• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Levy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting tomorrow...

Levy Refund
    Your levy may be refunded annually upon request and is based on your canola sales for the period of August 1 to July 31.

Levy Refund Application Process
    Contact our office and we will send you the current year's levy refund application form.
    A separate application form must be submitted for each producer or business requesting a refund.
    The form must have a personal name or business name and complete mailing address.
    Application forms must be signed. Unsigned forms will be returned.
    If you are mailing your application form, phone the number on the form to confirm receipt.
    Applications for refunds may be submitted to SaskCanola anytime during the crop year (August 1 to July 31), and must be received no later than August 31 of the year in which you are requesting your refund.

By regulation, SaskCanola has no authority to process a late application.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Starting tomorrow...

Levy Refund
      Your levy may be refunded annually upon request and is based on your canola sales for the period of August 1 to July 31.

Levy Refund Application Process
      Contact our office and we will send you the current year's levy refund application form.
      A separate application form must be submitted for each producer or business requesting a refund.
      The form must have a personal name or business name and complete mailing address.
      Application forms must be signed. Unsigned forms will be returned.
      If you are mailing your application form, phone the number on the form to confirm receipt.
      Applications for refunds may be submitted to SaskCanola anytime during the crop year (August 1 to July 31), and must be received no later than August 31 of the year in which you are requesting your refund.

By regulation, SaskCanola has no authority to process a late application.
      Maybe some day they will advance their technology and use fax machines.

Comment

How do I apply in Alberta, I can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
          Maybe some day they will advance their technology and use fax machines.
          They send you the form electronically, email. Just haven't opened it yet to see if you have to print and mail in the rebate application or digitally fill out a form and forward it to an email address.

SaskWheat can be printed off their website.

Saskflax mails theirs.

Can't speak to others because I don't grow barley and pulses are non-refundable

Comment

Done mine this morning.

Comment

Can someone post hotlinks for these commodity groups/refund pages?

Wheat? canola? pulses/peas?

Comment

If in Sask. Call Sask Canola and they will send a link.
                Sask Pulse levies are non refundable.
                Sask Wheat can be downloaded off their site.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                  Can someone post hotlinks for these commodity groups/refund pages?

Wheat? canola? pulses/peas?
                  They dont make easily accessible, such as a online form with the ability to upload your delivery information. Lots of roadbloacks put in place to discourage the refund process.
                  And who is it these groups are supposed to represent???

DEFUND THE CHECK-OFF GROUPS!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    They send you the form electronically, email. Just haven't opened it yet to see if you have to print and mail in the rebate application or digitally fill out a form and forward it to an email address.

SaskWheat can be printed off their website.

Saskflax mails theirs.

Can't speak to others because I don't grow barley and pulses are non-refundable
                    Apparently SaskCanola UPDATED their refund procedure Aug 1, I copied in July. But you must answer 4 pages of questions....please why why do you not want to pay for research?

Comment

I was a little torn. For a while.
                      I used to be gung ho research. Lobbying.
                      After all, we built an entirely new and very successful crop outside of the Mother Corp. Proving once and for all free flow of supply and demand etc etc.
                      Where would Charlie Mayer get in govt today?
                      Lately, I don't have a clue what they're actually doing really.
                      Wheat worse. My check off $ much larger for wheat and it's called back.
                      With 5 years till my sale, I think we pay enough for the seed already.
                      Fundamentally I still believe in research but...
                      How many acres out there really care about the last bushel? From the road I'd say < half. Profitable bushel??
                      Maybe it's an age/enthusiasm factor.

Comment

Considering the numbers on refund forms, most are only in the double digits. It does not look like there is any rush to pull funds from commissions.

Comment

It seems like the seed companies are now doing all the research, collecting the seed royalties etc.

Would this make the commodity groups role, .... redundant ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                            It seems like the seed companies are now doing all the research, collecting the seed royalties etc.

Would this make the commodity groups role, .... redundant ?
                            yup. And the GrainCos do the marketing/ Market development

Comment

Ideas on what good they could do?
                              How much $ do they really need?

Comment

Build a export terminal and lease it out.

I also like idea of plant breeding and varieties owned by producers,

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.