.

Comment

This area has historically been 75+% cereals. They may not be sexy, but I've yet to see a crop that doesnt put "something" in the bin. It might be single digits, but ive seen peas and oilseeds die before pod set. Cereals are survivors...

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                    This area has historically been 75+% cereals. They may not be sexy, but I've yet to see a crop that doesnt put "something" in the bin. It might be single digits, but ive seen peas and oilseeds die before pod set. Cereals are survivors...
                    Yup, they wear drought tolerant genes.

Comment

Been thinking about the possibility of a lower USD. Perhaps I should cautiously anticipate a better than avg basis on new crop sales.
                      Still not sure how we'll be shut out of another grain robbery this time. This isn't 72. But yes, I'm carefully bullish.

Comment

The parallels to 1972 and the great grain robbery are amazing, our Fed Govt hasn’t caught on yet

Comment

Okay, I get the demand, the US factor, the subsidy thing, but we dont look to be on track to be shut out of sales by lack of movement. Sold out maybe.

Comment

I've got a few thousand ton that I could transfer title to a new owner....if it would ever rally!
                            Last edited by flea beetle; Nov 18, 2020, 21:20.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              Dry as hell over there my Russian friend says !

Kuban resevoir near black sea damn near dry !

Russian lady meterologist says Russia is cooling and global warming is just populism !

Take it for what it is worth thats the report strait from Mother Russia a few hours ago !
                              I keep hearing that from all the “Mother Russia” informants. Maybe we’ll see $8 wheat by July.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.