• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it “do or “die” week?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigzee's hogging all the rain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200630-052502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	769890

Comment

Hopefully we get a shot here in the next two days
      Nothing meaningful in nearly 3 weeks now
      Lots of showers but dust still on any backroads
      Crops ok but need refill shortly

Comment

Caught 2 mils last night as the system drifted to far East. Looks like another on the way but drifting West. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Imagine paying 12-15K rent on 150 acres in a drought year. I hope grain quality is good!

I justified to the Apprentice going the extra mile on the herbicides because we don't pay rent. I can "afford" to attempt to keep my land clean and not risk losing it to someone else and benefitting from my costs and efforts.

Deciding where to shave expenses is a shitty deal based on limited resources.

I wonder if a time will come when tenants will have more influence in the cost of land rent. Still seems like there's only two options...."pay" it or leave it
          If farming didn't "pay" the rent would come down. Simple economics.

Farming is what you do to keep busy till land value goes up. Rent lots of high priced land if you want to be "busier". Also simple economics.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
            If farming didn't "pay" the rent would come down. Simple economics.

Farming is what you do to keep busy till land value goes up. Rent lots of high priced land if you want to be "busier". Also simple economics.
            I know a landlord(cousin-in-law) who "picked" his tenant based on their farming practices and not chasing the high dollar rent.

How many landlords have a revolving door or tenants, three years and let it go. Not saying that is the case all the time and everywhere. Like furrowtickler said, there's always someone waiting in line to assume the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I know a landlord(cousin-in-law) who "picked" his tenant based on their farming practices and not chasing the high dollar rent.

How many landlords have a revolving door or tenants, three years and let it go. Not saying that is the case all the time and everywhere. Like furrowtickler said, there's always someone waiting in line to assume the risk.
              And certainly rent won't come down till there are no more. Hard to believe that will ever happen.

Comment

This is gonna sound a little weird to you guys. Finally today some mid winter 20c weather get crops moving.

This days on end of 15/16 with cold frosty mornings ain’t good for crops our the soul.

Today 8 when I got out of bed and 21c for today with showers later

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                  This is gonna sound a little weird to you guys. Finally today some mid winter 20c weather get crops moving.

This days on end of 15/16 with cold frosty mornings ain’t good for crops our the soul.

Today 8 when I got out of bed and 21c for today with showers later
                  Oh you poor fellow, what a horrible COLD winter, we are so jealous of course, ours is -40C with a wind!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.