• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday, Im positive we will get rain finally today!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to be in a drought so that i could get some joy out of rain. Its been many years since rain on the roof felt good and it would wake both of us up and that joy would lead us to some play time

Any more rain on the roof at night is just stress and dread that usually ends up with a trip to the basement to turn on the tv and then down there i can't hear the stupid rain!

Comment

Got rain today around 1/4". Had rain yesterday and the day before. Rain in forecast for tomorrow, the next day and everyday for the next 10. Come to Edmonton, all ye who need rain. That is where you find it.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
        I would love to be in a drought so that i could get some joy out of rain. Its been many years since rain on the roof felt good and it would wake both of us up and that joy would lead us to some play time
        !
        It sounds like you need to adapt your strategy. For example perhaps every time you wake up and you don't hear rain on the roof you and the little lady could celebrate. You can thank me later.

PS, might want to set an alarm clock, In case no one wakes up to the sound of nothing ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          It sounds like you need to adapt your strategy. For example perhaps every time you wake up and you don't hear rain on the roof you and the little lady could celebrate. You can thank me later.

PS, might want to set an alarm clock, In case no one wakes up to the sound of nothing ...
          After about a week Mrs. Seldomseen will be praying for rain

Comment

Well all the experts had us for up to 70 mm rain and actually we were ground zero for last nights rain.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just like Trudeau Full of shit.

I am not complaining as we did finally get something.

1/2 in at our yard weather station.

NE of us weather station 1.2 inches small band.

SE of Town got 1/4 inch.

So yea I'm kind of happy it's not the big one, would have been nice to get 1/3 of what they figured.

More could come at 9 to 10 today in round two.

Day time heating might help.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
              NW of Maple Creek where we live we had 3/10 of an inch over the weekend. not as much as I would like but it makes stuff hang on for a little while anyways.
              Update: We are now at 7/10 of rain in total since Saturday. Peas will like this, along with everything else!!!

Comment

It’s a beautiful morning out there. Hot and humid - it’s a Florida day. Hoping for Florida downpour. There’s only 2/10/in Regina rain gauge. Oofta!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  It’s a beautiful morning out there. Hot and humid - it’s a Florida day. Hoping for Florida downpour. There’s only 2/10/in Regina rain gauge. Oofta!
                  48 hrs to get a half inch of rain, yikes. Rain too light, storms moving too fast. Get a 10 minute down pour and then lightest drizzle and amounts to just a few tenths.

One more chance today and tonight.

Comment

Minton and Gladmar supposedly got 4 inches.
                    There was some nasty looking radar that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      Got rain today around 1/4". Had rain yesterday and the day before. Rain in forecast for tomorrow, the next day and everyday for the next 10. Come to Edmonton, all ye who need rain. That is where you find it.
                      The mosquitoes are getting bigger and more plentiful everyday it seems.
                      Plans of making dry hay have been shelved, making bale silage seems optimistic, I guess we’ll be dragging the chopper in the shop. Try to bubble gum it together and get going on our next weather window.

We’ve learned after the last couple years to not wait for good conditions otherwise your dealing with coarse ugly hay in August and no second cut since it’s too late. If need be we’ll grind crummy dry bales in the bottom of the pit to soak up the juice if the crop is too wet.

Two days with out supposed moisture........ better take advantage of it. Currently stuck with a equipment trailer on a hilltop awaiting a pull in the rain. There’s water where we’ve never seen water before. At least the one silage truck has full locking diffs and new knobby tires. Gonna need it

Comment

That is unreal, woodland, tough spot to be in. 7/10" more last night, S of Kelvington, 2". Is that on you sheepwheat?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                          That is unreal, woodland, tough spot to be in. 7/10" more last night, S of Kelvington, 2". Is that on you sheepwheat?
                          Two inches indeed in about twenty minutes. Basement flooded. Had we not been home to alleviate, it would have been a disaster. We never needed two tenths let alone two inches.

Liked rain for a brief week this year. Back to being my enemy again.

“But the high spots will make up for it”, right?

Comment

If we miss a decent rain tonight we will be in tough shape within 10 days here
                            Crops look very good now but areas here have had no significant rain in close to 3 weeks now

Comment

Half inch when I left the yard this morning. Been raining since so there’s going to be more.

1.5” since Friday night. Can’t wear my crocs out in the yard anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                                Half inch when I left the yard this morning. Been raining since so there’s going to be more.

1.5” since Friday night. Can’t wear my crocs out in the yard anymore!
                                Had the crocs on here for 10 days now lol
                                Sure beats the 2 1/2 months on work boots
                                But back at er next week with cleaning bins and hauling grain
                                🎣 set aside for a while lol

Been watering grass here in yard the last 5 days

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.