• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola

This is a rich mans crop....when a neighbour is depressed with a 36bpa canola crop because he realizes he will not make money after planning and spending for a 45bpa ....then a heat wave hits with no smoke ....chances are you need deep pockets and mother nature to love you...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      This is a rich mans crop....when a neighbour is depressed with a 36bpa canola crop because he realizes he will not make money after planning and spending for a 45bpa ....then a heat wave hits with no smoke ....chances are you need deep pockets and mother nature to love you...
      More is always better but 36 x 12 is still $432. That's a pile of groceries.

I sold last week for $12.25 dec. There were specials to $12.70 for spring. I bet there is upside potential yet but gotta pull the trigger at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
        More is always better but 36 x 12 is still $432. That's a pile of groceries.

I sold last week for $12.25 dec. There were specials to $12.70 for spring. I bet there is upside potential yet but gotta pull the trigger at some point.
        I think guys poured the groceries to it for 45bpa and priced at 10 bucks a bushel because that looked OK. .

Some were short/ emptied out on the contracts which is why the increase in prices....

With a normal rainfall 10 bucks would have been the high...

Comment

I would expect an increase in our production cost also. Equipment and repairs, fuel,
          Seed chemical all due to virus related production
          Problems legitimate or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            I think guys poured the groceries to it for 45bpa and priced at 10 bucks a bushel because that looked OK. .

Some were short/ emptied out on the contracts which is why the increase in prices....

With a normal rainfall 10 bucks would have been the high...
            Yes I guess that would suck, especially if they had to buy some contract back.

Comment

At 12 bucks plus lots should be priced now.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                At 12 bucks plus lots should be priced now.
                Holding for spring. I am betting a buck higher at that time once the bins are emptied. Gotta make up those lost heat blasted bushels somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Holding for spring. I am betting a buck higher at that time once the bins are emptied. Gotta make up those lost heat blasted bushels somehow.
                  Who needs Vegas? Gotta a have a couple of bins to “play” with. Got 3/4 of the crop sold which is very unusual for us so the rest gets to sit and see what happens............ probably plummet like cattle prices but there’s only one way to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                    Who needs Vegas? Gotta a have a couple of bins to “play” with. Got 3/4 of the crop sold which is very unusual for us so the rest gets to sit and see what happens............ probably plummet like cattle prices but there’s only one way to find out.
                    Are cattle prices rebounding?

Comment

Highest cost crop to grow here.
                      Highest margin potential too.

Comment

Feeders up 75 dollars a head from two weeks ago...maybe woodland will get a stronger market yet .

Comment

LMFAO..... better book your canola seed or the new and improved varieties will be sold out!

I am so over that sales pitch. Let the high testosterone farmers compete for and drive up the price on stuff that in some cases only gets a name change!

If we don't see some soil moisture replenishing rains next April it will be pretty hard to get excited about spending big money on the high cost and risk of getting canola established in dust.

Comment

Jan 21 crush margin at $123.55, $36.84 higher than a month ago.

Jan soybeans gapped higher tonight(barely) and is leaving behind resistance. Jan bean oil closing in on 38/cwt

Nov Canola basis as bad as -46 wow. Bills to pay....

Comment

Thanks won oh one.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.