• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norway plans big expansion of Arctic oil exploration

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Ummmmm , agree, but that’s been unfolding for several years already , no ??
    Quit renting from people who were only looking for a place to dump money!
    Foreigners and Domestics.
    Then maybe our young people could afford to buy some of it!
    HTF(how the fk) is $80-100/ ac going to look in some of the drought affected areas or areas way too wet?
    WTF(who the fk) is carrying all the risk?
    Give your fn heads a shake for a minute.

Comment

Before Trudeau became PM Steven Harper signed a G7 agreement that said by the year 2100 Canada would stop using fossil fuel as an energy source. That was pretty radical for the MP from Calgary! LOL

I have no control over what Norway does. Oil is still important and will be used for several decades. But the search for and transition to cleaner sources of energy is well underway.

Comment

Some pictures are truly worth 1000 meaningless words .
        Or 2030 useless words

Also this rings very true ..... 👇🏽

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Quit renting from people who were only looking for a place to dump money!
          Foreigners and Domestics.
          Then maybe our young people could afford to buy some of it!
          HTF(how the fk) is $80-100/ ac going to look in some of the drought affected areas or areas way too wet?
          WTF(who the fk) is carrying all the risk?
          Give your fn heads a shake for a minute.
          Yup happening here as well
          You go west of here it’s bizarre actually
          Well and east to hobby farmer’s area
          A lot of big investor money floating around
          Some got caught big time last two years here with dry conditions and the very short growing seasons but always seems to be someone sweeps in and keeps the ball rolling .
          Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 27, 2020, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Before Trudeau became PM Steven Harper signed a G7 agreement that said by the year 2100 Canada would stop using fossil fuel as an energy source. That was pretty radical for the MP from Calgary! LOL

I have no control over what Norway does. Oil is still important and will be used for several decades. But the search for and transition to cleaner sources of energy is well underway.
            I wonder if gretta is going to hold protests in Norway 🇳🇴 now ??

Comment

Interesting that given the choice between supporting the fossil fuels industry or becoming a third world nation, Norwegians are smart enough to make the correct choice. Unfortunately for them it will prove to be too little, too late because we have just entered a global economic depression that will not be ending any time soon. Anyways, Norwegians can come to their senses apparently, but are canuckistani that smart? I fear not. Too many in this country have not a clue were our prosperity comes from. They think it comes from the gubmint.

Comment

Covid-19 was likely just a catalyst for what was going to happen sooner or later anyway.

I can't imagine how this is going to end.....

Is this the beginning of the big reset?

Comment

Covid-19 was likely just a catalyst for what was going to happen sooner or later anyway.

Unfortunately you are bang on

Comment

Bout time. Should have started three years ago

For clarity, my comment was with regard to the financial system problems, nothing more
                    Last edited by farming101; Jun 28, 2020, 08:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      It People like Chuck and for that matter our Prime Minister need to wake the phuck up and pull their head out of their butts and realize that oil still has an important roll to play in our energy mix for the foreseeable future!
                      Need to gather chuckles and skippies, tie them on a stoneboat and run them back and forth with a peppy boat on a dugout till they glug and moan, “Uncle” Saves waterboarding in a facility. Cost cutting. Who’s got a peppy boat for the first run at the National Oil
                      Woke? Could have thousands of woking events on farms all summer. One suggestion from a Viking. Every once in awhile the old urge to put on my helmet rises in my warrior heritage. Alive and well it is. Pars.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
                        You are exactly right. Unstable and falling interest rates put every farmer in a profit margin vise. Falling rates push down ag commodity prices while at the same time triggering a relentless rise in farmland values. Eventually, those who cannot service their debts will exit the business.
                        Methinks interest rates are going to rise. Canada will find it difficult to find a money lender. People will get hungry. Which reminds me, nice Saskatoons getting fat. Pars.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                          Need to gather chuckles and skippies, tie them on a stoneboat and run them back and forth with a peppy boat on a dugout till they glug and moan, “Uncle” Saves waterboarding in a facility. Cost cutting. Who’s got a peppy boat for the first run at the National Oil
                          Woke? Could have thousands of woking events on farms all summer. One suggestion from a Viking. Every once in awhile the old urge to put on my helmet rises in my warrior heritage. Alive and well it is. Pars.
                          Skål!

Comment

"...the big reset?"

If one could call the Bolshevik Revolution a big reset, then...

The possibilities and potentials of this engineered upheaval are mind-numbing.

In 1917, the kulaks - larger farmland and property holders -were routed off their sizable holdings and banished to Siberia, labour camps or simply murdered. 10 -20 million of them, the mainstay farmers of Eastern Europe.

The peasants, who were the impoverished, plot-sized landowner, leftovers from fairly recently ended feudal system days, joined forces with the Bolshevik rabble-rousers to become an disproportionately large factor in the overthrow of the economic system of the day.

They thought they were goping to be better off by destroying the existing socio-economic order.

The term "kulak", I read, had a literal translation of "tight-fisted". So the beggared masses were bitterly fed up with the financial disparity between themselves and those for whom they labored. For a pittance.

A steady diet of bitterness makes thin gruel for peaceful negotiation.

The October revolution ended up with far worse social and economic conditions for even more of the population than under the Czarist days.

The peasants, the proletariat, were fooled by their deceptive Marxist leadership. Quelle surprise.

What cannot be ignored in this time is the fact that if these trends into lawlessness continue, we, as the modern day equivalent of the Kulaks, have by far the most at risk.

What insurance is available to protect against that?
                            Last edited by burnt; Jun 28, 2020, 07:49.

Comment

It's the right wing counter revolutionaries at work on agriville! It's a war out there. LOL

Anyone who doesn't fully agree with them is the enemy!

And Parsley is advocating torture and violence against people she doesn't agree with? That's getting desperate and a sign she is losing the battle or maybe her marbles?

Since Steve Harper signed us on to the G7 agreement to stop using oil as an energy source by 2100, are you going to torture him too? LMAO

It's sillyville at full bloom!

Comment

An even more important point, however, is whether the BoC could even tear up its stockpile of GoC bonds in the first place. The way double entry accounting works, every asset on the BoC’s balance sheet needs a corresponding liability. So the BoC can’t simply “vaporize” GoC bond assets*off its balance sheet. Doing so would require it to also tear up a corresponding amount of liabilities. But we know that BoC liabilities are assets of the private sector.*So the BoC could tear up cash in circulation or delete bank reserves from the accounts of commercial banks if it*wanted to destroy its own liabilities, but doing so would destroy private sector wealth, which is the last thing the BoC wants to do.

The point is that the BoC really has no need to “forgive” debt of the federal government, and even if they did, they couldn’t really just tear up bonds in*a figurative sense.*The government already gets interest-free money from the Bank of Canada, making QE and monetary financing already somewhat of a “debt jubilee” for the Government. The most direct method to implement this de facto debt jubilee would be for the BoC to simply buy government debt on the primary market. The alternative is for the GoC to instead issue debt to the private sector in the primary market, with the BoC then buying this debt on the secondary market and*thus*“forgiving” the loan. And there you have it – a modern day government “debt jubilee”.

https://crusoeeconomics.com/2020/04/11/a-government-debt-jubilee/

My best educated guess is interest rates will stick where they are. The currency will be where the wild gyrations occur as we have seen with the real and yuan, peso etc. The dream of a debt jubilee can only occur if the entire world agrees to it, otherwise we are likely looking at a hot war. Am interest rate spike would run counter to the current trend in Japan and EU that's been in existence long enough im cautious of a change but not expecting one. The system needs a relief valve and it comes back to currency. At present the central banks "got this" on rates. They can't control capital flow in and out. This leaves them as the only buyer of govt debt. There won't be a crash here it's simply a no trade. Having said that, credit availability could simply dry up no matter what the rate forcing BOC and other CB's being the only lender for private entities. As Mrs. Booth has pointed out, every CB's inflation indicator model is broken and they are flying blind. Money creation and inflation starts with the commercial banks lending moreso then CB policy. Hope this helps, I'm expecting a serious deflation event ahead. Think -$40 crude spreading to every commodity sector like a virus.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.