• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it “do or “die” week?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
    It appears the big rain is beginning to fizzle out. Big suprise there. F#ck.😡😡
    Next year country just like the rough riders. Speaking of them are we gonna bail them out because of COVID-19?

They do bring tourism to the slough city.

Iceman

Comment

Would anyone take a guess at how big the dry area of the prairies would be?

We are wet but we are a small area.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

1/4 the size of last year

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks like a large area to me
                Much like a lot of posters on here are saying
                Boots 🥾 on the ground , usually closer to truth than reporting from “experts”

Comment

The biggest crop disaster since the 30's perhaps? I predict no $700 bags of canola in my future. BASF can ***** starve as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Huhh, I am surprised by Manitoba. Not hearing a lot out of them being that dry,

Comment

I'd be willing to bet someone that the top quarter to a third of the yeild is already lost in the Slum of the Ghetto.

Comment

I find this thread of great interest and sorry to guys who are struggling and hoping and Looking skywards.

None of my comments are to be taken as being a smart arse.

See yields of 15 To 20 bushels being a train wreck.

Different world of course and price dependant we cover costs at that nothing more though.

Train wreck here is zero and as we have discussed we don’t have insurance here.

Costs lower except machinery inputs lower land costs lower.

All in perspective I guess.

Farma in the ghettho would be paradise perhaps to many dry land aussies.

And the wet well pardon the pun I can’t fathom that.

Comment

Risk is disgusting in Western Canada.
                          Retarded rents, not designed for "poor" crops.
                          My wheat herbicide was over $20/ac, I was hopeful and optimistic. (Generic Axial and Pixarro)
                          We have very close to 300 lbs./ac fert on our canola(might be light for some people).
                          Wheat has enough on too.
                          Spraying we didn't cut any corners(except 80 acres of peas were too clean to spray)
                          Did a bag of Edge that didn't work, went in with Odyssey(would have used it anyway) but topped it off with 40 acre per jug rate of Poast.....had to!!!!
                          All canola sprayed with Odyssey Ultra.
                          2/3 canola seed treated with Lumiderm and a third not...mixed 1/3-2/3 going into air cart.
                          Flax got high rate Curtail M and 40 acre/jug rate of Poast.
                          Some peas(3/4 of them) got Imazethapyr(generic Pursuit) AND high rate Authority) post seeding pre-emergent, to get a handle on what I thought would be a carpet of volunteer shelled yellow mustard from the late harvest the year before., then had to go in with Viper because of no activation or decent rain to make the other two herbicides work)....couldn't use Odyssey because I would have been double rating the Imazethapyr.
                          Add in machinery costs, fuel, insurance, labour. Etc....

Really feeling the risk this year, not real comfortable.

On the bright side, for us, I've seen worse feilds than ours and some are right beside us.

Wiseguy, I don't carry crop insurance.....

If Agstability needs to trigger.....that will be real bad.

It's not over yet but it is already "somewhat" too late.....
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 27, 2020, 21:37.

Comment

Imagine paying 12-15K rent on 150 acres in a drought year. I hope grain quality is good!

I justified to the Apprentice going the extra mile on the herbicides because we don't pay rent. I can "afford" to attempt to keep my land clean and not risk losing it to someone else and benefitting from my costs and efforts.

Deciding where to shave expenses is a shitty deal based on limited resources.

I wonder if a time will come when tenants will have more influence in the cost of land rent. Still seems like there's only two options...."pay" it or leave it
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 27, 2020, 22:06.

Comment

Listening to the media it sounds like everything is good this summer and its nice hearing from real farmers about whats really going on.

Risk is huge with costs so high and always the risk of drought or flooding!

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;
                                Some peas(3/4 of them) got Imazethapyr(generic Pursuit) AND high rate Authority) .[/QUOTE]

Have you ever had crop damage the following year from carryover Pursuit residue.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.